Wake Up Dead Man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2isthebest

ONE love, blood, life
I don't even have to mention how much I love this song....one of my favs. Has anyone ever noticed that the male background voice (I'm assuming Edge?) almost sounds like it's speaking in tounges. It's hard to hear, I didn't even pick it up until I had my headphones in. I don't know, but it seemed like it to me. I notice it more each time. It only works if I have my headphones (earphones? LOL in) Thanks, and God Bless!

Currently Listening: "Numb":drool:/U2

Last edited:
U2isthebest said:
I don't even have to mention how much I love this song....one of my favs. Has anyone ever noticed that the male background voice (I'm assuming Edge?) almost sounds like it's speaking in tounges. It's hard to hear, I didn't even pick it up until I had my headphones in. I don't know, but it seemed like it to me. I notice it more each time. It only works if I have my headphones (earphones? LOL in) Thanks, and God Bless!

Currently Listening: "Numb":drool:/U2

:huh: What MALE background voice? Do you have a minute count or something that we can reference.

You do know there is a reverse "Van Diemen's Land" sample in the song...maybe that's the "tongues" you speak of.

Re: Re: Wake Up Dead Man

BonoVoxSupastar said:

:huh: What MALE background voice? Do you have a minute count or something that we can reference.

You do know there is a reverse "Van Diemen's Land" sample in the song...maybe that's the "tongues" you speak of.

I'm talking about the male voice that's very soft speaking under Bono throughout the whole song. I always heard it, but I couldn't tell it was saying anything at all until I listened to it closer, with my headphones.

u2isthebest,
I like you. You have such a joy and love for the Lord, and it's great to see that. Keep the faith, B!
Mike

I love this song as well, obviously not one of their more subtle religious songs, but awesome nonetheless. Better live though than on Pop.

I also really love this song! It's amazing, especially in the live version from the ElevationTour.

POP is such an underestimated album. Listen to 'Please', 'Gone' and 'Staring at the Sun' or 'If you Wear That Velvet Dress'
Those songs are awesome, and imo this album belongs to their best! Especially on the lyrics, there is after Achtung Baby no album that can top POP imo.
And what I still really don't understand is that the band themselves don't appreciate one of their best albums! No single song from POP on U218? I really don't understand...
Well, rock the vote....the results will speak for themselves

Back
Top Bottom