U2.com's latest subscription "gift"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow I'm so, so happy for having a new proshot video of Dirty Day. I've been waiting so many years for them to finally bring it back live and despite some negative opinions I've read here, I think this version is brilliant. Emotional, the 'telling story' narrative works well, love the reworked arrangement with the new backtrack effects. The Zoo TV Sydney performance will most probably remain the ultimate version, but this one is great on its own merits and so different that it's really hard to compare them. Overall the whole DD-ZS-The Fly-Stay-Horses segment is fantastic plus great that we also have Gloria in.

And to those who like to bitch about U2 setlists - if anyone would tell me 10-15 years ago that in a future 4 years span we would see live such gems as Dirty Day, October, Two Hearts Beat as One (!), Exit (!!), Red Hill Mining Town (!!!... well this one was not mindblowing but at least they gave it a shot), Acrobat (! x infinity) I would have hard time believing it. I feel really proud as a U2 fan, they did great job at revisioning their back catalogue :)

Like like on all of this, no more bitching about set lists ever. :). Well except for changing it up each night more than just a couple songs, LOL!

btw ? Fuck these guys for giving NA the innocence tour part 2 instead of this setlist

Let me once again reiterate that I have no regrets about canceling my membership due to the ticket snafu and missing a U.S. tour for the first time since I started following the band 30 years earlier.

But damn, I do wish I had looked closer into going to a show in Europe.

Also, thanks for your generosity, Dan!

I guess the full show was taken down on youtube

Any other alternatives to watching it? I was planning on checking it out tonight or tomorrow

Finally watching this on the big screen for the first time. Really amazing set list, and cool performance of NYD. I didn’t watch a ton of video from this tour other than the first couple shows. Really well filmed/edited too.

Lights of Home sucks the air out of the room; it shouldn't be the second song in the set. You need to keep the energy up, and that sing-a-long at the end would be more effective further into the show.

I agree and disagree. Yeah it's not a fast 2nd song. But it's not like it was a hard rock concert. Or a show where the average age of the attendees is under 45. I think they were more concerned with having a thematic show over a banger.

Lights of Home sucks the air out of the room; it shouldn't be the second song in the set. You need to keep the energy up, and that sing-a-long at the end would be more effective further into the show.
If it had been the album version it would be better,the strings kill the momentum after the blackout.

I bit the bullet and bought the DVD. Watched the show this past Saturday and man it blew me away. I think this is their best DVD since ZooTV or Elevation. Great direction and the band is really into it. I like how they put a focus on the band members playing their instruments.

The one thing I really like about 'Lights of Home' is the visuals. The blue/stars is pretty epic. That blew me away in Vegas. Song is a little slow but its ok as they rip into IWF & Gloria right after.

Setlist is great too. The Dirty Day - Wild Horses segment is beyond anything I thought they'll ever do again. I wish Red Flag Day or Land Lady would have made it in.

If anything U2 Live is still going strong based on this show.

The one thing I really like about 'Lights of Home' is the visuals. The blue/stars is pretty epic. That blew me away in Vegas. Song is a little slow but its ok as they rip into IWF & Gloria right after.

When I saw it live I didn’t realize the walkway tilted up as he walked toward the b stage during Lights of Home. Very cool.

I bit the bullet and bought the DVD. Watched the show this past Saturday and man it blew me away. I think this is their best DVD since ZooTV or Elevation. Great direction and the band is really into it. I like how they put a focus on the band members playing their instruments.

Setlist is great too. The Dirty Day - Wild Horses segment is beyond anything I thought they'll ever do again. I wish Red Flag Day or Land Lady would have made it in.

If anything U2 Live is still going strong based on this show.

This show would have been a contender for best live release if it had RFD after Gloria, and Landlady somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom