Watch a short video of Bono describing new material

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If this is a really rough version of all because of you, I can see why they would want to spend a lot of time improving upon very exciting ideas.

If you don't like the snippet, remember, you can't judge a song by 5 seconds.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'm almost certain that is Bono signing. Very distintive voice, he has. From what little there is, I think it sounds pretty cool! Sort-of an updated Achtung Baby sound is the closest I can come to describing it.

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS SO COOL!!!

at first i thought it was kind of lame

but after listening to the song about 20 times in the past 5 minutes its sounds so cool! Edge rocks, Bono can still wail, man its so gooD!!!

cant wait for the new tour, when they play that song, and i'll be like, yeah, i heard that song before it came out. years before it came out. man, i'm so cool

Could end up being cool. It does sound very old school though, not exactly what I'd describe as "nothing like anything we've done before".......:shrug:

Ok, after listening to it about 20 times, I really do think it could be a cool song. It's funny, but this has raised my interest for the album and band up in a MAJOR way!!!! I'm majorly excited out of nowhere. :up:

RockNRollDawgie said:
the finished version is going to ROCK!!!
:) :) :) :) :)
Sounds like a cross between ATCLYB and their early stuff!

YES, EXACTLY! I was thinking it was pretty crap, but now after listening to it over and over, I NEED MORE. It's just ... eeeeee! So excited!

after hearing it about 21 times, I'd have to agree with mikal in that it is very 1978 U2 which would correlate with bono's description of going back to their rock and roll\punk routes. It sounds very much like The Fool from 1978. Edge's guitar has that very same sound from the main riff from the fool. Looks like its classic, raw U2 again! Anyone else agree?

:hmm:
I definitely think that is Bono, and it does sound like the very earliest albums (which I'm not into)...I dunno. It's only a bit of one song so we can't really know what the rest of the album sounds like.

It looks like the rumors about a very organic, very direct album are true. I remember Bono saying this album is like "our first one, more so than the last one".

Last edited:
i just like when bono says to the guy.....(Whats that )hahahaha.

the sound is old school.... it does not sound anything like AB.

it sounds like a joyous song(all happy and stuff)
i wanted a pissed off u2 aka AB. sounds like edge is keeping it simple again(just strumming) but im happy to hear bono, he sounds like war, uf, boy erra which is a good sign . so where is the pissed off edge hahaha. lets wait for a good audio clip.

apparently there is going to be a 2 and a half minute clip of them playing 'All because of You' released within the next day or so! Does anyone have any information about this??

It sounds great. Just like 1978 U2, but I now get that article from 2002 when the reporter asked Bono about "All Because of You".
Bono howled: "It's the Who!!!".
Sounds to me like a hybrid between The Fool and Won't Get Fooled Again by the Who, which is very, very good. I always wanted to hear that sound from U2 where there are just four guys in a room, playing outloud. And this sounds just like that. I just need MORE EDGE!!! Bono's voice is great.
I just don't get these descriptions over the Net that it is reminiscent to Beautiful Day. I don't get it. BD is a pop-rock radio-friendly song. All Because of You has the potential to be a great old school punk-rock song.
Oh, nobody posted the lyrics:
All because of you...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL BECAUSE OF YOUUUUUUUUUU....

I agree that no one can wail like bono - Edge sounds amazing of course
I thought that i would be content with a little leak but I'll admit that I am a u2 junkie - give me a little and I'm bound to be wanting more. that song is going to be amazing on tour....
Chrissi - going back to bed with excellent new u2 dreams....

Well, we've been waiting for 4 years for the album. So, any kind of leak is very, very precious. Just see it from this perspective - this is the first material we have heard from the new album. And that says a lot.

omg whoever hasnt listened to the 53 second clip must get it NOW at www.u2place.com FUCKIN AWSOME!!
This is raw U2, brilliant stuff! And this isn't going to be the single, so whatever else they have recorded is going to be better than this! SOO EXCITED!!!

ok here is my translation of the lyrics, a bit rough so far. If anyone else can make some more sense out of it please do!

'I was born, a child of grace
Built this town in my own space
Everything was lovely such a beautiful place
You left me no illusion
Stole your hand across the world
Shadow cast across my room
You ailing is my cue
The light in the confusion
All because of you
ALLLLL because of you
All because of you
I am ALIVE, mmm I know you care' (thanks rose!)

Im pretty sure most of that is right but please make suggestions.

Last edited:
AussieU2fanman said:
All because of you
ALLLLL because of you
All because of you
ahh yeah, ALIVE, mmm I know you care'

Im pretty sure most of that is right but please make suggestions.

I think after the 3rd All because of you it's

I AM (instead of Ahh Yeah).

I need a better quality recording to judge.

Queen Bee said:
U2place has 53 seconds of All Because Of You in Real Player format.

http://www.u2place.com/All_because_of_you_03.rm

*DIES*

It's rock and roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few seconds ago:
Me: Honey, listen to this! Can you tell they've been listening to the Who?
The Man: Sounds more like the Kinks than the Who.

OMG!! I only hope the rest of the album sounds like that and is that good!!!!!!!

*dies again*

Back
Top Bottom