US Politics XXXVIII: "Patriots" vs Reality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sorry, Kevin

giphy.gif

the former president and current republican front runner is currently under gag order in a civil case that if he loses will pretty much shut down his businesses.

the republican led house is in complete disarray, with the speaker's seat about to be vacated because he had the audacity to compromise to keep the government running.

meanwhile...

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1709206670696489118

I don't know whether to be happy or sad about this. I'm happy because fuck you McCarthy for selling yourself out to MAGA and now you know how the MAGA betrayal feels. The other part of me is upset for him because Christ, what a shit show and I hate that Gaetz won here.

Well well Democrats voted to oust him. I say it's the devil you know vs the devil you don't, the next one will be even worse.

The people who "represent" us are the biggest excrement show that ever existed, other than the Trump presidency of course

This country is a joke. Creepface gets McCarthy ousted because he dared to work with Democrats to prevent a shutdown. I'm certainly no fan of McCarthy, but that's absolutely ridiculous.

Gaetz wants to be speaker and I bet he will be.

I don't know whether to be happy or sad about this. I'm happy because fuck you McCarthy for selling yourself out to MAGA and now you know how the MAGA betrayal feels. The other part of me is upset for him because Christ, what a shit show and I hate that Gaetz won here.
He single handedly rehabilitated Trump after January 6. Fuck him

Not to give Matt Gaetz more than 1 kB of credit, but good on him for using a common agreement to make change. McCarthy was a liar exactly as he’d said. At some point in time McCarthy has boldface lied to everyone.

In reality 10 or so GOP Assholes impeached their own party.

But rest assured McCarthy is just as bad as any of those people he’s less creepy in a suit.

Last edited:
Of course the next person will be worse, can anyone name one person who would actually be better?

Keeping in mind that it has to be someone who can reasonably be elected speaker. And we know who controls the Republicans in the House these days.

Of course the next person will be worse, can anyone name one person who would actually be better?

Keeping in mind that it has to be someone who can reasonably be elected speaker. And we know who controls the Republicans in the House these days.

It can be anyone. So I pick Aaron Rodgers.

Tell it like it is! Call those balls and strikes! Give us eyes through which to see!

Last edited:
I would sincerely hope you're not a banned member using a different name... but it certainly does feel that way, doesn't it?

What did Nick66 get banned for?

That whole saga during the Achtung Baby remaster / rerelease was pretty epic. Guy got so much hate for speculating it wasn’t going to be a remaster and then even more hate when confirmed he was right.

Gaetz decides to oust Kevin because he folded on the government funding by working with Dems

As Gaetz works with Dems to kick Kevin out.

This was all for Matt to get attention, fundraise, and elevate his name for governor of FL

GQP really know how to govern. But this is the fruit that’s produced from decades of anti government rhetoric and inaction. Going back to Newt and really started to take hold with the Tea Party.

Moving on is a good idea as we don’t really need an Honest Broker anymore. We have this Twitter account:

IMG_6263.JPG

Back
Top Bottom