Weirdest place you've heard a U2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard The Ground Beneath Her Feet at Menards in Summer of 2009 (for those who don't know, Menards is a home center & lumber yard) - completely caught me off guard. I forgot what I was there for when it came on :lol:

Well went to a hole in the wall resteraunt yesterday for lunch(not a popular place)but heard Moment of Surrender over their loud speaker.Was only like 10 other people there.Kind of weird I guess.

Hearing Moment of Surrender in a CVS (large pharmacy chain) takes the cake for me, as i figure someone subscribes to XM or decision comes from a corporate HQ

I heard Magnificent at Bertucci's (an Italian restaurant) a few months ago. Wasn't really all that weird, but it was the first time I ever went there (and this caused me to come back numerous times in hopes of them playing more U2:lol:), and the fact that I heard it in the bathroom. :huh:

I was havin an MRI on my left knee and IWF came up on radio, had those headphones on, and next i hear is a nurse saying via speakers: try and keep still

I just answered that cant when this song is coming lol
:lol::doh:

I was havin an MRI on my left knee and IWF came up on radio, had those headphones on, and next i hear is a nurse saying via speakers: try and keep still

I just answered that cant when this song is coming lol
:lol::doh:

:lol:

On Tuesday in my gym class Beautiful Day was playing on the radio while we were doing archery. :shifty:

Once I was watching a TV program about weird and wonderful ads from around the world and I heard the opening of MoFo on a French advert for vibrating toilet seats.

Also, at my mums place of work in a distribution warehouse on her first day Elevation was played. All the workers (who all smoke pot) were screaming whooooo-hooo.

Sitting in my college library's study basement and they had lots of 'chill' music playing. There was lots of Beatles, some Pink Floyd, Jack Johnson, John Lennon...you know that kind of stuff. I was reading my Poli Sci book when suddenly I Will Follow come blasting on over the speakers.

I just had to stand up and rock out.

I heard Angel of Harlem at a grocery store today. I heard this older woman saying "Who's singing this? It sounds so cheerful!" and I just wanted to :hug: her so badly! :heart:

I was driving home from the movie theaters with some friends and we got on the subject of U2. I told them about how I could say the name of the song within the first 5-10 seconds of hearing it. We decided to pull into a Del Taco to grab some food real quick.

As we walked in, Angel of Harlem came on over the speakers. The minute I heard the first three chords, I shouted for all to hear, "THIS IS U2!!! ANGEL OF FUCKING HARLEM!"

High fives were had all around.

I heard Magnificent at Bertucci's (an Italian restaurant) a few months ago. Wasn't really all that weird, but it was the first time I ever went there (and this caused me to come back numerous times in hopes of them playing more U2:lol:), and the fact that I heard it in the bathroom. :huh:

Not all that weird... at my old work place a year ago, I heard Moment of Surrender playing on the bathroom speakers a few times myself!

I was driving home from the movie theaters with some friends and we got on the subject of U2. I told them about how I could say the name of the song within the first 5-10 seconds of hearing it. We decided to pull into a Del Taco to grab some food real quick.

As we walked in, Angel of Harlem came on over the speakers. The minute I heard the first three chords, I shouted for all to hear, "THIS IS U2!!! ANGEL OF FUCKING HARLEM!"

High fives were had all around.

Quite the coinky dink, huh? :up:

I heard the U2 version of "Neon Lights" playing at Pizza Hut a couple weeks ago.

Weird.

I have quite a story: I am standing outside a public parking garage in the club and bar district anyway walking out of the elevator there's a tv screen where you pay your ticket thetv screen is playing the Vertigo Chicago DVD in full!!! I walked out of the elevator as SYCMIOYO was playing and now its playing SBS I'm completely floored!!!

Mike Graham plays a lot of snippets of U2 songs in between the ad break during the phone in on Talksport radio station. It's pretty right wing, so when you here the first minute of One between a caller who wants to send all unemployed people to workhouses and another who wants to introduce Eugenics so the underclass don't produce anymore children, it's quite bizzare.

I heard the U2 version of "Neon Lights" playing at Pizza Hut a couple weeks ago.

Weird.

:ohmy: that is quite odd...yet interesting. I love that song.

Edit: BTW, here's another interesting story. I have this thing where U2 music seems to follow me around everywhere. For example, I was out with my boyfriends mom one day to go shopping and we went to four different places. The first place I heard "The Sweetest Thing". Second place, "Electrical Storm", Third place "Pride" and then at dinner we heard ISHFWILF. I mean, it was friggin weird!

So then I went back home to Ohio that year and my brother and I were at a music shop and we heard ISHFWILF and he looks at me and says, "There's your Dublin Boys." And I told him, "Yeah. They stalk me. It's kind of scary when you're not stalking the band but the band is stalking you. It's normal, actually." And he just laughed and said, "Ok, sis, whatever." We left the shop, went to a gas station, got back in the car and he turns on his car and then wham! Sunday Bloody Sunday! My brother looks at me all wide eyed and was like, "WTF?"

I just smiled.

And then another time this girl was taking me home from work and I was in a really crappy mood, had a bad day. I get in her car and here ISHFWILF (that song loves me...) and I brightened up and said to her, "They always know when I need them." and she just kinda laughed. The song came to an end and she switches the radio station and then WOWY comes on and she's like, "That was fucking weird."

Yea...I've had some odd experiences. LOL! Sorry for the ramble. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I heard The Ground Beneath Her Feet at Menards in Summer of 2009 (for those who don't know, Menards is a home center & lumber yard) - completely caught me off guard. I forgot what I was there for when it came on :lol:
Wait, seriously? Way to go, Menards. :up:

I was walking down the street in Maui (oh, summer, I miss you) with my friends, definitely not expecting this to happen, and Streets came blaring from a restaurant. I couldn't really believe my ears.

Not really weird, but amusing and unexpected!

We've got a big beamer hanging on the wall at school, and when we were having a break, the videoclip from The Saints Are Coming started and I went nuts together with my friend who's also a big U2-fan. That was really great. And since no other friends of mine are interested in the music I listen to, they just sat down and said: "Hey Jorinde, that is BONO! And THE EDGE! And.. Ehhh..." Very funny.:wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom