What did you want to be when you grew up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was mysticchild. :whistle:

I wanted to be an actress/producer/writer/director/rock star. All in one and run my own showbiz.
I also wanted to duet with Bono.

I always wanted to be an artist... to draw and paint like the best ones.... I like art since I was little and i've drawn all my life, I can't live without it.

I think I will make it :)... my dream changed a little cuz I decided to be a children illustrator and draw comics, But I can't see myself doing something that doesn't have to do with arts, so I'm really happy.

Last edited:
I was going to be Indiana Jones:rockon: I got the degree in Anthropology and Archaeology..........but now:|

Well I always wanted to either be in fashion design, interior design, or some kind of artist. I also wanted to help people as well.

For a few years I was a missionary and then worked for a non--profit company helping people to get their finances in order so they wouldn't have to declare bankruptcy. In between I went to college for a few years for art and interior design. Well I never graduated with a degree. I realized to do what I wanted I didn't need a degree.

So six years ago my health took a bad turn and was told to take a break from work for a bit. Six years later I've never gone back to my old job. I'm currently a full time artist. I have my own in home studio and I'm working on starting to teach and give lectures on fiber art. I love what I do, even though I may not be rich or famous, it gives me a ton of pleasure.

When I was really little, I wanted to marry "Speed Racer" and I really hated that :mad: Trixie.

I thought I wanted to be a vet, but then got into hunting with my dad and grandpa and well, the "inards" and all...

Went to college to be a History teacher, found out the pay sucked. Changed major the Anthropology. Got BS in Anthro, BS in History, minored in Archeaology. Got married. Got job......in retail :lol:

Well......it is like the study of man everyday......

greeneyedgirl said:

Went to college to be a History teacher, found out the pay sucked. Changed major the Anthropology. Got BS in Anthro, BS in History, minored in Archeaology. Got married. Got job......in retail :lol:

Well......it is like the study of man everyday......

that KILLS ME:lmao: only cause I did the same thing....

WOW LOOK AT ALL THOSE ANTHRO JOBS:shocked: I cannot decided which one to take there are so many....:madspit:

he he he...I am a Special Ed teacher now:| :wink:

I used want to play in the WNBA now I want to be a rock star or maybe something in the industrial arts or a part-time writer.:)

I took a test in a business class, and I'm supposed to be in something with Recognition and Artistic abilty.

I want to change the world, with something. Like every kid, I wanna be a rock star, or photographer.

But I'm thinking about going to FullSail and major in Show Production..behind the scenes of the rockstars :D

Kristie said:
I wanted to be a marine biologist, or a rock star.

Now I'm majoring in Anthropology and Film Studies... depending on which one I decide I like more, I want to go to grad school and either be an archaeologist or... something in film.

I haven't actually started the film studies major yet. :D

the rock star thing is still in the works.

mmm, old thread

I realized my response needed to be updated...
I dropped the film studies major after a semester 'cause they didn't offer the classes I wanted, plus it was kind of a "for fun" major. The classes I did take were pretty awesome, though.
I ended up minoring in sociology because I only needed one more class, graduated in June and I'm off to Yale to get a MA in Archaeological Sciences... 'cause I've been doing archaeology for the last year and I :heart: it.

Thus, I still want to be an archaeologist.

Or retired, because in all honesty I don't like work. I'd rather stay at home and garden and sew and volunteer at my local museum or historical society. I refuse to be a housewife though, unless I can be absolutely sure I can support myself if my husband dies or runs off with some floozy.

However, since work is required for most people, archaeologist.

verte76 said:
I wanted to be a nurse when I was growing up. Unfortunately I grew up and found out I basically don't have what it takes.

Ditto this post. When I was little, and I'd go over to my grandma's house, I'd go get this book she had of various ailments people get and ways to treat them and I'd read that thing for hours.

But then years of not so hot science grades, plus a kind comment from a teacher regarding my writing in 5th grade, totally changed my plans.

Angela

Archeologist. I ended up studying journalism. I have worked as a music journalist for about 4 years and since I've moved to Dublin I'm working as an editor for an internet company.

When I was a wee lass, I wanted to be an Avon Lady (shut up!). Even as a little girl, I was obsessed with make-up, beauty products, and perfume. A Sephora is opening near me and I'm so excited. Squeeee!!!!

Now I'm a 8-5 cube slave and yoga slut. I'm also an aspiring writer and editor with a great gig with Milwaukee Yoga Magazine

Well, as Junebug, I'm also still in the stage of not being grown up, but I'm answering anyways.

For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to be a rockstar, and at the age of 7, I discovered ska, and ever since then I've wanted to be in a ska band. I guess the ska part has been kinda crushed since the 90's are over and it's pretty much a forgotten genre now. Although I guess I am sorta on the path of rockstar, I play bass in a band called Not Suitable For Human Consumption. We even have a fanclub. Granted, We were the ones who started the fanclub, and there are only 4 members (3 of which, including myself, are members of the band). And as of yet we only have one song, and it sucks, which is okay considering that we're horrible musicians. BUT IT'S A START! (We kinda refuse to face the cold, hard reality that we're never gonna go anywhere)

As for a realistic job, I'm thinking something having to do with either machinery or computers (in other words, I'm better with machines than I am with people).

when i was younger, maybe 8 years old, i wanted to be a photographer or a music video director. i always thought it was neat how they made it and stuff. then a few years later i saw eric clapton on tv and he was AMAZING and i decided..

i wanted to be a rockstar :cool: but i saw vh1 and all that stuff about cocaine and sex and was grossed out and decided that my dream career will not be fulfilled. :(
but ya know, i'm only 16 yrs old, and have my whole life ahead of me so :shrug: it can happen :wink:

xtal said:
It was mysticchild. :whistle:

I wanted to be an actress/producer/writer/director/rock star. All in one and run my own showbiz.
I also wanted to duet with Bono.
Hey, I just read this. Are you saying that i started the thread???????:sad: :huh:

I wanted to be a scientist something shockin had a little microscope and all then I learned that it required brains and that idea went out the window. Luckily I discovered I could draw and hopefully that's what I'll stick to cause apart from that I'm hopeless at every thing else!!:|

-Nikki

Mysticchild, no offense!

They just asked who re-started this thread after a couple years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom