UK/Irish/American/Aussie/Dutchie Gettogetherthingie Extravaganza!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
meegannie [/i][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DiGi said:
i like a glasto gathering idea

You should DEFINITELY come this year. It's going to be the best Glastonbury ever.

Well, the best I've ever been to. ;)[/quote]:yes: We HAVE to do it. Last year was SO amazing and ever since I've just been thinking about how to get back this year.... :hyper: I talk about it incessantly. :eek: . It would be so fun with everyone there!!!

*pretends to know what glastonbury is and is still upset that i can't go :scream:

Last edited:
Glastonbury Festival - Friday 25 June until Sunday 27 June 2004
Pyramid Stage
Friday 25 June
Oasis - strong rumour
Saturday 26 June
Paul McCartney - strong rumour
Sunday 27 June
Prince - strong rumour
World Stage
unknown day
Norah Jones - rumour
Avalon Stage
unknown day
Blackbud - strong rumour
Cabaret Marquee
unknown day
Attila the Stockbroker - to be confirmed
Kidz Field
unknown day
Bodger & Badger - strong rumour
unknown stage
unknown day
Amy Winehouse - rumour
Basement Jaxx - to be confirmed
Blondie - rumour
Damien Rice - strong rumour
Daniel Bedingfield - strong rumour
Doves - strong rumour
Idlewild - rumour
John Otway - strong rumour
Joss Stone - strong rumour
Nowhere Near the Garden - to be confirmed
Scissor Sisters - to be confirmed
Starsailor - strong rumour
The Bees - strong rumour
The Cure - to be confirmed
The Strokes - rumour
The Treefrogs - strong rumour

:drool:

:hyper:

*is even more jealous now*

how much are tickets to this thing meggie? not that i'll prolly be able to go anyway :sigh:

I think they're usually a little over ?100 plus fees, which seems really expensive, but I keep telling myself it's not that bad considering how many bands you get to see. Yes. Not that bad. Not too much money....I can afford it....yeah....

*rocks back and forth in corner*

poor mega-nanny :(

i really wanted to get over there by the end of this year, but (always a 'but' :mad: ) whether i can get enough dough is a problem. manda is trying to convince me to fit ireland in now which i had no plans on doing, though jimmy and laura etc are too tempting to meet up with if u2 finally get off their arses and release something and tour.

sooo...sometime in my summer.
:hmm:

long way off huh.
:(
i need to win lotto. you guys will probably all meet in the next few weeks and then no one will be around by the time i make it.
:sigh:

Angela Harlem said:
i need to win lotto. you guys will probably all meet in the next few weeks and then no one will be around by the time i make it.
:sigh:
nonsense

celia said:
OoOoo I cant wait till festivals, hoping to go Glast this yr!!!

If u have a meet in London, I'LL BE THERE!!! :) :up:

Hey Celia, you're from Kent yeah? I might need to hound you for some info on how to get to some places in that general kind of area. Got family to see around Seven Oaks :hyper:
I get lost in my own street, so I dont like my chances in England :D

Slomey you know you have buckleys of me not stalking you while I'm in a more immediate vicinity...well, not really immediate, but a lot closer than here :D

Lotto :crack:

hihihihi

oh, a word of advise if you wanted to come to europe during aussie summer

DON'T!!!!!

chances are that the weather will be so bad that you'll get to see nothing

well, it could be only a bit of rain
you could actually have floods in Italy though :slant:

it's just that it would be a terrible shame if you'd get over here and the weather would be really sucky
and even though chances might only be 20%
I wouldn't want you to risk it

on the other hand I'd appreciate it if you'd GET!!!! over here tomorrow instead of next year

so, yeah, I really have no point to make here
!

airline tickets from dallas to london in the summer are like $800+
:angry:

it's so cheap to go to london now :scream: :banghead:

Angela Harlem said:

Hey Celia, you're from Kent yeah? I might need to hound you for some info on how to get to some places in that general kind of area. Got family to see around Seven Oaks :hyper:
I get lost in my own street, so I dont like my chances in England :D

Slomey you know you have buckleys of me not stalking you while I'm in a more immediate vicinity...well, not really immediate, but a lot closer than here :D

Lotto :crack:

Hiya only just noticed this message.

Yeah Im from Kent, Seven Oaks is not far from me at all!
If u need any help just e-mail me celiau2@hotmail.com

:)

Angela Harlem said:
why???? how bad is the weather really?
it's only a bit of rain isn't it?
:slant:

lol this past month we've had RAIN RAIN RAIN WIND WIND RAIN
SNOW and HAIL...

just walking into uni today I got soaked and my hair was blown all over the place :crazy:

but I love british weather... :eyebrow:

:uhoh:
Um...I was actually talking to a girl tonight at work (sidetracking for a sec lol) as I had to go in the garden section and of course I got all itchy from the plants and stuff and then we talked about allergies and how bad spring was and that autumn was really no better, and then of course summer has mozzies and crap. she said 'well that leaves winter, and like THAT's any fun!'
yeah...winter and i do not get on. the cold is depressing as crap and well...i do like my 40+ degree summers...:shifty:

i am thinking...of all seasons, spring is the worst, so if i escape MY spring to get to your autumn, is that a good time for europe?

thanks also celia! i might just bug you once i get the times all sorted out :D

Well, as long as its in either Dublin or London, count me in! Im saving up some dosh to go over to Oz for a couple of months at end of December 2004 so thats my priority at the moment but other than that, Im up for this get together extravaganza!

Actually last time I went to a similar get together kind of thing was in Dublin in August 2001 when I met up with fellow U2 fans for a certain special concert that weekend which you know all about! :) Anyway I had a real blast meeting great people from Oz, USA and all over Europe in such lovely Irish pubs! Perfect! hey if the people who can remember me are here, I say hi to you all! :)

So for this reunion to work well, it has to be in Dublin! DUBLIN! DUBLIN! DUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBLINNNNN!!!! *goes out of breath after yelling this loud* LOL!

Hmm maybe London would make a good ideal place to meet as its easier to fly to from anywhere but more expensive to stay in many ways than Dublin unless you have friends/relatives here to stay with!

Ideal time to meet? Well, it has to be between May and September when the weather here would then be quite warm but sometimes cool.... Actually June would be good as RHCP (possibly supported by The Pixies) is playing in Dublin that month (London shows are completely sold out btw) so that would be worthwhile...

Any more ideas?

dougal

Back
Top Bottom