U2 to play secret street gig in London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I reckon they'll say something on Radio 1 at some point 2moro.

Maybe Chris Evan's will say something about it on his show tonight. He's said a couple of times already that they'll be doing Q&A the first hour in the studio and then will do something special the second hour but he's kept mum on the details so far. A concert close by does seem the obvious thing. I'm just trying to work out how I can be in two places at the same time mind.

There is alot of building work being done at this location at the moment so it's unlikely it will take place between the two buildings unless they are driving a cement mixer!! Langham st is basically a building site.

How much work is being done? Could they have space on the east side of the church? I can't imagine they'd put it right in the street due to further traffic/transport disruption. The leaked news on the gig says it's at Langham Pl....hmm. I can't be there anyway unfortunately:sad:

If it's happening it will be on the small roof area above the entrance about 3/4 storeys up. There is not much space for the crowd on the pavements surrounding.

We could book a room at the Langham Hotel across the road which would give the perfect view :)

Heads Up For Those In London - Secret Gig?

Borrowed from U2Tours.Com. I guess we'll know in about 19 hours. Hope someone reports back if it happens.

U2 to play 'secret' gig Friday in London

February 25, 2009

Word on the street is that U2 will do a 'secret' gig this Friday in London.

The alert being spread around is as follows:

"Make sure you're around upper Regent Street, near Langham Place around 6-6:15pm, to witness an unusual outdoor performance."

If you're there, send us the setlist (admin...at...u2tours.com) and post your review and photos after the show!

i'm taking my HD camcorder with me guys ;).

(i don't think it's fake, they are releasing new album, it can't be fake. that would destroy the promo :huh: )

The word is out - from the Popbitch email yesterday:

"U2's secret London gig Friday evening might be top Regent St, near BBC. (Osama - about 6pm we reckon)"

I'm going to get there early because I expect crowds following an announcement on Radio 1 in early evening.

I remember being in that area of London a few years ago... I wish I could be there tomorrow. :(

All of you who are going; Enjoy the thrill...:up:
....unfortunately, in my line of work I can't just take a day off....
I would have caught a plane, If could though....

Guys, not that I expect them to play many songs, or anything particularly exciting, but is there anyone who plans to be online and would like me to text them the songs and whatever other exciting things happen? If so, send me a PM :)

In WTAHAN I have just read that Bono spoke to some fans after the Radio 1 performance and said they would play outdoors at 5pm, rather than 6pm.

He could have got it wrong, though, it's still Bono!

Back
Top Bottom