U2's performance on Cd:UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
vertigo not live

pittTodd said:
the entire band is live! we need an mp3 of this

on vertigo they played with a backing track as like the totp show , but on the other 3 tracks they were all playing live . They asked that all cameras and camera/phones be handed in before going in the studio but as long as you turned your phone off and put it away was ok . Once you were inside nobody would have been stupid enough to get there camera/phone out for FEAR of being thrown out and missing such an intimate awesome gig .

Even worse than the real thing... Now, come on people - that was pathetic... really - lets, step back and look at what a hack whoever the director of that piece was... The staging and cameras, the angles - all been done before in U2 gigs, I'm guessing bono didn't say "aww, we want it to look like MTV, but shitter...sor".Try and get your hands on MTV's Video Awards, where they do an Elevation/Stuck in A Moment set, begining with bono's "sorry for the breakdown in transmition" - notice the set? CD:UK should be ashamed, and the quality of the preformance too - this was pre-recorded ( so I believe? ) *shakes head*... All due respect, where's that real video?
"Television, the drug of the Nation
Breeding ignorance and feeding radiation" ... and nothing more, nothing more.

callumalden said:
Even worse than the real thing... Now, come on people - that was pathetic... really - lets, step back and look at what a hack whoever the director of that piece was... The staging and cameras, the angles - all been done before in U2 gigs, I'm guessing bono didn't say "aww, we want it to look like MTV, but shitter...sor".Try and get your hands on MTV's Video Awards, where they do an Elevation/Stuck in A Moment set, begining with bono's "sorry for the breakdown in transmition" - notice the set? CD:UK should be ashamed, and the quality of the preformance too - this was pre-recorded ( so I believe? ) *shakes head*... All due respect, where's that real video?
"Television, the drug of the Nation
Breeding ignorance and feeding radiation" ... and nothing more, nothing more.

??

don't follow your point but...

I thought it was great and far better than the TOTP performance. the only thing that bugs me (more than bugs me, actually down right pees me off) is why oh why are they miming??!! the world's greatest live act miming?? what are they on?

ewen said:

??

don't follow your point but...

I thought it was great and far better than the TOTP performance. the only thing that bugs me (more than bugs me, actually down right pees me off) is why oh why are they miming??!! the world's greatest live act miming?? what are they on?

While the TOTP performance was "mimed" (aside from Bono's vocals), the CD:UK performance was entirely live.

Exactly.

If you think Bono is miming, Bonos voice must be incredible these days. Well ... actually I think he sounds better and better. I thought he sounded good during Elevation, but this is even better.

just saw the video, definetly a great performance!!! WHOOOO!!! Kills the TOTP performance, this music is live, not mimed, in my opinion.

does anyone has the torrent file to get the HQ video, cos the real one is not great...even if I thanks so much enajh2 for doing it

can someone please upload the higher-quality video version of the CD:UK performance please?

And will there be next week another CD:UK performance? Maybe SYCMIOYO or Miracle Drug :hyper:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom