U218 - Possible Explanation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
I was just thinking, this may be a likely scenario.

Originally they were going to come out with a deluxe edition of U2 By U2, most likely with this album of singles (the cover is the same thing). But they made the decision to end their contract with Island to go to Mercury, so, as a technicality, released U218 seperately to make it the third compilation and officially be done.

I don't think anyone had said that before, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

I think that point's actually been brought up several times before, but I think it's worth repeating anyway. It definitely seems like the most likely explanation.

Lancemc said:
I think that point's actually been brought up several times before, but I think it's worth repeating anyway. It definitely seems like the most likely explanation.

Damn, then this thread will get closed.

Oh well.

phillyfan26 said:

Damn, then this thread will get closed.

Oh well.

:lol: No worries. :wink:

I do recall that last year when the release of U2 by U2 was still planned for September 2005, Amazon.com did list a "U2 by U2 CD" for a few days. There was no description about it, and it was taken off after about a week or two.

it makes sense that they were originaly planning on releasing the cd with the deluxe ediditon of the book that was canceled, and then decided "eh... F it" and just released the CD on it's own to fulfill their contract and get it over with.

makes sense logisticaly and from a business standpoint as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom