U2 in the parking lot, part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Well, this is my third thread about U2 in the parking lot. I was entering a parking lot this afternoon and "I Will Follow" came on the radio. Was I going to turn that off? Hell, no! I just sat in the car and listened to it. That was the first U2 song I ever heard, back in December of 1981. I remembered that it totally knocked my socks off, as we say in this neck of the woods. It always sounds so damn good!!:yes: :yes:

verte76 said:
Well, this is my third thread about U2 in the parking lot. I was entering a parking lot this afternoon and "I Will Follow" came on the radio. Was I going to turn that off? Hell, no! I just sat in the car and listened to it. That was the first U2 song I ever heard, back in December of 1981. I remembered that it totally knocked my socks off, as we say in this neck of the woods. It always sounds so damn good!!:yes: :yes:

I love "I Will Follow"! Definitely not a song you can turn off when it's on the radio!!

A few weeks ago, I was at Wendy's with my friend Laura and HMTMKMKM came on the radio. I was zipping through the stations, trying to find something good, and I went nuts when I heard it! Laura actually reached for the dial, not realizing it was U2, and I had to basically smack her hand away :shame: No one changes the station when U2 comes on :yes: :evil:

Re: Re: U2 in the parking lot, part 3

U2girl02 said:

No one changes the station when U2 comes on :yes: :evil:

I said that so many times already..... that people automatically turn the volume up esp. in the car when a U2 song comes on!(whether they like it or not!:wink: )

I have done that ... and purposely made my trip longer so I can listen to the end of a U2 song. Sadly the radio in my car is dead and there's no cassette or cd player, so I am subjected to silence now :(

~*Buffalo*~ said:
I have done that ... and purposely made my trip longer so I can listen to the end of a U2 song. Sadly the radio in my car is dead and there's no cassette or cd player, so I am subjected to silence now :(

I had that problem for a while. Ended up putting a portable radio, batteries and all, in the car until last weekend. I finally was able to put in a new cd stereo in the car and it feels great! :yes: Of course, the very first thing I played on it was U2 :p I hope you can replace your soon.

I offered to drive a coworker home tonight, so when I got in the car I turned on the radio instead of the CD because I knew we'd be talking and not listening. Naturally the song on the radio was U2- Stuck in a Moment. It was actually very appropriate as she had a small meltdown today!

Dana, you need to lay down the law with your brother. My brother KNOWS that U2 has priority.

madonna's child said:
Dana, you need to lay down the law with your brother. My brother KNOWS that U2 has priority.

Haha, I know, but when he gets that threatening lookin his eye, I back down.

On another note, although it wasnt a U2 song, it was still weird. I was in my car, turned of the cd player and the song on the radio was the same song that was just playing on my cd player. It was...odd. :eeklaugh:

Not weird really, I Will Follow is playing now as I read this thread.
It get's more frequent with age. The homing instinct. I can feel the need to turn on the TV at certain times, and there is a obscure picture of Bono or a U2 video on. Although having this song come on when I read this is kind of e.s.p.'ish :hmm: OK it's just weird sometimes...:shrug: but I love it :heart:

Last edited:
My husband always turns up the radio when a U2 song comes on, he's a thoughtful guy. He doesn't look to see if I noticed, he just does it. How did I get so lucky?

sue4u2 said:
Not weird really, I Will Follow is playing now as I read this thread.
It get's more frequent with age. The homing instinct. I can feel the need to turn on the TV at certain times, and there is a obscure picture of Bono or a U2 video on. Although having this song come on when I read this is kind of e.s.p.'ish :hmm: OK it's just weird sometimes...:shrug: but I love it :heart:
:yes: That happens to me a lot too! Sometimes when I turn on the radio when I start up my car a U2 song will be on (there was a week where every day if was ISHFWILF) Or I'll get a sudden urge to change the channel and a U2 song will be on the new one. Gotta love when that happens!

Schmeg said:

:yes: That happens to me a lot too! Sometimes when I turn on the radio when I start up my car a U2 song will be on (there was a week where every day if was ISHFWILF) Or I'll get a sudden urge to change the channel and a U2 song will be on the new one. Gotta love when that happens!

Wow. That is amazing. ESP isn't a phoney.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom