What do you want to see on U2's next album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScooterXX7

The Fly
1) A tenth anniversary remake of Pop.

or

2) New music, or those supposedly really good recording sessions from 'Atomic Bomb that just missed the album due to time constraints.

I'm leaning towards number two. I can wait for a 15th anniversary of Pop. :wink: HTDAAB was U2's best since Achtung Baby IMO. With U2 coming off on a roll, I wouldn't want to see that style seen on HTDAAB sidetracked. I really don't care honestly, as long as the next album is good. :drool:

Though...one thing worries me... (Taken from wikipedia.org)

After the touring with hip-hop star Kanye West, Bono personally stated that the band will "experiment" with newly inspired ideas of the hip-hop music.

I really hope that douche Kanye West didn't influence him THAT much, to which we notice it in the next album. I really don't want to see a U2-Hip Hop style. :huh:

ScooterXX7 said:

I certainly hope its just bullshit.

It's a misinterpretation of a quote. There's a very lengthy thread about it on the new album forum.

Since theres no Best-Of to hide behind this time, ;) perhaps a Pop re-working ( I really like the album, but a different version would be really interesting to me) could be the stop-gap before the HTDAAB follow-up..

2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: (love that smilie)

i wouldn't mind U2 Experimenting with Hip Hop! I think it would kickass! Just not too much experimenting at first until they get it "right" or until they realize they can't work with it.! U2 are too talented to make stupid songs that are too influenced by 50 or Kanye! Experiment is the key word. Not imitate. when U2 said they would experiment with dance music , people probably thought it would suck. It could have sounded like generic dance artists of the day. but look - 3 amazing albums! I think this may be a good idea! (Even if it is misquoted it would definately be interesting).

I know ALOT of people are going to flame me for this, but some of... Limp Bizkit's (*hides!*) songs were pretty cool when their guitarist Wes would take control of the song. He had some cool parts and if Fred Durst wasn't being a total idiot, it worked well together. Now this in NO NO NO way means I want U2 to become RAP ROCK :|:|:|! But I'm saying with the exploration of HipHop with a talented band being lead by The Edge, with Larry and Adam stepping up (it would require them to think of some new ideas musically), it would just rely on Bono to pull off some good stuff and for the love of god not make an idiot of himself.

I think it could kick ass!

typhoon said:
Holy fuckshit, Pop is almost ten years old.

I thought about this the other day, and it hit me like a load of bricks. I can't believe it's been ten years - it seems like it just came out. :sigh:

SpaceOddity said:

I thought about this the other day, and it hit me like a load of bricks. I can't believe it's been ten years - it seems like it just came out. :sigh:

Exactly.

not only that but its hard to believe that these guys have been together for 30 years!!!!!

;)

Pop is great the way it is. Just because it's not as mainstream as their other releases doesn't mean it was flawed. I like the fact that it's not universally appreciated...gives it a bit more mystery and credibility. On the next album guys, give us something genuine. Not another Achtung or Joshua and defintely not another BOMB...but another great experiment. Or atleast write some good songs.

typhoon said:
Holy fuckshit, Pop is almost ten years old.

Mad, isn't it? I guess that also means I've been a U2 fan for nearly 10 years. I still feel like a new fan 'cause I'm so young. It's weird.

I don't think U2 is seriously going to re-record Pop. Honestly, would anyone rather them spend time and effort into redoing what they've already done as opposed to making entirely new music? Even if you do feel U2 could have done better with Pop...it takes long enough to get a new album as it is, if U2 tried to re-record Pop we wouldn't get an actual new album til 2010! And if they re-did Pop, I doubt they'd tour for it. I don't wanna wait that long for a new tour.

U2's never going to remake Pop. Let's get that through our thick heads. I love Pop, and I don't want to see The Playboy Mansion renamed "The White House" or "If God Will Send His Money (to Africa)" or "Staring At My Son (and smelling his head)". One good idea, rerecord "Please" but write 50 more "knees" into it. Since Bono is so fond of using that word, it would be like a Weird Al version.

ozeeko said:
U2's never going to remake Pop. Let's get that through our thick heads. I love Pop, and I don't want to see The Playboy Mansion renamed "The White House" or "If God Will Send His Money (to Africa)" or "Staring At My Son (and smelling his head)". One good idea, rerecord "Please" but write 50 more "knees" into it. Since Bono is so fond of using that word, it would be like a Weird Al version.

:lmao:

holy shit. you win for that one.

Staring at my Son (and smelling his head) :laugh:

How about a new song called 'Kneel' and an album's worth of remixes!!!!

Just imagine:

1. Kneel
2. Kneel (Stoney pews are hard on the caps mix)
3. Kneel (Crouching, thinking about it mix)
4. Kneel (Armstrong Lunar mix)
5. Kneel (No seats here mix)
6. Kneel (Eel's NK anagram mega mix)
7. Kneel (Finn edit)
8. Kneel (Are we kneely there yet bad pun dub mix)
9. Kneel (Young's sidechop hip-hop mix)
10. Mercy

As I have mentioned somewhere on here before, I think it would be interesting to see U2 go off on a 'musical journey', similar to the One Giant Leap project.

Go off and sample sounds, textures & rythms (spelling) from cultures around the world. Sounds taking in Africa, the Middle East, South America, Asia, America & Europe.

Bring it all together & put it through the U2 blender. In a world with so many cultures divided right now, let U2 bring them all together!

Its also some extra uncharted territory for them. We've seen U2 explore other cultures in some songs. But a whole project about this could be cool.

ozeeko said:

I was getting annoyed by some of your posts right until I read this.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I reckon it would be good if they got a piano more involved with their songs on the next album. i think the live arrangement of OOTS works really well and it would be good if we could see more of that :applaud:

t8thgr8 said:
no. get rid of the pianos, get rid of the violins. thats mom and dad shit. replace with more guitars.

yes, make a full album of "a man and a woman"'s :up:

no thats a little too 'for the elderly' also. whats wrong with edge making new sounds w/ guitar? i want whatever i hear to be them and/ or with an effect. not some dude or dudes in an orchestra or some mix maker dj. oh and pick up the pace, lets speed things up in the beat dept.

something totally different from what they've done before!

and I mean totally!!! NOT like the 90s or anything.

Look at Björk. Medulla is like NOTHING she's done before. :up:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'd like to see songs on the next album. preferably ones written and recorded by u2.

U2...writing and recording songs? for an album?

that's ridiculuous. I'd rather hear Radiohead write and record songs for the new U2 album, because Radiohead is everything I wish U2 was, but I still post all the time at a U2 forum anyway, bitching about how much U2 sucks now.

Zootlesque said:
something totally different from what they've done before!

and I mean totally!!! NOT like the 90s or anything.

Look at Björk. Medulla is like NOTHING she's done before. :up:

Björk is NOTHING like U2, though.

Have you heard Vespertine, Zoot? So friggin' beautiful. :heart:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom