What do people think the bands reaction to all this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, the band will be happy. Imagine 100,000 U2.com subscribers at $40 each. That's an easy $4 million.

16 American shows at arenas with 20,000 capacities. That is 320,000 concert-goers. U2 used to do 320,000 in just 6 or 7 stadium shows. Now there is the additional cost of 9 extra shows to get the same number of people. The solution is simple: charge higher for the tickets. With ticket prices ranging from $50 to $165, I'd peg the average at $110. So 320,000 x $110 is a little over $35 million.

So U2 get $4 million just doing nothing (website), and are looking at $35 million. So that's a gross of $39 million for just two months of work. So what the hell would you think their reaction would be? U2 would be happy of course.

Profits are the result of having the highest gross income ($40 membership fee) with the littlest of expenses (U2.com hardly provides much). So you think U2 would be outraged by all this?

I think U2's reaction can be summed up by Bono's sly grin on the cover of HTDAAB.

Cheers,

J

MrBrau1 said:
And it's all made by people w/ 16 posts, all made today.

I can't believe you people, your attitude is unbelievable. I have never seen such kiss ass attitude towards a rock band in all my life. Can they do no wrong in your eyes??? Have this band ever done anything wrong in your eyes. Talk about blind faith but the early posts in this thread are ridiculous. You guys are scary in your absolute belief in everything U2 does is holy. And by the way, I have 600+ posts!

rjhbonovox said:

I can't believe you people, your attitude is unbelievable. I have never seen such kiss ass attitude towards a rock band in all my life. Can they do no wrong in your eyes??? Have this band ever done anything wrong in your eyes. Talk about blind faith but the early posts in this thread are ridiculous. You guys are scary in your absolute belief in everything U2 does is holy. And by the way, I have 600+ posts!

And here is Ken's dog "Roxy."

MrBrau1 said:

And here is Ken's dog "Roxy."

You guys are great, you post on here and you come back with personal insults. It's ok though, you go buy your tickets at $110 each and then listen to Bono complaining about the Third World Debt while he drives away in his superfast sports car and gets to his 3 luxurious mansions with £150million in the bank and growing by the minute with another megabucks tour around the corner!

rjhbonovox said:

You guys are great, you post on here and you come back with personal insults. It's ok though, you go buy your tickets at $110 each and then listen to Bono complaining about the Third World Debt while he drives away in his superfast sports car and gets to his 3 luxurious mansions with £150million in the bank and growing by the minute with another megabucks tour around the corner!

Why are you even here? Ask yourself.

Since when does someone have to give away their entire fortune in order to support a cause of some kind?

I can only imagin the senario when Fanfire was presented with this contract, Oh yeah, we can handle it, there won't be any problems, we know U2.. blah, blah,blah.
Contracts were signed by the suits, and yes there are suits in the U2 corp. All is going to go well..:rolleyes:

It almost never happens that way and it happens in all aspect of business. When the company I was downsized from introduced new laser printers or upgrades, the customers were livid. Why didn't you tell us about this new product, software or any glitches that would happen? Well we (the minions) didn't know, simple as that. Not
Maybe engineering/management knew, but hey we just took the training classes and tried to run troubleshooting from there.

Marketing and advertising is just there to promote not to handle the customer fallout.
This is what we have here, customer fallout from fans who have been "handled" and not very well, I might add - by a company that really couldn't handle the magnitude of a band like U2.

I truly think that is where the blame lies. :yes:

Were Bono, Edge, Larry, & Adam in on theses meetings concerning Fanfire? I doubt it. Even if they were they were sold the same bill of goods as the mgnt.

But you can bet they are in on the heads that will roll from this debacle. :yes:
I do not believe for one moment that the guy's will let this slide..

But on a level where they can make everyone happy, well that's just not going to happen either.
Ticketmaster, as bad as they are, seems to be one of the only companies that can handle a concert tour of this magnitude.
I could be wrong, I just don't know..
Otherwise I don't think U2 (the band) would even consider them.

I'm not giving up on them and I don't blame the group..
Just my thoughts on this matter anyway. :wink:

sue4u2 said:
I can only imagin the senario when Fanfire was presented with this contract, Oh yeah, we can handle it, there won't be any problems, we know U2.. blah, blah,blah.
Contracts were signed by the suits, and yes there are suits in the U2 corp. All is going to go well..:rolleyes:

It almost never happens that way and it happens in all aspect of business. When the company I was downsized from introduced new laser printers or upgrades, the customers were livid. Why didn't you tell us about this new product, software or any glitches that would happen? Well we (the minions) didn't know, simple as that. Not
Maybe engineering/management knew, but hey we just took the training classes and tried to run troubleshooting from there.

Marketing and advertising is just there to promote not to handle the customer fallout.
This is what we have here, customer fallout from fans who have been "handled" and not very well, I might add - by a company that really couldn't handle the magnitude of a band like U2.

I truly think that is where the blame lies. :yes:

Were Bono, Edge, Larry, & Adam in on theses meetings concerning Fanfire? I doubt it. Even if they were they were sold the same bill of goods as the mgnt.

But you can bet they are in on the heads that will roll from this debacle. :yes:
I do not believe for one moment that the guy's will let this slide..

But on a level where they can make everyone happy, well that's just not going to happen either.
Ticketmaster, as bad as they are, seems to be one of the only companies that can handle a concert tour of this magnitude.
I could be wrong, I just don't know..
Otherwise I don't think U2 (the band) would even consider them.

I'm not giving up on them and I don't blame the group..
Just my thoughts on this matter anyway. :wink:

I've got this one,

I can't believe you people, your attitude is unbelievable. I have never seen such kiss ass attitude towards a rock band in all my life. Can they do no wrong in your eyes??? Have this band ever done anything wrong in your eyes. Talk about blind faith but the early posts in this thread are ridiculous. You guys are scary in your absolute belief in everything U2 does is holy.

MrBrau1 said:

I've got this one,

I can't believe you people, your attitude is unbelievable. I have never seen such kiss ass attitude towards a rock band in all my life. Can they do no wrong in your eyes??? Have this band ever done anything wrong in your eyes. Talk about blind faith but the early posts in this thread are ridiculous. You guys are scary in your absolute belief in everything U2 does is holy.

Damn you beat me too it!:wink:

rjhbonovox said:

I can't believe you people, your attitude is unbelievable. I have never seen such kiss ass attitude towards a rock band in all my life. Can they do no wrong in your eyes??? Have this band ever done anything wrong in your eyes.

No, they haven't :wink: What's it to you anyway what we think? Since you don't care one way or the other shut the f*** up.
:eyebrow:

The most entertaining *bitch out* thread I've ever read.

Really can we all step away from ticket sales and catch our breaths? U2.com members will get their tickets, maybe not what they wanted, but they will get their tickets.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
The most entertaining *bitch out* thread I've ever read.

Really can we all step away from ticket sales and catch our breaths? U2.com members will get their tickets, maybe not what they wanted, but they will get their tickets.

Yep it certainly is a refreshing pissing contest kinda thread this one!:wink:

MrBrau1 said:
I imagine they're not happy. But it's not as if Bono can wave his hand and fix the glitches. And I doubt they're sitting at a table looking over piles of cash, giggling and wringing their hands saying "Ha! we pulled a nice fast one on the people who buy ALL OUR RECORDS". They must realise this could destroy the bands core fanbase and credibility forever. What they do in the next few day will tell the rest of the story.

i remember hearing after Boston 2 in 2001 some lady carping on and on to Bono about the how the fans were dealt with unjustly and they were robbed and 'yadie yadie'
and Bono becoming agitated, spun around on his heels and told the carping woman to pipe dowm, put a sock in it and told her "compared to other bands U2 gives alot more back to their fans".:wink:

the lady was stunned into silence:wink:

Go Bono:up:

db9

Last edited:
rjhbonovox said:
And the pissing goes on.............

I'll gladly take it from you. Cause you'll be here tomorrow. Snot1 can F it. I have no life? I'm 73 years old you little snot1 shit! What kind of life should I have? Thing's you've had passing thoughts about doing, I've done, twice.

The problem is that U2's fan club DID handle the ticket sale pretty well PRIOR to this tour. So it can be done, they should have just stuck to the old Propaganda formula and done everything (including subscription sign up) through the mail. You get less of the casual fan and scalper that way, takes more effort.

Who is to blame? Everyone involved including U2. U2 hired these people to run their fan club. Ultimately the buck stops with U2 and their management. However, there is no way U2 intentionally did any of this. But they are ultimately responsible.

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:

I'll gladly take it from you. Cause you'll be here tomorrow. Snot1 can F it. I have no life? I'm 73 years old you little snot1 shit! What kind of life should I have? Thing's you've had passing thoughts about doing, I've done, twice.

wow you look incredibly young on your photo. Seriously though I don't like them kinda posts either. Seriously heheeh me being serious now that is a joke!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom