U2 puzzle theory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenStar

Refugee
If you take a look(listen?) at U2, you might notice something. They are like a puzzle. An individual piece of a puzzle seems pretty insignificant. But when you put the whole puzzle together, you get something amazing. And that makes you realise how important that puzzle piece really is.

do i puzzle u? dont mean ta puzzle ya

i do understand what you are getting at ravenstar, however i wouldn't say one of the members of U2 alone is insignificant.
but yes, taking one piece out of that puzzle, leaves a definite hole that could not be replaced by some wrong shaped piece from another.

i mean edge's mo slides in nicely between adam's thump, adam's chin fits perfectly under larry's kit, and larry's boot fits nicely up bono's arse. :D :D

Re: do i puzzle u? dont mean ta puzzle ya

zooropamanda said:
i do understand what you are getting at ravenstar, however i wouldn't say one of the members of U2 alone is insignificant.
but yes, taking one piece out of that puzzle, leaves a definite hole that could not be replaced by some wrong shaped piece from another.

i mean edge's mo slides in nicely between adam's thump, adam's chin fits perfectly under larry's kit, and larry's boot fits nicely up bono's arse. :D :D

:yes: GREAT post! :up:

I was trying to find a way to not make it sound as though I was bashing anyone. lol
It's just that alot of people look at U2 as 4 individuals. As in, they say U2 sucks because Larry isn't the best drummer in the world, etc. It's just like looking at and individual puzzle piece. They look at one piece and expect to be able to figure out the idea behind the puzzle. BTW, I'm not bashing Larry, the above statement is JUST an example. But I always tell peolpe this theory when they try to say that U2 sucks because individually they are like a puzzle piece. Do you get what I'm saying?

I totally agree that U2 is a puzzle! They compliment eachother and I try to to listen to the remarks that ppl say about the individual members of the the band ie Larry isnt the best drummer or Bonos voice sounds crappy. But to each his own opinion.

Re: do i puzzle u? dont mean ta puzzle ya

zooropamanda said:

i mean edge's mo slides in nicely between adam's thump, adam's chin fits perfectly under larry's kit, and larry's boot fits nicely up bono's arse.

:D :up: :D :up: :D :up: :D :up:

you should hear the alternate universe/dream theory I came up with one night :huh: I have too much time on my hands.

Lara Mullen said:

insomnia rules!

I only smoke weed when I need to,
And I need to get some rest,
I confess, I burnt a hole in the mattress,
Yes, yes, it was me, I plead guilty,
And on the count of three I pull back the duvet,
Make my way to the refrigerator,
One dry potato inside, no lie
Not even bread, jam,
When the light above my head went bam!
I can't sleep, something's all over me,
Greasy, insomnia please release me,
And let me dream about making mad love on the heath,
Tearing off tights with my teeth.
But there's no relief,
I'm wide awake in my kitchen,
It's dark and I'm lonely,
Oh, if I could only get some sleep,
Creaky noises make my skin creep,
I need to get some sleep,
I can't get no sleep....

haha..

well it's actually a real physics theory that there are alternate universes. That each time we make a decision the universe splits since there could have been an alterior choice.
By this reasoning there is a universe out there for every scenario which could have happened in our life. When we lay down a glass for example, there are a hunder different places we COULD have laid it.

anyway, I was just thinking about dreams. Some people wonder if it is possible to visit alternate universes and I was just thinking about it trying to fall asleep really. I thought, sometimes we see people in our dreams that we don't even know- how does our brain think of these strangers? Sometimes we see ourselves in positions in life that are just ridiculous.
Here, we are actually looking at ourselves in another universe, and since the alternate universe theory makes room for EVERY possible scenario in life...some pretty wierd and crazy shit can happen!
Dreams are a window into alternate universes.

anyway!! now that you all see me for the lame ass i am!!
thanks a lot raven!! ;)
but seriously, it helps me get to sleep to think about stuff like that!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom