Vertigo Video now on heavy rotation on VH1!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will say this: Upon listening to the song over the past few weeks I had bigger, more imagiative visuals than this video. It was boring and, not suprisingly, unimpressive. The song itself has some of the most vivid, mystical rock lyrics of anything they've done in the past few years, but the video looked like a half-hearted effort, and therefore diminished the song's quality.

Like I said, I wasn't surprised. U2 can translate well to the performance video, but only when it's spliced with a story. Their best videos have been a mixture of the two, and this video is yet another bland affair. Too bad. I hope other people like it, but I'm indifferent.

First of all - I still haven't seen the video (except for a fuzzy version on my computer from AOL's site earlier this week) - second, I rushed home this afternoon expecting to see a Making of the Video special on VH-1, per info in another thread this week, only to find something atrocious called "MotorMouth" - third and finally, I forced myself to sit through TRL :sick: :yuck: for the 30 free minutes I had this afternoon from 5 to 5:30.
Was I rewarded with Vertigo???? NO - instead I was subjected to Brittany's lame remake of Bobby Brown's temper tantrum hit "My Perogative", Blink 182's latest "we-want-to-be-mental-12-year-olds-for-the-rest-of-our-lives" effort, and a studio full of 17-year old males ogling Gisele Bundchen. Not a happy day for me, to say the least.... :madspit:

Didn't someone say they were still tweaking the video as of a few days ago? Maybe the Spanish background didn't turn out well for some reason and that's why they added all the effects.....

Off to watch the Making Of! :hyper:

Just saw it this morning for the first time. I love it. I never thought U2 could top anything they've already done in the past but this new album may be the best we've ever heard yet. Vertigo Rocks. BTW, the full length video is on vh1.com and you can veiw it all you want. That's how I just caught it.

VH1 played the ipod commercial then the video - a bit disorienting to adjust to total world domination - but I happen to like it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom