U2 LP13 Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they're clearly just being cagey, not wanting to spill all the beans since they've got the Big Plans for the Super Bowl ad.

Prediction: U2 will make the entire album available for download immediately following the Superbowl. You heard it here first. :ohmy: :hyper:

EDIT: Why you ask? They have something "amazing" planned according to Edge, but he can't reveal anything yet. What would be more amazing than a surprise release advertised by, and immediately following, the biggest commercial of their career? And Danger Mouse is working on the Broken Bells album. If U2 were really finishing up the record, Danger Mouse would be in there until the bitter end, helping to put the finishing touches together. But he's not.

Prediction: U2 will make the entire album available for download immediately following the Superbowl. You heard it here first. :ohmy: :hyper:

EDIT: Why you ask? They have something "amazing" planned according to Edge, but he can't reveal anything yet. What would be more amazing than a surprise release following the biggest commercial of their career? And Danger Mouse is working on the Broken Bells album. If U2 were really finishing up the record, Danger Mouse would be in there until the bitter end, helping to put the finishing touches together. But he's not.

All along, this has been my secret prayer. I dared not speak it aloud until just now.

EDIT: Why you ask? They have something "amazing" planned according to Edge, but he can't reveal anything yet. And Danger Mouse is working on the Broken Bells album. If U2 were really finishing up the record, Danger Mouse would be in there until the bitter end, helping to put the finishing touches together. But he's not.

Could make sense. In today's 'information overload' age, it seems quite impossible to keep up hype for an album if you announce it, release a single for it a month later, then release the album a month or two after that. Seems to me that the hype would only last for the initial day or week, before people move on to the plethora of other bands/film/tv show news that floods through every day.

So maybe it makes sense to release everything while they have everyone's attention. I believe Muse announced their tour alongside their album, maybe u2 will do something similar.

Instead of months between announcements, singles/albums and touring, perhaps they'll release the single and the album at once, or within the same week, and tour the month after that (aren't there rumours of the tour starting in spring or did i read that wrong?)?

U2 are a big band, but i suspect they'll only be able to milk the public focus on "holy shit, they're back!" for a small period of time. I could see them doing the single-album-tour back to back, maximising their sales/success by releasing everything whilst they have the maximum attention of everyone, i.e. right after or even alongside the first major announcement.

EDIT: Why you ask? They have something "amazing" planned according to Edge, but he can't reveal anything yet. What would be more amazing than a surprise release advertised by, and immediately following, the biggest commercial of their career? And Danger Mouse is working on the Broken Bells album. If U2 were really finishing up the record, Danger Mouse would be in there until the bitter end, helping to put the finishing touches together. But he's not.

You pretty much copied the post I made 5 minutes before yours :scratch:

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Yes...this!

As much as I'd love to see a surprise release, I just don't see it happening. That's just the cynic in me talking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As much as I'd love to see a surprise release, I just don't see it happening. That's just the cynic in me talking.

Not being a cynic. Just realistic. I don't expect that either.

The "amazing" part will consist of a "surprise" new single, possibly a brand promotion, and the RED donation. I expect album info to shortly follow and then standard business practices leading to an April release.

If they do a surprise release then I sure as hell hope it doesn't leak beforehand. Even still I'm quite doubtful about it.

Everyone. Bad news. AIDS will delay the album at least to the fall.

Actually i take back what i said about immediately releasing the album.

If they do that, then the single might not get enough focus... maybe people would be less inclined to check it out in particular if they have immediate access to the entire album?

And just from a publicity standpoint, it would be hard to promote just one song if it's also in the news that the whole album is out. Might be difficult to put the lead single in the spotlight as much compared to if it was the only thing soaking up attention.

... Then again, all that really matters is if the song is good/connects with the public. If it is, it'll do well. If not, then it won't. Ah, i don't know.

I think so too. Or at the very least, immediate exclusive streaming through a service like Beats. The timing is just too good.

All that promotion in such a big way for one song seems anti-climatic. It's only slightly better than announcing a spring record.

Is it possible that the Super Bowl ad is for (RED) campaign/new U2 album announcement WITHOUT alignment with Beats Music???

Of course the album is technically still "in the works". Considering we are 2-3 months from release the thing would still be getting mixed and mastered at this point. The single would have been given priority as it has to be out earlier.
And for those who think the album isnt coming out soon do you really think they are going to release the lead single 9 months before the album? Of course they won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom