U2.com's latest subscription "gift"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got this email:

Thanks for your patience in waiting for news on the special gift that comes with your 2015 U2.com subscription - we can now update you on release details.

First up, we have a confirmed tracklisting for 'Another Time Another Place'.

You'll find it here - including the news that this double 10" vinyl live release just became even more special. Bono has recorded his own reflections on those early shows at London's Marquee Club and they feature on Side 4.

With the album now in manufacturing, we'll be emailing you with dispatch details for different countries in the next few weeks. In the meantime next month you'll be able to start downloading some of the tracks.

best wishes

The U2.com Team.

From the U2.com link:

Bono's recorded a special contribution to the upcoming vinyl release 'Another Time, Another Place'.

The double 10" album, produced for U2.com subscribers, captures the band playing live at London's Marquee Club in 1980, as they took early songs on the road across Ireland and the UK.

On Side 4 of the the limited edition set, Bono looks back to September 1980, and four consecutive Mondays that the band played the famous Soho venue.

'The first Monday it was half full, the second Monday nearly full, the third Monday they had to turn people away, the fourth Monday, there were queues round the block, across the road and Wardour Street looked like an A-bomb had landed on it – we thought of it as "The Irish Invasion" – it’s incredible what a few hundred people believing in you does for your self confidence...'

Here's the track listing.

The Ocean
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
I Will Follow
An Cat Dubh - Into The Heart
A Day Without Me
The Electric Co.
Things To Make and Do
Stories For Boys
Boy Girl
Out of Control
Another Time, Another Place: U2 At The Marquee Club, September 1980 by Bono

'Another Time, Another Place' is now in production and we'll be emailing qualifying subscribers with dispatch details in the next few weeks. In May we'll also start making the tracks available to download.

No Marquee club setlists from the time have ATAP on them. The name of the album just refers to their nostalgia. Great to have this news. From Bono's comments, it will probably be the show from 29 September. The 11 o'clock second play is all that is missing.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Damnit I wish they'd given the date, because if that's from one of the shows for which we presently don't have a setlist, I'd love to add it to U2gigs.

Damnit I wish they'd given the date, because if that's from one of the shows for which we presently don't have a setlist, I'd love to add it to U2gigs.

You'll get SOMETHING unless it's the 29th. Given the SB recording exists of the 22nd it could well be that night

Yeah I think the 22nd is most likely. Would be very happy to complete that setlist (or almost complete it, since I presume there was an encore).

Every Breaking Wave's radio mix is now available for subscribers to download.

And it's fantastic. Ever since the B-Side version came out on the deluxe CD I kept hoping they'd remaster it. The CD version of all of the "acoustic" sessions are... lacking.

Not only is it properly mastered, but there's some fantastic ambiance added.

Anyone have any idea what the dimensions are for the North Side Story poster? I want to get the thing framed.

another update from U2.com:

If you subscribed or resubscribed to U2.com and chose to receive the double vinyl album 'Another Time, Another Place', a third track is now available for you to download.

Download 'I Will Follow'
(Click on your name in the top right corner of the page and select Account Info. See Subscriber Downloads, located under your User Information on the left.)

Once you've given the song a good airing, tell us what you think of it below.

Manufacturing of physical albums is completed this month. Dispatch begins mid-July. You'll receive a confirmation email as soon as yours is on the way.

Has everyone had the shipped notice? Not had anything yet

Hopefully they are shipping them in batches, not had email yet

I got a shipping notice saying it was sent to my old address. I changed my address at U2.com when I moved in June. I replied to the shipping notice telling them they had sent it to my old address and that I had updated my profile over a month ago. The reply I got was less than helpful with them saying that all orders get sent to the original order address. This would be fine if the order was processed at that time, but I renewed in January long before I even knew I was moving in June. I have written back again pleading my case, but I'm not that hopeful. Unfortunately, I didn't just move across town, but moved about 700km. I put in a change of address with Canada Post, but this is coming via UPS. It's all very frustrating to say the least.

I got a shipping notice saying it was sent to my old address. I changed my address at U2.com when I moved in June. I replied to the shipping notice telling them they had sent it to my old address and that I had updated my profile over a month ago. The reply I got was less than helpful with them saying that all orders get sent to the original order address. This would be fine if the order was processed at that time, but I renewed in January long before I even knew I was moving in June. I have written back again pleading my case, but I'm not that hopeful. Unfortunately, I didn't just move across town, but moved about 700km. I put in a change of address with Canada Post, but this is coming via UPS. It's all very frustrating to say the least.

I had the same experience - very frustrating! I moved in Feb, and updated my details immediately. You'd think they would have a standard procedure for this

Got my e-mail yesterday and came home from work today to find the package. It's really nice!! Well done boys. Now where are the rest of the download links?!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom