Updated 18+(!!!) minute audio thanks to our...friends at U2achtung

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...i like them all...vote for 409 as best, most refreshing, even though it sounds the least clear to me. Also, 400 and 402 sound promising. That 403 ("Thank You") has the potential to be the most cringe worthy (a la "Peace on Earth"). And that 404's chorus sounds a little bit like the Bee Gees' "I Just Gotta Get a Message To You"...just a wee.

New kneel/knees/soul? The phrase "all my life" is used in at least 402 and 404....:eyebrow:

:wink:

Is there anything different on the 9-minute set? I downloaded it right before getting the 18-minute set & haven't listened to it.

Utoo said:
Is there anything different on the 9-minute set? I downloaded it right before getting the 18-minute set & haven't listened to it.

the 9 minute set is just like little snippets of 3 songs
stick with the new codenamed set :up:

What do you people think about the overall sound of the songs compared to ATYCLB and HTDAAB? A new musical direction imho

waynetravis said:

the 9 minute set is just like little snippets of 3 songs
stick with the new codenamed set :up:

thanks, wayne! :D

i can't get enough of 404....
i've got 16 listens total for the songs so far on my itunes. so much for everything else i was going to do this evening!

Man oh man, if that last part of 409 is still part of the initial track, then this fucker's gonna be a monster!

Do we know anything about WHEN this was recorded? Was it in the last couple of days or did it take awhile to get online?

BANZAI said:
What do you people think about the overall sound of the songs compared to ATYCLB and HTDAAB? A new musical direction imho

Well I could still see certain Post-Pop haters hating most of this stuff just like they do the last two albums, but I definitely hear a change in direction. It's not the raw rock n' roll change a lot of people were looking for, but it's definitely a change. I very nice one at that. 409.

U2dork said:

:no:

They'd groan at my Revolution 409 comment.

how about this:

dd339a99.jpg

It sucks being at work right now and not able to listen :(.

Westport said:
Do we know anything about WHEN this was recorded? Was it in the last couple of days or did it take awhile to get online?

Is the ZIP file name a hint, "706beachclips"? 706 = 7/06 = 7 June. Or maybe an American wrote it, 6 July. :hmm:

Best Bono Vocals:
I Believe (402)

Best Overall Vocals:
All Of My Life (404)

Best Guitar:
All Of My Life (404)

Best Drums:

Best Bass:
I Believe (402)

Anyone Else?

Lancemc said:

Well I could still see certain Post-Pop haters hating most of this stuff just like they do the last two albums, but I definitely hear a change in direction. It's not the raw rock n' roll change a lot of people were looking for, but it's definitely a change. I very nice one at that. 409.

Some people will say it sounds like the last two albums no matter what; as long as there are no BOOM-CHAs.....

Going back to 1997 is the only thing they would see as moving forward....

BANZAI said:

I'd say that there's a development from the last few albums, but with an injection of some of the bittersweet of the 90s. Kind of like they've got a primarily "positive" musical sound leftover from the last two albums, but tinged a bit. I can't quite describe it. 409 seems to me to be the biggest leap into a "modern indie" sound.

btw:
First few seconds of 409 = Don Henley's "Boys of Summer"? :lol:

Axver said:

Is the ZIP file name a hint, "706beachclips"? 706 = 7/06 = 7 June. Or maybe an American wrote it, 6 July. :hmm:

Scratch this. I just asked gorman. 7/06 is July 2006, not a more specific date.

By the way, I don't see Rick Rubin produce these tracks (see Rick Rubin thread)

BANZAI said:
By the way, I don't see Rick Rubin produce these tracks (see Rick Rubin thread)

Yeah, I'm thinking that of Lanois had a part earlier in making Thank You For The Day (403), then he might be there with them now

Niceman said:

Some people will say it sounds like the last two albums no matter what; as long as there are no BOOM-CHAs.....

Going back to 1997 is the only thing they would see as moving forward....

I'd love it if U2 released a SYCMIOYO remix with "when you pick up the phone, BOOM-CHA!"

ntalwar said:
Best Bono Vocals:
I Believe (402)

Best Overall Vocals:
All Of My Life (404)

Best Guitar:
All Of My Life (404)

Best Drums:

Best Bass:
I Believe (402)

Anyone Else?

Just give them a Grammy now....song of the year = 404.

:laugh: Oh man, these song titles are just killing me. I love it so much. "And the Grammy for Record of the Year goes to... 404, by u2! Wooo!" :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom