Vertigo Video now on heavy rotation on VH1!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salim117

The Fly
As of 5 AM this morning I've see the new Vertigo video 4 times on VH1. It's being played every our and is being introduced as a VH1 exclusive. The video is awesome though there's a little too much CGI effects for my taste. What's the point of going to a special location in spain if you're gonna add so much effects and distortion that you could have just blue screened the whole thing?

Salim

Re: Re: Vertigo Video now on heavy rotation on VH1!

martha said:

Maybe it's more fun to go to Spain than a blue screen studio! :wink:

Good point! Guess that's part of the fun of being a rock star.

salim117 said:
As of 5 AM this morning I've see the new Vertigo video 4 times on VH1. It's being played every our and is being introduced as a VH1 exclusive. The video is awesome though there's a little too much CGI effects for my taste. What's the point of going to a special location in spain if you're gonna add so much effects and distortion that you could have just blue screened the whole thing?

Salim

Your the first person i've found who agrees with me on the video - way too much CGI. I mean, it could be some warehouse in London for all I know.

Last edited:
I don't mind it, and I hate CGI FX video's with a passion. But, I think it works as it's pretty simple in it's nature unlike the heavy FX'd Elevation video which is horrible.

One of their better video's IMHO. You'll never top the Pop video's, I loved them especially IGWSHA, now that's a music video!

But overall, I enjoyed it, not as bad or heavily FX'd as I thought it was gonna be.

I caught it this morning before I went to work. I didn't think it would be on because I thought it was going to officially premiere on TRL this afternoon, but I decided to tune into VH1 just in case - and it came on about two minutes after I tuned in!

I just kept thinking to myself over and over, "What a cool video!" And I'm so glad TRL didn't show it first after all - that would make it seem tainted to me. :wink:

Its okay...not the best they've ever done but not the worst either. Maybe I've just heard Vertigo too much in past few weeks and I'm approaching song burnout :shrug:

I love the video. The CGI is great. I don't know why they made such a big deal about the Spain shoot though. U2.com has clips up.

In my eyes, U2 can usually do no wrong, but i must admit that the video is extremely disappointing. . . i agree with everyone that it provides the same result as a green screened video would have. I mean, they didn't even have fans to blow their hair back with the dark trails. I think the apple iPod video is a thousand times better. . .

Bono's American Wife said:
Its okay...not the best they've ever done but not the worst either. Maybe I've just heard Vertigo too much in past few weeks and I'm approaching song burnout :shrug:

You are absolutely correct, I think the prize goes to "A Celebration"

shake....shake!

Heavy rotation! I just saw it twice in 10 minutes! Once on Fuse and once on VH1 Classics and I just got home from work. I figured with as little as I watch music television, it would be a few days before I saw it.

Wow!

Like I said before, I can't understand why U2 would go through two days of miserable weather to shoot what would end up being a synthetic video. After all the hoopla, I was expexcting a great video in the middle of a beautiful desert with great helicopter shots zooming round the band, great panoramic shots etc...
I do think the younger kiddies will really like the video cause it is a pretty cool video if you enjoy cgi up the ying-yang!:crazy: :yikes:

I like it, but wouldn't it have been better with the "Even Better Than the Real Thing" effects? I'm still watching VH1.:wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom