Week 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Just to echo what rollingbob said in the week 11 thread, NLOTH is at #26 in todays midweeks with new entries, so imo not bad at all so far.

I wonder if it'll rise, the new entries will likely start to fall while NLOTH is most likely having consistent sales

from the mids

Albums

1 Eminem 63.9k
2 Green Day 23.7k

u2 has sold 79k in 1 day....where is the flop?

Considering the amount of TV ad's i have seen for Green day, those numbers are shocking.

Considering the amount of TV ad's i have seen for Green day, those numbers are shocking.

19,000 prereleased
61,000 in first two days
23,700 in days three and four

Those are terrible numbers, the albums is losing sales fast by the looks of it. Or maybe it's getting 11,500 consistently and just got a lot of preorders?

i can see greenday and eminem falling quickly. i think greendays sucess last time was purely due to the hit singles, while eminem seems to be coming more of a singles artist these days - but i guess that shows hes popular with the teeny brigade

i can see greenday and eminem falling quickly. i think greendays sucess last time was purely due to the hit singles, while eminem seems to be coming more of a singles artist these days - but i guess that shows hes popular with the teeny brigade

I think Green Day will bomb, Eminem...we don't know the album hasn't even been released yet, it could be huge

then again, how much would have American idiot sold on the strength of its first single, 3-4m maybe. when the second single caught on, thats when sales took off for AI. they could do it again (although 2nd singles out performing the first are rare)

then again, how much would have American idiot sold on the strength of its first single, 3-4m maybe. when the second single caught on, thats when sales took off for AI. they could do it again (although 2nd singles out performing the first are rare)

I completely agree. Boulevard of broken dreams was the main responsible for the incredible success of American Idiot so I wouldn´t dismiss the new Green day album yet. Actually, I don´t like Green Day so I have not listened to the new album so I really don´t know if there is anything in it similar to Boulevard of broken dreams.

Album remains at 26 today

Eminem sold another 20,000 copies yesterday while Green Day managed 8,000

this is day 2 for eminem? if so then that really isnt great. if he averages 20k for rest of week i guess he will end up with similar first week sales to NLOTH.

From the global album chart...

1) 21st Century Breakdown - 417,000
10) No Line On The Horizon - 55,000 (-13%)

So U2's media traffic total is now 2,770,000

US projections for Eminem is 600-650k.

By the look of things Eminem will sell about the same as U2 in the UK and some 150,000 more in the US.

Not too shabby for our boys considering Eminem is (was?) the biggest hip-hop artist of the decade.
As others have already stated, U2 are still HUGE.

Poland:

Week 12

NLOTH:
1-1-1-1-2-3-3-5-5-6-8 - 10

...and just to compare...
HTDAAB:
1-1-3-5-6-4-8-11-8-12-18-15........

Sold about 5k in the UK, bringing the exact total to 301,940.

So it's still the 7th best seller of the year so far & sales are about 20k above what Pop was on at this point in '97, despite the fact Pop had had a better run & nearly the same opening week (152k).

Hits now updating. 36% in and sadly no sign of U2 in the top 50 yet. Number 50 had 2,909 units sold, just slightly more than No Line at that stage last week, so hopefully with their traditional late run No Line will be in top 50 by the end.

Eminem had 196,000 units sold at 36% in, with Green Day down to 48,000 I think.

Hits Final now in: U2 makes it in to the Top 50 at number 49 with 9,555 units sold, which is only down 6% on last week, so not too bad.

Eminem sold 601,863 units and obviously is at number 1.
Green Day is at number 2 with 163,336 units and a fall of 26% from last week.

Well, now that two big albums by Green Day and Eminem have had their debut weeks in the USA, Green Day's new one is in its 2nd week. So how do things stack up with the opening weeks in the USA with U2's No Line On The Horizon.

Relapse: 602,000
No Line On The Horizon: 484,000
21st century Breakdown: 377,000(2 weeks combined)

Despite being the biggest selling album artist of the 00s and having some of the largest opening debut weeks north of 1 million in the USA, Eminem's Relapse comes in with 602,000, just 118,000 more or 24% more than U2's No Line On The Horizon. Mediatraffic numbers for the world come out Thursday night and it will be interesting to see if Relapse was able to match No Line On The Horizon's opening week sales worldwide.

It should be interesting to see Gibson, Dopper, Moggio, and others explain Relapse as a success but, No Line On The Horizon as a failure in light of these sales figures.:wink:

Hopefully by now more people will begin to see just how successful selling 484,000 copies in the USA is in 2009, in an album's opening week on the chart.

By the way, Eminem's last album Encore sold 710,000 copies in its first 3 days. It was a Friday release. Its first full week on chart, week 2, saw Encore sell 978,000 copies. So, the first 10 days of release saw Eminem sell 1,688,000 copies. Relapse sales for its first 10 days will be less than half that number.

It should be interesting to see Gibson, Dopper, Moggio, and others explain Relapse as a success but, No Line On The Horizon as a failure in light of these sales figures.:wink:

I don't give a shit about Eminem but I do know he'll surpass U2 sales by his third week at the latest. That said, I really don't care anymore.

Back
Top Bottom