US Politics XXXVIII: "Patriots" vs Reality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CNN

Video on social media earlier Thursday appeared to show a group of men clashing violently with officers in Dublin and setting a police car on fire. A man could also be seen in the footage holding a sign reading, “Irish Lives Matter.” Some protesters can be heard on video chanting anti-immigrant slogans, including: “Get them out.”

The suspect was a naturalized citizen of over 20 years. Wasn’t like some dude who got off a raft.

And the person who stopped the attacker was an immigrant from Brazil.

It doesn’t help matters that the worlds richest man is basically a 4chan troll flaming the fires around the world

The Trump et al disease is spreading all over the world. Fear mongering, bigotry, demonization of all others who are not like you in any possible way that is real or fictitious.

I guess the younger generations in Ireland have forgotten what happened to their ancestors when they came to the US- no Irish need apply. Forgotten or never learned it or just don't care.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Hunter Biden on Tuesday offered to testify publicly before Congress in response to a subpoena from Republicans investigating nearly every aspect of his business dealings as they pursue an impeachment inquiry into his father, President Joe Biden.

The Democratic president’s son slammed the inquiry as a “fishing expedition” and refused to give closed-door testimony but said he would “answer any pertinent and relevant question” in front of the House Oversight Committee next month, setting up a potential high-stakes face-off.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Hunter Biden on Tuesday offered to testify publicly before Congress in response to a subpoena from Republicans investigating nearly every aspect of his business dealings as they pursue an impeachment inquiry into his father, President Joe Biden.

The Democratic president’s son slammed the inquiry as a “fishing expedition” and refused to give closed-door testimony but said he would “answer any pertinent and relevant question” in front of the House Oversight Committee next month, setting up a potential high-stakes face-off.

Go get 'em Hunter.

According to sources, one of Pence's notes obtained by Smith's team shows that, days before Pence was set to preside over Congress certifying the election results on Jan. 6, 2021, he momentarily decided that he would skip the proceedings altogether, writing in the note that there were "too many questions" and it would otherwise be "too hurtful to my friend." But he ultimately concluded he had a duty to show up.

profiles in courage

The only way I could even see this happening is if there was some inside info that Biden was going to call it quits and he knew that the Democratic Party was fully backing him.

It might be that he's laying the ground for 2028... but he's quitting his TV show and just sold the Mavs all within a day, and he's spoken about it before.

It might be that he's laying the ground for 2028... but he's quitting his TV show and just sold the Mavs all within a day, and he's spoken about it before.

Yeah the timing is very off. Obviously I would like to believe that he is smarter than this (because I do think he's smart), but if he threw his name in the hat right now as a challenger to Biden, I'm afraid it would do damage to Biden long term come the general election.

This new Green Day song would be a good campaign song, only Bernie Sanders would have the guts to do it.

The American Dream is killing me
When it's all double-talk of conspiracy
Send out an S.O.S
It's getting serious
Bulldoze your family home
Now it's a condo
We are not home
Are we not home?
Goddamn, I am so grateful
Forever faithful to
People on the street
Unemployed and obsolete
Did you ever learn to read the ransom note?
Don't want no huddled masses
TikTok and taxes
Under the overpass
Sleeping in broken glass
We are not well
Are we not well?
Cracked up into the wild
We're pedophiles for
When it's all double-talk of insanity
Say
From sea to shining sea
Whitewashed upon the beach
My country under siege
On private property
We are not home
Are we not home?
Kiss me, I'm dead inside
Who needs suicide when
When it's double-talk of insanity

I'd be willing to listen to him versus a failed real estate developer / reality tv star / mob boss

At least we know he's actually a billionaire

Shocking

The co-founder of the political organization Students For Trump is accused of assaulting a woman with a firearm, court records indicate.

Ryan Fournier, 27, was charged in North Carolina, and is accused of grabbing a woman on the arm and hitting her in the forehead with a firearm, according to a magistrate’s order filed in Johnson District Court. He was arrested Nov. 21.

Fournier was released on $2,500 bond and faces two misdemeanor assault charges, court records indicate. Fournier waived his right to an attorney and is next due in court Dec. 18.

Students For Trump was co-founded by Fournier in 2015 while he was a student at Campbell University in North Carolina along with John Lambert, who in 2019 was sentenced to 13 months in prison for wire fraud, according to a report from NPR.

Ron's face in that last video is similar to a teenage boy getting caught by his parents masturbating and trying to convince them that he rust really needed lotion because his hands were dry.

I saw that clip of when Newsom completely owned DeSantis by saying exactly who he is and what he does just for his political ambitions. That last line was hilarious

Ron always has that same awkward creepy unnerving look on his face.

Back
Top Bottom