u2 On Radio 1's Live Lounge 27th Feb - U2 at BBC!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the way they've worded it on the bbc microsite, I think everyone gets an email, regardless of whether they've won or not.

Bored now
grumpywait.gif

hopefully! the website says:

"If you have already registered you will receive an email saying if you have been successful or not."

Been checking on and off during the day, still no email though! My Inbox just said (1) and I had a heart attack, haha! Was just from Paypal though. :huh:

It's not just the daily Mail's take on it, there WAS a discussion in parliament about it! I was like have you not got ANYTHING more pressing to be discussing in parliament today? :angry:

Really, in parliament? Aye carumba . . . as a taxpaying citizen that would make me kinda cranky . . .

This may be 'a folks are dumb where I come from' question, buuuuuuut is the furore because the shows the band are appearing on are govt owned? Its a fine ole line the stations are treading if they are . . .

haha good old Daily Mail...............not.

to be fair they are getting tons of publicity out of it, but in reality surely there must be some money coming from U2's side of the fence to get such a level of coverage, which to be fair is not THAT out of the ordinary given it's a band as big as U2. They're one of the most famous and acclaimed bands in the world who are still going after 30 years so it's a bit of an event to be fair.

i like the headline 'BONO BROADCASTING CORPORATION' though :lol:

Really, in parliament? Aye carumba . . . as a taxpaying citizen that would make me kinda cranky . . .

This may be 'a folks are dumb where I come from' question, buuuuuuut is the furore because the shows the band are appearing on are govt owned? Its a fine ole line the stations are treading if they are . . .

No it isn't government owned, we as Uk residents have to pay for a TV liscence for the BBC. They say it is a waste of our money to give U2 free publicity.

I think it works both ways. BBC are in the doggy doo doo anyway, for one reason or another and they are using U2 to gain a bit of credability back, and U2 are using the BBC to get it for nothing. They would have to pay for other channels to give them as much publicity as the Beeb are giving for nothing. That's the argument. Pretty lame to me, but then I am biased :wink:

U2 on TV is more than worth my liscence money, everything else is not :lol:

soooooo, for a technonoooobie & nloth virgin like me, I should be able to find the broadcast on their homepage after the fact & download to my little ole computer or save to thumb drive etc ???

You might not be able to dl outside of the UK, unless you know how, but it does mean you don't have to worry about it not being recorded.

oh RIGHT! Just re-read the notice, says if you haven't heard by tomorrow then check spam/give up hope of going yadda yadda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom