U2 and TIVO - aka: what to record

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes...Dec. 10. I set my tivo...think it was 8-8:30. During the NYC concert MTV originally said the 8th and it was listed that way in the NY Times. An update is that it is 12/10 at 8:00 CST. It is on MTV Jammed--U2 live. :) It was a great show....set your recorders. I pray the footage recorded of me crying (front row- center stage) during Miracle Drug (after his spill about song's meaning) is on the editing room floor.....I

I still cant believe it is set for only 1/2 an hour... probably a little behind the scenes, Vertigo, ABOY, Beautiful Day and something else... :madspit:

Give us an hour!!

I finally caught the last 15 min or so of it last Friday night before the fav video block. :) Loved it if I could have recorded it, though.

MTV showed U2 makes a video at 12:30 am - central time, this morning. I just happened to be up and came in a few minutes late. It was good, but just 30 min. and it was over. :eyebrow: Great show and lot's of comments by the guy's. :cool: Info on how the graphics were done, etc. Would like to see all of it but my cable co. doesn't carry MTV2. Don't know if MTV will carry it again. I don't see it on the schedule on rock on tv. :( (for MTV, anyway)

Tivo finally picked up Jammed

Friday Dec. 10th 9:00 pm . 30 Minutes :madspit:

Also, I have an alert for Band Aid. Tivo picked up More than Music - Band Aid: Do They Know it's Christmas (2004).

There should be some Bono action :drool:

Miroslava said:
Tivo finally picked up Jammed

Friday Dec. 10th 9:00 pm . 30 Minutes :madspit:

Also, I have an alert for Band Aid. Tivo picked up More than Music - Band Aid: Do They Know it's Christmas (2004).

There should be some Bono action :drool:

This could well be the same documentary that I recorded from BBC2 and sent Dave Gorman a vcd mpeg of. I'm waiting for him to seed a torrent of it ;)

I PAY 150 bucks a month for Comcast cable, hdtv, dvr, digital and a couple of movie channels and why the hell can't I get BRAVO???????

Thanks for the info, nonetheless. :)

Anyone catch Sometimes You Can't Make It..., :heart: on the OC tonight. It was at the very end and played for about 2 min. It sounded soo good. Just hung up from a phone call and heard the first sounds and immediately turned it up. :hyper:
Wish they would have played the entire song. But oh well, can't have everything:wink:
The Killers were on there too. Good music night on the OC. :up:

sue4u2 said:
Anyone catch Sometimes You Can't Make It..., :heart: on the OC tonight. It was at the very end and played for about 2 min. It sounded soo good. Just hung up from a phone call and heard the first sounds and immediately turned it up. :hyper:
Wish they would have played the entire song. But oh well, can't have everything:wink:
The Killers were on there too. Good music night on the OC. :up:

Agreed, great music night on OC. I do believe that U2 has the distinction as perhaps the only band over 30 to be on the OC (?)! WOuld be lovely to have this on the next OC Mix... Great night to have two of my favorites together!

Yup. 6:30 EST.

Sorry, the fact that I can even get through the day in the state of U2 overdose my brain is in is amazing to me...

:reject:

Miroslava said:
Yup. 6:30 EST.

Sorry, the fact that I can even get through the day in the state of U2 overdose my brain is in is amazing to me...

It's okay, that happens to all of us. :) :hug:. Thanks for telling us of this, by the way-I'll have to write this one down.

Man, 6:30 am eastern...that'd be 4:30 am here...can I manage to stay awake that long?

Yeah, if it's for something involving U2, I think I can. :).

Angela

:up:

For the UK....

BBC1 Monday 6th December 22.35-23.35

Band Aid 20: Behind the scenes of the new Do They Know It's Christmas? release

This special documentary presents behind-the-scenes access to Bob Geldof and Midge Ure's recent remake of their charity single. Using today's singers, the team aimed to create a modern sound without losing the song's central message. Will Young and Robbie Williams are among those giving it their all. But some things never change - Bono's memorable rendition of the line, 'Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you', remains intact.

:)

:up:

Band Aid: The Making of (Documentary)
Starting: 20:20 on Tuesday 7th December. Duration: 40 minutes
Showing on VH1 UK.

Making The Video (Music)
Starting: 23:30 on Tuesday 7th December. Duration: 30 minutes
Showing on MTV2.

Best of U2 (Entertainment)
Starting: 09:30 on Wednesday 8th December. Duration: 30 minutes
Showing on The Music Factory.

Making The Video (Music)
Starting: 15:30 on Wednesday 8th December. Duration: 30 minutes
Showing on MTV UK.

The Million Dollar Hotel (Film)
Starting: 23:50 on Wednesday 8th December. Duration: 1 hour and 55 minutes
Showing on BBC2

CNN, People in the News

Dec 18 03:00am MST
Dec 18 09:00am MST
Dec 18 03:00pm MST
Dec 19 12:00pm MST
Dec 19 05:30pm MST

"Bono; Kevin Bacon"
Bono's latest album with his band, U2; actor Kevin Bacon stars in ``The Woodsman.''

:)

You may want to keep an eye on MTV today. Caught a fairly long MTV News piece this morning with footage from Brooklyn and an analysis of HTDAAB about U2 coming full circle and referencing itself (they meant this in a positive way, not a slight). Also keep an eye on music video hours (the couple they have per day). I was able to catch the Brooklyn Vertigo video!:wink:

Miroslava said:
You may want to keep an eye on MTV today. Caught a fairly long MTV News piece this morning with footage from Brooklyn and an analysis of HTDAAB about U2 coming full circle and referencing itself (they meant this in a positive way, not a slight). Also keep an eye on music video hours (the couple they have per day). I was able to catch the Brooklyn Vertigo video!:wink:

:up: I've seen this twice this morning while getting ready for an interview. It comes on 10 min. before the hour. Great shots of U2 from the Boy era, (stories for boys/Hello,Hello reference) UF/COBL reference, JT (with or without you), CFYT. and references to ATYCLB. Last about 5 min but it is packed with great shots of the band. Including very quick interviews with the Edge and Bono. I caught it at 10 min to 7 & 9. actually It's on now.

CANNOT wait till Jammed tomorrow night!!!!! I have been waitint 2 weeks!

MIROSLAVA: I ordered the same dvd of the NYC performance....do u still think it is worth it? (I know the answer, I hope :)

Miroslava said:

Are they going to be playing this at other times later today and tonight, too? 'Cause I just flipped over to MTV earlier and the MTV News thing wasn't on...will it be showing again later, I wonder?

Also...there's a DVD of this Brooklyn performance?

Angela

If you ordered from the dude I ordered, it is worth it ree! Did you see my post about you being in the Vertigo Video??

Angela, there is a DVD shot on site of the entire performance, not pro quality, but pretty good nonetheless!

NOOOOO you are not!!!!! WOW...that is so fantastic! What were you doing? Could u see us (doubtfully)....

Yes, I ordered from the guy who's email u sent me...18 bucks. I wanted to get it by tomorrow since my friend is coming from out of town to watch Jammed w/ me (the one who stood beside u). I doubt I will get it by then...I hope the sound and video quality is good (well, as good as possible considering....)

Congrats on the video!!!!

EDIT:
WAIT>>>>>>>>did you say I am in it?????

Let me go back and find the post..... I didn't see your post, obviously...is it here in this thread?

Hey...Maybe I am in my overload mindset...could you direct me to your post?
thanks.....

Last edited:
I don't even know where I posted it. It is in one of the 100 Brooklyn threads. You and your friend are visible if somewhat obscured by the chick that squeezed in between your friend an I :|

I am only visible if you strategically pause the tape and only about 3/4 of my face... :(

VERY cool. I cannot wait to get my DVD so I can see it. I am glad it is on the dvd that way I can keep it and the whole country won't see me if I look completely loopy (which I totally was). That concert sseems like 100 years ago. I so wish I could go back.....

COUNTING THE MINUTES UNTIL TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!!

(& dvd arrives :) Thanks for the reply Miroslava.

No, no. We are not anywhere on the DVD. This is on the video MTV is playing for the second performance of Vertigo. You are indeed on National TV! :wink:

Apologies for taking this off topic

Last edited:
:ohmy: No way! I cannot believe it. I have been saying this whole time that I would be edited out....middle aged/ had 2 kids/ haggered self would end up on the editing room floor.....

I am totally laughing out loud. I suppose I should go watch MTV for the rest of the night.......I hope I am not picking my nose. TIVO is set...maybe I can get it and watch it before school.

Too funny:
2nd grade teacher by day-
video groupie by night!!!

my apologies too...I atleast mentioned TIVO, does that count??
Jammed: 8 Central :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom