Unreleased songs in these difficult times

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolbersu2

War Child
The whole world is going through difficult times these days... What about posting some unreleased songs for the fans on u2.com. for free. Getting loose of the commercial thinking for some time and give the fans something these days. I'm not talking about the great dvd gift, but som downloads for people who get strength from U2 and their songs.

There could be downloads (I mean NO streaming) from unreleased versions of Mercy, North Star, Winter or other early versions of songs. You must have A LOT of them. Why not giving away some of them for free? It could be the whole Songs of Ascent thing!!

Isn't this a great idea???

I'm gonna call Bono and see if it's okay to release the 2008 versions of No Line on the Horizon.

There is approx 0% chance of this actually happening. It’s a shame because they would have:

2006 Rubin sessions
2008 NLOTH
2013 album that morphed into SOI
2009 SOA
2011 SOA songs
2011 tour songs
2016 SOE
2017 SOE leftovers
2004 HTDAAB leftovers

More likely is a live show or two.

I could see them maybe doing some type of acoustic performance videos.

But the idea of them releasing demos and half baked ideas for songs that have been sitting in the vault as something the world needs right now is kind of out of the question.

But the idea of them releasing demos and half baked ideas for songs that have been sitting in the vault as something the world needs right now is kind of out of the question.

Don't think Mercy, Boy falls from the sky, or North Star are half baked ideas at all.
And, please, no acoustic stuff!!!!

Don't think Mercy, Boy falls from the sky, or North Star are half baked ideas at all.

Ultimately, it'd have to come down to whatever material they were comfortable with putting out there. I'm sure there are a lot of "complete" songs in the vaults and hard drives somewhere. But whether they're any good or not is another story. Especially to their ears.

And like David hinted at, any ideas would probably have to be worked on a bit more and mixed properly to their ears to warrant a release. As it is for pretty much all musicians out there anyway.

It's not inconceivable though. The band's done one-off releases before and had those tracks that made up most of the Medium, Rare... release. But I won't get my hopes up that anything out might be coming out soon.

I don't blame them for not bothering. Instead of being thankful, the fans will find a way to complain about it.

- fuck that, for giving us remixes!
- fuck that, for giving us acoustic songs!
- fuck that, bono can't even hit falsetto anymore (as per the song he just gave us 2weeks ago)
- fuck that, only a 4 song EP. They have WAY more!
- fuck that, Edge doesn't play cool riffs anymore!
- fuck that, rapid stream of consciousness lyrics!

Sadly, it would be one thing or another.

I don't blame them for not bothering. Instead of being thankful, the fans will find a way to complain about it.

- fuck that, for giving us remixes!
- fuck that, for giving us acoustic songs!
- fuck that, bono can't even hit falsetto anymore (as per the song he just gave us 2weeks ago)
- fuck that, only a 4 song EP. They have WAY more!
- fuck that, Edge doesn't play cool riffs anymore!
- fuck that, rapid stream of consciousness lyrics!

Sadly, it would be one thing or another.

Too true. Plus, I'm sure they remember the last time they tried to give something out for free.

Back
Top Bottom