U2 Party In London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
oops, sorry about that. There was no 'right-click' option. Just re-edited:

AbbeyRoad-U2_GreenDay-1.jpg

Thanks for the clear pic.

Thank you for this pictures.
Does anyone have a clue why Bono feels the need to dress in suit and tie while everyone else is dressed so casually?

last unicorn said:
Does anyone have a clue why Bono feels the need to dress in suit and tie while everyone else is dressed so casually?

Haven't begun to ponder that one yet - I'm still in shock that his shirt was tucked in and his tie was straight! :wink:

AlliDreamsOutLoud said:
:hyper:

thanks to everyone for the fantastic pics!
I just found this on you tube. The band did a photo shoot with Green Day at Abbey Road. So that's why Bono has shirt tucked in and tie on straight :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tLV1SW5u8Y

Oh thanks for this! And to everyone for the great pics. You know Bono may have decided to wear a suit for this photo shot coz a couple of the Beatles wore suits for the Abbey Road photo!?! :shrug:
I still wish though that Bono would let his hair grow least a couple of inches longer coz he has such lovely hair and it seems a waste to keep so cropped! :(

As for feelinnumb comments....:tsk: unnecessarily rude, nasty and totally pathetic!! :sick:

^Loving the kitty pic there Kelly! :cute:

FEELINNUMB said:
Well, let's start with the good news -- Our Adam has just nailed his existence, he looks like a million damn dollars, he's got it working, inside and out.

Adam does look great...I don't think that's just a recent happening though.

Ditto our drummer boy, true, I miss the hair, not the 40 lbs. of Brylcreem that went with it, but the Neo Nazi look is not one of my faves.

It's rather inappropriate to compare a member of U2 with a Neo Nazi, even if just speaking in regards to appearance.

Can't understand why he couldn't just have his hair without the grease, like those shots from Mexico and those fan pics when he's wearing the white shirt, oh boy...But, he's as cute as a bug in a rug!

Those are some great pics. :yes:

I'll be damned if I know what the big turn on is about Bono's latest incarnation...you want to moon over a middle-aged fat guy with no neck wearing a suit and a bad haircut/dye job, park it at any Applebee's or TGIFridays near any corporate park during Happy Hour!

I already said this in a previous thread, and I'm basically repeating the same sentiment, so I'm gonna do a copy and paste:

Fans of Bono, especially longtime fans, have come to associate a certain beauty with Bono...the kind of beauty that transcends physical appearance. He has a warmth and charm about him. Therefore, I think there are many people who will always find Bono to be handsome in his own way, regardless of appearance.

And I know this is going to go over like a lead balloon, but he's wearing a girdle. He really is.

How do you know? And, if he is...so? :shrug:

Now, this being PLEBA, if it's accepted at all, the cry will be that it's really a back brace, just like he wears those horrible shoes, not because he's short and self-conscious about it, BUT BECAUSE HE HAS A PAINFUL FOOT CONDITION!! That is one of my favorite delusions of all time.

Sure, people may come up with theories...but how can you label them as delusions? Do you know for a fact that Bono is wearing a girdle, or is that just a theory? Or...a delusion?

Guess he wore the Cuban heels back in the day because, why, made him feel closer to God?

Probably because they looked quite good on him. :drool:

Anyway, I take this look as a serious sign, when Bono is at sixes and sevens, you can feel it coming off of him, and he's got it bad and that ain't good. I think it's all beginning to catch up with him, poor baby.

A serious sign? Are you really that worried about Bono based on how he currently looks?

And I know you all think the drunk pictures are cute and cool, but they're not. There's something rather pathetic about someone their age being continually photographed shit-faced like some idiot college student -- I am haunted by those shots from Bono's birthday.

If you are truly "haunted" by photos of an intoxicated rockstar...maybe you are worrying too much.

And for a man of Edge's intelligence and grace and sensitivity to be photographed snot-flying drunk and hanging off a guy young enough to be his son is really rather sad. I'm afraid some of the boys are under the impression that Peter Pan-ning it makes them seem, their favorite word, relevant.

Somehow...I doubt this is the scene:

Bono: Hey, Edge! Let's go out to the pub and get totally knackered so that we can be photographed being absolutely wasted so that we will look young and relevant!

Edge: That's a genius idea!

Look to the bass player, my children, look to the bass player!

I'll look to all of them, a thank ya.

Reasons why I myself and maybe others love and think Bono is beautiful inside and out.

He is blessed by grace and it shines through
Smart
Loyal to everyone he befriends
Big heart
wants to change the world
great family man
caring
giving
nurturing
he is the type of guy who can be a mans friend a womans friend, your lover, he gets along with everyone
judgement of others is not even anywhere near his frame of mind
has an agenda to make a difference
is not a show off in the true meaning of the word
walks the talk

with all this said, this is why the man is gorgeous to me anyway.

last unicorn said:

its how the skids used to dress i think

Last edited:
It's kinda funny, but in the video, around 1 minute and 29 seconds or so, just as the two bands are doing their "crossing", somebody honks it almost sounds like their honking as to say "hey get out of the road!!" because then they start walking faster too like to get out of the way of the traffic.
then again maybe someone was honking just to get their attention too.

But it seems funny to think that while all of us would be standing around with our mouths gaping wide open, that someone could only be thinking about "HEY! get those idiots to move, i'm late for work!!" :wink: just a funny thought.

last unicorn said:

maybe that's what he was told to wear? :shrug: even though it looks casual, like everyone is wearing what they like, it's all thought out down to the last detail.

kellyahern said:

Sorry to get off the subject here for a sec. but your kittie picture is SO cute! I just got a new kitty myself. She looks so much like the one in the pic but she's grey. I named her Ali.

(ok that's it, that's three in a row, no more posting ) ;)

JCOSTER said:
Reasons why I myself and maybe others love and think Bono is beautiful inside and out.

Smart
Big heart
great family man
caring
giving
nurturing
he is the type of guy who can be a mans friend a womans friend, your lover, he gets along with everyone
walks the talk

RIGHT ON!!!:D:up:

JCOSTER said:

Smart
Big heart
great family man
caring
giving
nurturing
walks the talk

:yes:
right on, and well said!!:hug:

FEELINNUMB said:
Well, let's start with the good news -- Our Adam has just nailed his existence, he looks like a million damn dollars, he's got it working, inside and out. Ditto our drummer boy, true, I miss the hair, not the 40 lbs. of Brylcreem that went with it, but the Neo Nazi look is not one of my faves. Can't understand why he couldn't just have his hair without the grease, like those shots from Mexico and those fan pics when he's wearing the white shirt, oh boy...But, he's as cute as a bug in a rug!

I'll be damned if I know what the big turn on is about Bono's latest incarnation...you want to moon over a middle-aged fat guy with no neck wearing a suit and a bad haircut/dye job, park it at any Applebee's or TGIFridays near any corporate park during Happy Hour! And I know this is going to go over like a lead balloon, but he's wearing a girdle. He really is. Now, this being PLEBA, if it's accepted at all, the cry will be that it's really a back brace, just like he wears those horrible shoes, not because he's short and self-conscious about it, BUT BECAUSE HE HAS A PAINFUL FOOT CONDITION!! That is one of my favorite delusions of all time. Guess he wore the Cuban heels back in the day because, why, made him feel closer to God? Anyway, I take this look as a serious sign, when Bono is at sixes and sevens, you can feel it coming off of him, and he's got it bad and that ain't good. I think it's all beginning to catch up with him, poor baby.

And I know you all think the drunk pictures are cute and cool, but they're not. There's something rather pathetic about someone their age being continually photographed shit-faced like some idiot college student -- I am haunted by those shots from Bono's birthday. And for a man of Edge's intelligence and grace and sensitivity to be photographed snot-flying drunk and hanging off a guy young enough to be his son is really rather sad. I'm afraid some of the boys are under the impression that Peter Pan-ning it makes them seem, their favorite word, relevant. Look to the bass player, my children, look to the bass player!

