U2 on SNL Season premiere?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lorne Michaels: 'oh shit we are in trouble'

pause

Lorne Michaels: "i know let's call u2"

i just saw adam so here we go:applaud:

So far, Burning Up the Bedsheets is the only thing that was actually funny. I'm not sure how the writers let some of these skits make it to TV.

Looks like "Magnificent" to kick off their appearance, based on Edge's guitar.

Or "Breathe".

What was he saying at the end? Oh Bono...

But it was muy bueno...gud job U2.

I have two words for Bono...too cool. I wish they would've done Crazy Tonight...live version would have really got the crowd going.

Edge's guitar sounded a bit out of tune...or was it just my feed? I'm watching Slingbox on my computer.

The camera work is so claustrophobic for their stature, and it just feels awkward to not show the crowd. What's up with Bono though? His voice sounds really strained, and they threw on a heavy reverb to try and cover it up.

crazy remix would be awesome. that way that could go out into the crowd. maybe they will announce the release date of SOA on SNL:doh: sorry that was really bad

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Bono wearing the jacket with all of the lasers on it? That could be a clue to tonight's setlist...

Breathe just isn't a good song. I find myself going to it on the record once and a while, but live it really doesn't work. Just kind of a odd song.

would have preferred Crazy since it's the single that's out, and I'm sure we'll get that next.

would be great to get 3 songs, and have Ultraviolet be the 3rd song :)

Oh, that's good then! Can you post the setlist as a spoiler?

I also thought the jacket might be a clue, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

i guess someone didn't want to get in on the spoiler fun so i added it :D

i will say this:

the remix is probably the biggest surprise of the show....they play it tonight and people start to think, 'are they going to do that when i see them?' and it's going to ruin the surprise.

if they play it, i'd rather them play it the original way

i may change my avatar too, just for kicks :)

took me over an hour of google'ing last night...here's a little something to watch as we all get ready for tonight:

U2 - Elevation - Live on SNL video by mpadawer - Photobucket

best snl performance by any band. ever. period.

-dan

This is funny...looks so old and it's really not that old. Adam and Bono look so different now...in a good way I think.

Back
Top Bottom