U2 - REM - Radiohead: best band in the world?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2 at least are the only ones that claim that title for themselves, and i think they're the only band that have guts to handle that.
i read interviews from stipe and yorke where they show that they don't feel confortable at all with that discussion, they seem to be more proud by presenting themselves as alternative artists, but thet're not because they sell millions of records, so they are big r&r stars.
Conclusion: if radiohead and rem (bands that i love) don't want to be the best band in the world, the place is free for u2.

bedouin fire said:
u2 at least are the only ones that claim that title for themselves, and i think they're the only band that have guts to handle that.
i read interviews from stipe and yorke where they show that they don't feel confortable at all with that discussion, they seem to be more proud by presenting themselves as alternative artists, but thet're not because they sell millions of records, so they are big r&r stars.
Conclusion: if radiohead and rem (bands that i love) don't want to be the best band in the world, the place is free for u2.

This logic just doesn't make sense. Because Bono says they're the best band in the world, automatically makes them so?

This whole discussion is really quite pointless.

Zoorock Girl! said:

This logic just doesn't make sense. Because Bono says they're the best band in the world, automatically makes them so?

This whole discussion is really quite pointless.

a pointless argument for a pointless discussion...

REM has not made a good record since "Automatic for the People" so to even consider them Best Band in the World is ridiculous.

Radiohead is definitely a great band, probably the most innovative out of the three.

U2, of course, are an amazing band who continue to break boundries and make great melodies.

All three of them were at one time Best Band in the World, but that status changes every year. It's not a constant thing. Coldplay is a good band, The Strokes are a good band, Wilco, etc... So many other bands besides these three that could qualify.

wow, considering that these are my 3 favorite bands, i didn't think i'd be annoyed by this thread. wrong.

it's subjective. it's completely and utterly biased. it's not worth arguing because every point can be stated the opposite way with the same amount of fervor.

and now, i must say this. rem--no good albums since aftp? have you heard new adventures in hi-fi? you know what, nevermind...i'll just get pissed off more...i'm done.

Stories for Boys said:
wow, considering that these are my 3 favorite bands, i didn't think i'd be annoyed by this thread. wrong.

it's subjective. it's completely and utterly biased. it's not worth arguing because every point can be stated the opposite way with the same amount of fervor.

and now, i must say this. rem--no good albums since aftp? have you heard new adventures in hi-fi? you know what, nevermind...i'll just get pissed off more...i'm done.

:up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom