US Politics XXXVIII: "Patriots" vs Reality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Florida’s already-volatile insurance industry is bracing for Hurricane Idalia
https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/29/business/insurance-losses-florida-tropical-storm-idalia/index.html

....The storm is strengthening quickly and is projected to intensify into a powerful Category 3 hurricane.

That’s slightly weaker than Hurricane Ian, which made landfall in September 2022 as a major Category 4 storm with sustained winds of around 150 mph. Hurricane Ian caused about up to $65 billion in insured losses, according to reinsurance company Swiss Re. Ian was the most expensive storm ever to hit the state, including $17 billion in uninsured losses.

.... “Florida’s property insurance market remains very volatile, but the insurance industry is well-capitalized to pay Idalia claims,” he added. “One of the biggest reasons is insurers have been able to obtain adequate reinsurance policies this year.”

The cost to the consumer, however, will likely be higher insurance premiums. One of the biggest reasons insurance companies are in a good financial position to pay claims this year, according to the Insurance Information Institute, is because insurers have been able to obtain satisfactory policies from reinsurance companies, which insurance firms use to cover some of their risks.

....The average cost of reinsurance increased 40-70% this hurricane season. That means (insurance companies) will have to pass along those costs along to customers in the form of higher premium rates,” said Friedlander.

Florida residents are already spending an average of $6,000 dollars on home insurance policies, according to III, four times more than the average in other states.

.... According to III, 85% of Florida residents have home insurance, which covers wind damage. Flood insurance is purchased through a different policy, mostly through the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

Enrollment in flood insurance has seen a steady uptick every month since October 2022, according to the latest FEMA data. As of July 31, there were an additional 44,000 active flood insurance policies in Florida than there were last August, before Hurricane Ian hit the state. While Florida has the highest flood insurance enrollment rate of any state, Friedlander said only 18% have flood insurance through either federal or private insurers.

Safety first for all these folks the next couple days, of course.

Being from the Northeast, seeing where people decide to build and live or are 'stuck' living in the most vulnerable areas of Florida is bizarre to me. I know hurricanes aren't unique to the state and it's part of life in that general area. And the path of this one might be a little less typical than other paths.

The scale of damage and the rebuilding costs attached to annual hurricane season is just something else, though. Particularly that flood damage :yikes:

When a picture says a thousand words. I read that he was booed at this event(about the racist hate crime mass shooting at Dollar General). Really gross that he even showed up, considering how he stokes the fire of racism just to get votes. Maybe he's actually racist too.

Screenshot_20230829-202046-879.jpg

Trump's poll numbers are starting to drop, which I think we all saw coming. Should be interesting to see if any Republicans join the race late. I actually fear them more than anyone else in the field. Again, this is why we want a Trump nomination to happen. I strong outside candidate would be very dangerous to Biden's reelection.

Trump's poll numbers are starting to drop, which I think we all saw coming. Should be interesting to see if any Republicans join the race late. I actually fear them more than anyone else in the field. Again, this is why we want a Trump nomination to happen. I strong outside candidate would be very dangerous to Biden's reelection.

Trump knows that the only way he isn’t going to jail is if he wins. So he will go scorched earth on his rivals, and then run third party if he doesn’t get the nomination.

He may have to debate. And when he does, he will stomp them all with his loud, incomprehensible nonsense word salad that will thrill his ardent supporters. And it will be dangerous for any of them to actually criticize him for fear of alienating his base, which will be a fun needle to watch them try to thread.

Trump knows that the only way he isn’t going to jail is if he wins. So he will go scorched earth on his rivals, and then run third party if he doesn’t get the nomination.

He may have to debate. And when he does, he will stomp them all with his loud, incomprehensible nonsense word salad that will thrill his ardent supporters. And it will be dangerous for any of them to actually criticize him for fear of alienating his base, which will be a fun needle to watch them try to thread.

i do think that eventually he's going to have to show up to one of these things - especially if it starts getting tight.

he's on TV for all his crimes, and they're on TV running for office. eventually he'll have to confront them.

It's been weeks since the first indictment, his most slim margin is something like 30 points.

I think not debating is hurting him more than the legal issues.

I still don't think he'll see the inside of a jail cell. He'll be incarcerated from one of his resorts. It's going to be nothing but chaos in 2024.

He will be the nominee unless he croaks. Even then, his corpse might still poll better than the rest haha.

The media is still playing all of this as some form of normal, or exciting horse race. It's completely insane that the leading candidate for one of the two major political parties is a 4x indicted, coup leading rapist.

But man, Joe Biden is old.....tough choice

It's been weeks since the first indictment, his most slim margin is something like 30 points.

I think not debating is hurting him more than the legal issues.

I still don't think he'll see the inside of a jail cell. He'll be incarcerated from one of his resorts. It's going to be nothing but chaos in 2024.

He will be the nominee unless he croaks. Even then, his corpse might still poll better than the rest haha.

The media is still playing all of this as some form of normal, or exciting horse race. It's completely insane that the leading candidate for one of the two major political parties is a 4x indicted, coup leading rapist.

But man, Joe Biden is old.....tough choice
One quick note, if he is found guilty of a crime that normally gets someone 10 years in prison, he will NOT be going back to one of his resorts. You will go to prison. A high security and probably the nicest prison, but not one of his resorts.

Mitch McConnell had another problem during a press conference. Appears he could have a medical issue that's being covered up

It's so sad to watch our ailing politicians out there struggling on a national stage. Of course, they choose to do that and they won't be voting to shorten their own potential tenures in any way, shape, or form.

For the best that the voting public sees it, though. While respecting HIPAA and all that.

Better share that mugshot more because he needs a little more money now.

Trump Inflated Property Values by Up to $2.2 Billion, New York A.G. Says https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/30/...lawsuit-trial.html?smid=nytcore-android-share

If there is a number invovled, this fucker lies about it.

-- How many votes he got
-- How much he weighs
-- How much money he has
-- Golf Score
-- Penis size I assume
-- Hand Size
-- How many people at his inauguration

Who else does that? Let me think... CHILDREN.

A child who desperately wanted love and attention from their father

Lockdowns that their orange overlord instated originally.
They conveniently forget that fact.

Much easier to blame Fauci.

The DeSantis people really need to open up this line of political warfare. That Don locked you down and jammed a needle in your arm.

He sells everything. Why he didn't sell MAGA masks during COVID I'll never understand. Red masks and call them patriots, yada yada... millions...

I came across a blurb the other day that Trump's mugshot is technically owned and copyrighted by the Fulton County Sheriff. $7mil in merch sales and fundraising may be in jeopardy of forfeiture. How would his legal team not know this?

I came across a blurb the other day that Trump's mugshot is technically owned and copyrighted by the Fulton County Sheriff. $7mil in merch sales and fundraising may be in jeopardy of forfeiture. How would his legal team not know this?

his legal team is a bunch of hare-brained idiots because any intelligent lawyer is already fully aware that trump isn't going to pay his bill.

Back
Top Bottom