U2 Aust tickets - just had a brainwave...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There havent been many general admission gigs at Telstra Stadium - only Rumba I think? I've heard gates will open as of 4pm on the day... this sounds too eartly to me - and may be pushed back. I recommend getting there on the first train in the morning - which is 7-ish. They will NOT allow overnight queues - and you WILL be asked to move on if you try - we got told that this morning!

As for a second show - the venue has March 30 on stand by, as well as April 01 - one is listed as a raindate - in case it gets washed out - which is a possibility for late March in Sydney... So if the first sells out (which we expect to happen within an hour to 80 minutes based on forecasted interest) a second show will be announced immediately. The on sale date will most probably be the same day... of course if I learn more, I'll let you know. BTW the U2.com presale has left lots of GA tickets at Sydney - so dont stress! :)

I think quite a few A reserve seats went ($199) and a fair few were from the USA and Canada - as well as the UK. Not many presales went to local buyers at all. Oh, and if anyone was waiting to buy their Backstreet Boys tickets (which went on sale today) you better hurry! Those tickets are outta here!

timothius said:
Good thoguhts puppy! :up:

Quick question... are there any phone numbers for Ticketek sales that aren't widely published that would be less congested? :shh:

So I'm not going to read a whole thread about a country that I sadly cannot afford to go to either for a tourism visit or a u2 visit, and therefore must apologize if this has been said. But I know that in the US you can get through on ticketmaster numbers to places like North Dakota or Montana where there isn't a concert in a 400 mile radius. You might want to look into Tiketek numbers/outlets in u2-neglected areas.

I've heard for Sydney the U2.com membership presale was less than 2000 tickets. And yep - looks like the Backstreet Boys will sell out - if not tonight, over the weekend! As for quieter numbers due to the expected influx all queue lines will go straight to the call centre :(

b_m here:

Today I called Ticketmaster at Aspley, usually the quietest, out of the way ticket office in Brisbane. The women told me since the tour had been announced they have had 2500 calls about U2!!!!!!!!

For Brisbane...for Aspley....thats ALOT of calls!! I was planning on showing up a few hours before....

Can I borrow a sleeping bag?

Puppy you're a legend. Thanks for the tips. If it weren't for you, I would probably
a) stress out all night Sunday night about GA tix.

b) turn up on the 30th March outside Telstra Stadium arguing with the 'doorman'.

So you reckon 7am would pretty much 'guarantee' you front row spots in the stadium?

Cant say it would guarantee you - once those gates open, you need to get your ticket scanned, bag checked and then pissbolt across the field to the barrier - best of luck though!! :) Being first in line will help!

Ok, i'm not gonna bring my bag... just a wallet, a phone, keys and my U2 ipod :) Best of luck on Monday morning everyone!!!

Thanks again Pup

Me too. But i went to my ticketmaster outlet today and they said 4 people were already camping out. That was like at 12 in the arvo. Now I'm worried.

Good luck everyone!

I'm sending positive vibes your way. :yes:

(of course with my sense of direction they will probably get lost.... :uhoh: :reject: )

i'm excited too!!! what? people are camping out already?? it makes me wonder if i should be... how many people are using the internet? i think the only ticket i'll try and get offline is sydney because i have a ticketek near me which i don't think will have a line up. i hope. lol.

After the lady at ticketmaster told me a few were already waiting. I went and had a look for myself and there were 4 people there. But her advice was to be there at about 5am but I think just to be on the safeside we'll go at 12 now and you know amuse ourselves with Uno.

lol, this is CRAZY. but i'm sure it'll be a lot of fun meeting other U2 nuts. Have you guys heard rumours about the new album next year? atu2.com

Gold Coast outlets have people waiting too, heading down shortly :drool:

I saw in tour discussions that the 2nd Syd show will be the day before (30th) the show on sale first tomorrow (31st). Are we still right with puppys feelings that it will go on sale as soon as the first sells out, or at the same time as the 31st show?

Anyone know anything more about Syd?

Its the perfect night on the Gold Coast btw, no clouds, warm air...ahhh :wink:

fullautoreverse said:
Its the perfect night on the Gold Coast btw, no clouds, warm air...ahhh :wink:

Makes a nice change, eh? I've had two overnight power outages from those bloody storms ... :mad:

I have a dilemma......

I have my four presale tickets - yay me - but lots of my friends were not eligible.

Now, I can go line up tomorrow, from the morning, because they all have to work, but they declined my kind offer. So I made other plans....

But now I see there are people lining up already!

What am I to do? Tell them this news, and change my plans back to the original where I line up for them, or say nothing and hope they score tickets anyway???

hmm... i don't know. actually i don't know if i could be bothered lining up for someone else, especially if i already had my tickets. i mean i wouldn't line up all night, anyway. but if you're gonna line up tomorrow, then maybe you should tell them... see what they say... how important are your other plans?

I would really just be back up. They are going to try over the net. I could go tomorrow, it would not be that difficult....

I will just tell them and they can decide what they want to do.

The guilt will keep me awake otherwise!

Back
Top Bottom