Vertigo Live DVD Cover Revealed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rachel D.

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
19c92740.jpg

(From atu2.com)

It seems too politically slanted. If I didn't know anything about U2, I'd probably not buy it because I would think it was weird. And I usually ask for U2 DVDs for Christmas, but it's gonna be a little awkward this year explaining to my parents why I want a DVD with Bono blindfolded on the cover. (I'm really not looking forward to that!)

Don't get me wrong; I still want it alot, but it's gonna be kinda embarrassing.

Oh, by the way, this is the first time I've ever posted a picture. Hooray! :)

I think the theme for tour imagery since Zoo TV has been Pile As Much Random Noise and Shit Together As Possible, the theme since PopMart has been Show Bono In A Very Weird and Confident Pose, and the theme since Elevation has been Never Align Text With the X-Axis. This design is basically the culmination of thirteen years of exhaustive research.

Last edited:
typhoon said:
I think the theme for tour imagery since Zoo TV has been Pile As Much Random Noise and Shit Together As Possible, the theme since PopMart has been Show Bono Looking Weird, and the theme since Elevation has been Never Align Text With the X-Axis. This design is basically the culmination of thirteen years of exhaustive research.

:wink:

very observant!

I like it. Interesting to not the COEXIST logo is used so they must have gotten permission to use the logo in the DVD. There was some talk it might not be in it.

On the other hand maybe they don't have permission and they'll get sued resulting in that cover being discontinued and very rare.:wink:

Very reminiscent of the Elevation Boston cover.

It could be worse, I don't have a big problem with it, but I'd like to think they would try and differentiate between the two tours as much as possible. This color scheme is almost the same.

It's ok, I like the no-bullshit political angle, it's what the Vertigo tour is all about. What's the point of making a bleak feelgood-cover anyway. But I'd love to hear the creative idea behind it though, besides the obvious link to the rest of HTDAAB related artwork theme. Seems like they ran out of film or something after the cd cover shooting. :wink:

well since the arena show is pretty much elevation pt 2, then the cover makes sense :up:

What is this ? A western movie cover? Not the very best i was expecting.......................hope for a much better cover on the Milan Dvd
Then, why only Bono on cover, The whole band while PLAYING should be on cover

Re: Re: Vertigo Live DVD Cover Revealed

Popmartijn said:
Is the cover really that similar to the Elevation one?

19c92740.jpg

6492-large.jpg

I do think a bit more thought could've gone into it. Bono kneeling is a cool idea, but perhaps a white shadow of him on a black background (UABRS style) would've looked better, with the writing at the top or bottom...:shrug:

Either way, i'll be buying it the day it comes out!:rockon:

Only the colours are similar, the show also has plenty of differences for those who want to see them.

Back
Top Bottom