What is the Net Worth per Band Member?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they will have all earned the same from u2. How they all invest/spend their dosh is a different matter and will be where any difference in worth originates from.

Traditionally, it has always been the U2-policy to split all earnings evenly (for example, you see all compositions listing songwriters as Clayton, Hewson, Evans, Mullen, etc.).

I guess around 1987 or so -- certainly with Rattle and Hum -- Bono and Edge started spending a lot more time together, writing, and fine-tuning more carefully crafted songs. When conflict arose in late 1990 in Berlin, Bono and Edge pointed out to Larry and Adam that they had been writing most of the songs and putting in the extra time, and therefore should in all fairness be compensated as such. Whether or not this ever happened I don't know.

If it did, certainly Bono and Edge will have earned more than the rhythm section. But it's still highly possible that all 4 guys have earned more-or-less exactly the same amount.

65980 said:
Traditionally, it has always been the U2-policy to split all earnings evenly (for example, you see all compositions listing songwriters as Clayton, Hewson, Evans, Mullen, etc.).

I guess around 1987 or so -- certainly with Rattle and Hum -- Bono and Edge started spending a lot more time together, writing, and fine-tuning more carefully crafted songs. When conflict arose in late 1990 in Berlin, Bono and Edge pointed out to Larry and Adam that they had been writing most of the songs and putting in the extra time, and therefore should in all fairness be compensated as such. Whether or not this ever happened I don't know.

If it did, certainly Bono and Edge will have earned more than the rhythm section. But it's still highly possible that all 4 guys have earned more-or-less exactly the same amount.

I'm pretty sure the money is split equally five ways: Bono, Edge, Adam, Larry, and Paul.

I'd assume so too...all the guys seem very considerate when it comes to these things...

Not to mention, their probably the most honest muscians in the history of time.

Bill Flanagan talked about this in "U2 at the End of the World". He said that after ZOOTV the band was going to sit down and renegotiate. However it was never stated that the money distribution changed. They were going to take into consideration everything that they do in terms of the band for example Larry's overseeing of the merchandising. In other words if Larry and Adam are doing less songwriting wise then they would take on more of the other aspects of U2 to balance things out. There was also talk of renegotiating Paul's split because since the band oversees so much of what they do, his contribution was not really what a traditional manager does. But as I said it was never announced that anything had changed monetarily, so I think maybe they just reorganized everyone's responsibilities so that the work was distributed in such a way that it matched up to the money. The way they talk Larry and Adam definitely appreciate that Bono does sacrifice a lot by the even distribution and they take this into account I think in decisions about what things are paid for by the band and what is personal. Bono has commented that the band supports his political work financially, and I think that probably the band may be paying his travel expenses and such from band funds rather than him paying on a personal level. This is all speculation on my part of course. Since U2 doesn't ever like to talk about money I doubt we will ever really know how they divide things up.

Dana

Back
Top Bottom