I hate to repost this piece of s**t again, but I just want to say...isn't it about the music??...isn't this the main reason we love U2??? This and the fact that they are just decent human beings. I know that's what it is for me. It's just an added bonus that they all look f***ing fabulous!!

Sorry to go on about this again... but I have a certain uneasy feeling about this..

Lately, in a few threads(mostly recent pics) somehow, certain people showed up (who usually NEVER post in PLEBA) and started making fun of this place... it's been happening for a while now... strangely enough, most of the people are the sarcastics from other forums who make fun of PLEBA there aswell...

Can somebody tell me what the amusement in this is? and why it always are the same bunch of persons doing this?
Why can't they just leave us alone and make fun of us by pm or msn or whatever, same as we are asked to with certain comments?

back ontopic... U2.com also says it was Anton shooting it :love: Our Dutch Giant is back with the band :D

u2trinity said:

This is pretty funny actually. This is about 1 minute into the video

when the two girls walk by and Adam, Larry, and Bono turn their heads to look at them passing, but try to do it in a very subtle manner. It's funny that you captured this. Looks like Bono's having the most fun looking though. They all (except Edge) turn to look very slowly.

And Edge looks like one of the guards at Buckingham Palace:lol: :lol:

Last edited:
GG
some people like to wallow in negativity. it's their loss.

PS: I just noticed that I hit my 1000 posts mark. yeay I'm a refugee. :dance:

Last edited:
U2FloridaFan said:

This is pretty funny actually. This is about 1 minute into the video

when the two girls walk by and Adam, Larry, and Bono turn their heads to look at them passing, but try to do it in a very subtle manner. It's funny that you captured this. Looks like Bono's having the most fun looking though. They all (except Edge) turn to look very slowly.

And Edge looks like one of the guards at Buckingham Palace:lol: :lol:

:wink: now we found the true reason for the sunglasses! first St. Tropez and now this video... Bono's using them to hide his eyes :lol:

Galeongirl said:
Sorry to go on about this again... but I have a certain uneasy feeling about this..

Lately, in a few threads(mostly recent pics) somehow, certain people showed up (who usually NEVER post in PLEBA) and started making fun of this place... it's been happening for a while now... strangely enough, most of the people are the sarcastics from other forums who make fun of PLEBA there aswell...

Can somebody tell me what the amusement in this is? and why it always are the same bunch of persons doing this?
Why can't they just leave us alone and make fun of us by pm or msn or whatever, same as we are asked to with certain comments?

back ontopic... U2.com also says it was Anton shooting it :love: Our Dutch Giant is back with the band :D

You do realize that hundreds of people read these threads and not just the few you see posting all of the time. There's several people around Interference that used to spend the majority of their time in pleba, myself included. Most people just find other places to hang out around here but still come here for the pictures and news of the band.

Pleba is not an exclusive club. It's a forum on a website that anyone can view. More people read it than you think. My suggestion is if you are tired of the comments then make your own site for you and your friends that is a members only club. That does not mean you can't come to Pleba and participate but it just means you'll have a place where you and your buddies can hang out and comment how ever you like about the band without fear of negative comments from others.

Pleba has always been the butt of jokes around here. It's not you, not your friends, nothing for you to get so defensive about. It was going on long before the current group of Plebans arrived on Interference. I've been here for 4 years and nothing has changed in that respect.

I know that the problem was there long before I came here... and that's the thing, why has PLEBA always been the problem area of this forum?

I know a lot of people lurk here, but my comment was directed at the people who lurk here, and post ONLY to say something rude about members, or the band, or whatever...

I like this place, and I'm not planning on making my own site, but I'm just trying to make things better. Is it so wrong to want to change negative things?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom