Vote for U2 in Australia's Countdown that stops the nation:-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
Its on again- the Hottest 100 countdown run by the greatest radio station ever- Triple J.......now all of you Aussies out there should know what the hottest 100 hundred is all about, but for all of you out there in other lands, the hottest 100 is a countdown of songs released in the year and counted down on Australia day (Jan 26) and the votes are from the listeners of JJJ- which is a very good radio station- it is commerical free and plays new music and is very alternative, and may I all remind you that last year U2 came in at number 2 with 'Beautiful Day'- so lets all see if we can get Elevation into the number one spot this year------the link is down below, oh and you can vote as many times as you want for different songs, but only once for individual songs and there is a cool trip to Jamaica up for grabs
smile.gif
http://www.triplej.net.au/hottest100/default.htm

Ok done...

That's Elevation for Numero Uno and Walk On for the second choice.

This is apparently the world's largest competition of its kind for a radio station. The band got number 2 last year and another top ten result this year would show the band how popular they are right now and that a tour down to Oz would be well recieved.

Lets keep those votes a comin'!

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Good words there Bono_Man, surely if the guys got into the top 5 again for the second year running that would maybe say to them- 'Hey I think we better go tour there'- lets hope it works and I think that Elevation would make a fine number one and with no great Powderfinger songs in the race then it is all primed for U2!! btw, Bono_Man are you surviving this killer heat down there in Vegas??????
smile.gif

fuck no...i am dying here. thank god for an air conditioned work place
smile.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Originally posted by OzAurora:
Its on again- the Hottest 100 countdown run by the greatest radio station ever- Triple J.......now all of you Aussies out there should know what the hottest 100 hundred is all about, but for all of you out there in other lands, the hottest 100 is a countdown of songs released in the year and counted down on Australia day (Jan 26) and the votes are from the listeners of JJJ- which is a very good radio station- it is commerical free and plays new music and is very alternative, and may I all remind you that last year U2 came in at number 2 with 'Beautiful Day'- so lets all see if we can get Elevation into the number one spot this year------the link is down below, oh and you can vote as many times as you want for different songs, but only once for individual songs and there is a cool trip to Jamaica up for grabs
smile.gif
http://www.triplej.net.au/hottest100/default.htm

Now there's something to vote for. U2 must surely be in with a chance this year. And this being the world's biggest music poll, that would make them the biggest band in the world, right?

im bitter...a friend of mine loved it but others hated it...oh and the video wont look great at number 1
biggrin.gif

*doing his hottest 100 research...

want me to do a list of all U2's appearences?

none

none

98. U2 - Bad

13. With or Without You - U2
42. Mysterious Ways - U2
44. Pride - U2
79. The Fly - U2

7. Lemon - U2
31. Numb - U2

none

57. U2 - "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me"

none

none

11. U2 - The Sweetest Thing

none

2. U2 - Beautiful Day
94. U2 - The Ground Beneath Her Feet

Of all the U2 songs released this year Elevation is the one to do it I think and I really do think it has the potential to make it into the top ten, I must say that I was very suprised to hear Beautiful Day in at number two last year, or should it be this year!!!! anyway I have no idea what will be number one, as history would show it, generally number one are songs that are released int he latter part of the year- JJJ listeners must have such short memories, anyway I am just hoping that 'Purple Hills' dosnt make it anywhere near the number one spot, anyway so far apart from U2 I have also voted for......

Orbital- Doctor, Illuminate and Funny Break
TISM- If your not famous at 14
Bent- Always
smile.gif

yeah I think Alex Lloyd will be up there with Muse and The Avalanches.

Although we might be surprised and some crap like Crazytown get right up there.Didnt Teenage Dirtbag do really well last year?

Good stuff Brettig, but I am sure that your are missing some past votes, I have studied those past Hottest 100 polls and I am sure that U2 have done better, well I think that a few years back they did a hottest 100 of all time and they had 'One' in the top ten, anyway I would love to know the stats on other bands that have done as good as them and as consistently- I dont think that there would be many
smile.gif

Shame the original Elevation (ie. off the album) isn't in the running. One wonders if the monstrous blockbuster-movie-tie-in of the remix doesn't turn some people off. Because it really is a hell of a good song.

Alex Lloyd's 'Downtown' (played on-air maybe three times) is one of the best (if not the best) Australian songs I've heard all year.

Did we have to bring Alex frigging Lloyd into this???
biggrin.gif

kidding.

I am the only person in this country to hate him.

I must be.

*leaves to vote dutifully.

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Did we have to bring Alex frigging Lloyd into this???
biggrin.gif

kidding.

I am the only person in this country to hate him.

I must be.

*leaves to vote dutifully.

I will say this: I'm pretty unimpressed with most of Alex Lloyd's newest songs, especially that oh-so-bland 'Amazing'. But 'Downtown' is just so melodic, in the best possible way. Of course it's probably not even open for voting.

oh no angie did i stumble upon a debate about alex lloyd ?????
smile.gif

i think up till 1993 the tripple j votes were for all time, then they went to just annual. Given they have seven albums, that would equate.

I would be surprised if elevation gets near the top 20, but im votin for it anyway.

Hello Aurora, no prizes for guessing who'll I'll be voting for. Speaking of prizes..JAMAICA??!! It is usually a trip that coincides with a music festival. That would be very nice indeed.
I taped some of last year's hottest 100 to send to my niece in the USA,a slice of home. When U2 came in at second the DJ said "...so close Bono, Larry, Edge...the other guy"

Double JJ

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 12-29-2001).]

mad.gif
@ alex lloyd.

very kind description there KMc with 'oh-so-bland. pig rooted is what I would call it.

And please leave me alone zoomie, im off to implode.

mad.gif

mad.gif
@ alex lloyd.

very kind description there KMc with 'oh-so-bland. pig rooted is what I would call it.

And please leave me alone zoomie, im off to implode.

mad.gif

Well, bland it is. Though I quite like Alex Lloyd in general, I actually cannot believe JJJ play that piece of trash.

"Cause you were amazing and we did amazing things,
And I wouldn't change it, cause we were amazing things."

Absolutely brilliant. Is all his stuff as amazing as this? Or does he actually make stuff that has ya know, a beat, or variety in any form will do: music, lyrics, composition?
wink.gif

I could rave on all night abut how bad I reckon this song is!

"Cause you were amazing and we did amazing things,
And I wouldn't change it, cause we were amazing things."

Absolutely brilliant. Is all his stuff as amazing as this? Or does he actually make stuff that has ya know, a beat, or variety in any form will do: music, lyrics, composition?
wink.gif

I could rave on all night abut how bad I reckon this song is!

No, no, NO. I must defend Alex here. Go back and have a listen to his album 'Black the Sun' from a couple of years ago to see what all the fuss was about. Specifically tracks like 'Lucky Star', 'Aliens', and 'Gender'.

Triple JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 12-29-2001).]

Originally posted by Kieran McConville:
No, no, NO. I must defend Alex here. Go back and have a listen to his album 'Black the Sun' from a couple of years ago to see what all the fuss was about.
unles you were already going for that mutilated body look you probably better not defend Alex Lloyd to Angela Harlem

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
Originally posted by Kieran McConville:
No, no, NO. I must defend Alex here. Go back and have a listen to his album 'Black the Sun' from a couple of years ago to see what all the fuss was about.
unles you were already going for that mutilated body look you probably better not defend Alex Lloyd to Angela Harlem

Oh, not just to her. To anyone who will listen. Bugger his anorak, I didn't even notice it.

Back
Top Bottom