Video of Point Depot 1989 shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They sometimes include bits and pieces of the 12/31 shows in various documentaries ... like, I know they showed clips of the "Dream It All Up Again" speech and "When Love Comes to Town" on the Best of DVD's "One" documentary. (Phew, that's a mouthful).

So... most likely, video of the entire concert exists. It's just a question of when U2 and Co. decide to release it. :( I think there were rumors a while back of the show being included as an "extra" to the Zoo TV Sydney/Red Rocks DVD package, but that obviously hasn't happened.

Unfortunately, I think I accidentally deleted the source image of my icon. :sad: However, I did find a pretty close alternative, obviously from the same shoot.

macphisto1.jpg

Clark W. Griswold said:
I'm pretty sure the "dream it up again" line is from the night before, on 12/30. But yeah, i'm sure it's out there somewhere.

It is from the 12-30 show and the footage they typically show when they play that audio is not the 12-30 show. Its some video clips from the Lovetown tour with that played over it. You dont see Bono saying this into the microphone.

There is a person in Australia who has the complete lovetown show from Sydney 1989, but wants something like $4000 for the video tape..Crazy stuff!!

Clark W. Griswold said:
I'm pretty sure the "dream it up again" line is from the night before, on 12/30. But yeah, i'm sure it's out there somewhere.

Oh, that's right... My mistake. I feel especially dumb because I had just listened to the 12/30 bootleg the night before I posted my comment. Ack! LOL.

kennerado said:

I think I will have to break into this guys house.

Seriously. That's all ya gotta do. Make a dozen copies, distribute them, have everyone else make a dozen copies each. That's what you get for wanting $4000. :macdevil:

psssssst!! kennerado!! if you do it, send me a copy, okay? :shifty:
:wink:

What really pisses me off, this guy wants to make money out of this show. It's not about making the fans happy, it's all about the $$$ for him

There's a DVD called "Angels in Devils shoes", with some songs and snippets from the LoveTown period on it. It's a TV rockumantary. Nice to watch.

Actually, i have a VHS from a the Dutch show... looks like i have to convert it towards DVD...

oscar08 said:
What really pisses me off, this guy wants to make money out of this show. It's not about making the fans happy, it's all about the $$$ for him

sure, coz he knows how<much people love U2.
Personally, even if I love U2 and I think I am a fan, I won't pay such a sum for a tape...

And I am pretty sure that U2 won't be that happy knowing that a fan has burn such a sum for a tape while he/she could have do so much more with them (not least make a donation to DATA)

Well, hopefully somebody buys it, turns around & sells 4 copies for $1000 each, they each sell 10 copies for $100, and somebody just decides to trade it out...I think we've seen a proshot or 2 get out that way, no?

Back
Top Bottom