U2 themed tattoos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Notes are Van Diemen's Land.

I gave the artist the sheet music and asked him if he could try to incorporate it somehow. When I got home and checked on it, I was so very impressed... I know you guys will geek out on this:

First part under his name is the first "hold me now" and then under the guitar is "has gone around" :)

1104630399_HGiMu-O.jpg

Amazing tattoo, love how you used the sheet music. :love:

Well all, I really didn't want to post a pic YET, because it never does it justice until a while after its healed, but I'm so excited about it I just have to.

This was a 3.5 hour tattoo, and wow - I am so happy with it! The shading hurt like a MOFO, but the outline was fine.

I can't even believe this was my first and only tattoo with this level of commitment. Oh, how I love The Edge... :D

1104570962_sSDnV-M.jpg

this is a great tattoo

Well all, I really didn't want to post a pic YET, because it never does it justice until a while after its healed, but I'm so excited about it I just have to.

Haha I'm the same way.

Awesome tattoo!!

Can Edge even read traditional musical sheet music?

I'm shocked there hasn't been a single tatto involving a band member signature? Do they not sign body parts? I've heard of a couple artists that flat out refuse including Gwen Stefani.

I'm not a "tattoo person" but some of these are kinda neat. Usually the smaller ones that are symbols hidden on your body and not explicitely U2 related get my vote.

Can Edge even read traditional musical sheet music?

I'm shocked there hasn't been a single tatto involving a band member signature? Do they not sign body parts? I've heard of a couple artists that flat out refuse including Gwen Stefani.

I'm not a "tattoo person" but some of these are kinda neat. Usually the smaller ones that are symbols hidden on your body and not explicitely U2 related get my vote.

They sign body parts, but most U2 fans are smart enough not to get them tattooed. Seriously autographs are nice on vinyls and posters and stuff,
there's so much more you can do with a tattoo than their autograph.

Let's see your U2 tats!

Here is my girlfriends new tat...awesome!
She is a brand new fan but, has really fallen in love with them.
Her favorite song is Stay (Far Away, So Close) can't you tell?

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj78/captluther/stay2.jpg

stay2.jpg

I love it!:applaud:

can somebody help me? i loved the tattoo but i want to know how is it related to the song 'Stay'? Are the wings and the halo a original U2 cover art? Where can i find the original?

Thank you!

Hi, I have yet more questions. :hyper:

I've had a BCG jab on my left arm as a kid, so like a lot of people I have the denty scar there. Can this be covered with a tattoo? Or should I avoid getting anything there?

Also, when choosing a tattoo shop/artist, how exactly do you do it? :huh: Can you literally just go in and say "can I view your portfolio"? Is that an ok/normal thing to do?

Ta. :wave:

People have scars covered up all the time. If a knee tattoo didnt look so weird I'd totally have my knee scar covered up.

Its absolutely ok to ask to see their portfolio. You can also do a search on yelp or other reviews site to find a reputable place.

When choosing an artist insist on seeing their work. any good artist will be happy to show you. dont go cheap - you get what you pay for! Im having U2 tattoed on my shoulder/collarbone area. Its gonna be the lettering in 3d like two stone tablets - it should look like immovable objects. i've toyed with many lyrics 'a link is lost the chain undone' or 'we'll shine like stars in the summer night, we'll shine like stars in the winter light, one heart one hope one love' - i think i've decided that i simply cant decide so gonna stick with the image. if i ever get the money together i would like the full lyrics to with or without you on my back. i've not yet had my back tattoed and i am keeping it clear just in case.

I don't know if I would be able to find it but I do remember seeing a photo after and it turned out nice. Of course that would depend on the tattoo artist you choose!

I have a tattoo of a celtic motherhood knot, in black and red, with the words "One Love, One Life". I love it. If I could figure out how to post a pic I would!

All the tattoos in this thread are impressive :love:
I'd like to have a tat connected with U2 one day, but I haven't decided yet about the design.

Just had this done Tuesday night as an early birthday present. My arm's still sore as Hell & I think it's still a bit swollen, but I was able to get a passable picture of it last night. I see a few things that I think need touching up, but overall I think it's a good piece.

untitled.jpg

Just had this done Tuesday night as an early birthday present. My arm's still sore as Hell & I think it's still a bit swollen, but I was able to get a passable picture of it last night. I see a few things that I think need touching up, but overall I think it's a good piece.

untitled.jpg

Wow, very nice! You have immortalized Edge's hair - bonus points for that! :applaud:

Your life will suck for a week, just get ready for that. Soon it will pass, but you will have one good solid week of itching. Should be perfect in about 3 weeks. Keep it moist, but don't soak it ;)

untitled.jpg

Cool :up: You chose great lyrics.

It's been a while since I posted here, but I love seeing the wealth of tattoos and inspiration for U2 tattoos in this thread, so I figured I'd post my latest one up here. About a year ago I got the zoo baby done, which I posted, but this last weekend I finally finished the design on my arm.

It's still healing (hence the darker color), but I really like how it turned out! :)

Picture13.png

I absolutely LOVE that!! Wow. It looks pretty much perfect.

Was that particularly painful? I am strongly considering getting one in that area next month...

Back
Top Bottom