u2 360 Boxscore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen any articles yet claiming an expected amount, but here is what's left on ticketmaster. with these results I'm guessing there will be around 64,000 tomorrow.

June 7 Oakland Alameda County Coliseum
$250 first deck singles
$250 second deck singles
$95 first deck sold out
$95 second deck singles
$95 third deck singles
$55 GA sold out
$55 second deck sold out
$30 first deck singles
$30 second deck sold out
$30 third deck multiples

Wonder how this would look if they had used Ticketmaster's new interactive seating map :wink:

I had seen in the Anaheim thread that a stadium rep said that 31,000 tickets were only sold for Anaheim II. Hard to believe, before the shows were postponed, that second one was close to selling out.

Wonder how this would look if they had used Ticketmaster's new interactive seating map :wink:

I had seen in the Anaheim thread that a stadium rep said that 31,000 tickets were only sold for Anaheim II. Hard to believe, before the shows were postponed, that second one was close to selling out.

the second show is actually selling better than the first show according to what you find on ticketmaster. i'd expect 90-95 thousand in attendance for both shows. both shows were very close to sell outs last year.

Jun 17 Anaheim Angel Stadium
$250 lower level 101 multiples
$250 lower level 114 singles
$250 lower level 201 multiples x4 close to selling out
$250 middle level 301 multiples x2 close to selling out
$95 lower level 101 sold out
$95 lower level 114 sold out
$95 lower level 201 singles
$95 middle level 301 sold out
$95 top level 401 singles
$95 top level 501 singles
$55 GA sold out
$55 lower level 201 sold out
$55 middle level 301 sold out
$55 outfield 236 singles
$55 top level 401 singles
$55 top level 501 singles
$30 lower level 114 sold out
$30 outfield 257 singles
$30 outfield 236 singles
$30 top level 501 singles

Jun 18 Anaheim Angel
Stadium
$250 lower level 101 singles
$250 lower level 201 singles
$250 middle level 301 singles
$95 lower level 101 singles
$95 middle level 301 singles
$55 GA sold out
$55 outfield 236 sold out
$55 top level 401 sold out
$30 outfield 257 sold out
$30 outfield 236 singles

with the sections that say "singles" you would see a few single available seats scattered over that section.

the section that says "multiples" will have a series of seats with more than 8 available in a row, but it's hard to say just how many.

In the case where there are only x4 or x2 with that anaheim show there would only be up to 4 in a row available or in pairs scattered over that certain section.

the second show is actually selling better than the first show according to what you find on ticketmaster. i'd expect 90-95 thousand in attendance for both shows. both shows were very close to sell outs last year.

Jun 17 Anaheim Angel Stadium
$250 lower level 101 multiples
$250 lower level 201 multiples x4 close to selling out
$250 middle level 301 multiples x2 close to selling out
$95 lower level 101 sold out
$95 middle level 301 sold out
$55 GA sold out
$55 outfield 236 singles
$55 top level 401 singles
$30 outfield 257 singles
$30 outfield 236 singles

Jun 18 Anaheim Angel
Stadium
$250 lower level 101 singles
$250 lower level 201 singles
$250 middle level 301 singles
$95 lower level 101 singles
$95 middle level 301 singles
$55 GA sold out
$55 outfield 236 sold out
$55 top level 401 sold out
$30 outfield 257 sold out
$30 outfield 236 singles

These Los Angeles shows are doing great. I always wondered why they did not add a second show in Oakland because intial sales were really fast. But a second show means filling another show in 360 and at 65,000 thats difficult to do.

Name one source that you have sited and that can be verified by us through an internet link or another way in which it could be looked up by someone!
Name one source that you have sited and that can be verified by us through an internet link or another way in which it could be looked up by someone. Were looking for someone actually mentioning strategic scheduling and its level of impact on cities not visited.

My points are ALL backed up with compelling evidence. And there is NO compelling evidence that shows I'm wrong about my points. Yet, you STILL continue to ignore it.

:applaud: Exactly! Thats why 2nd or 3rd tier seats on Division Bell were priced at $22.50 instead of the average of $34. At $34 dollars, they would not have been able to sell many of the seats. $22.50 price brought people in who would not go for the higher prices. More tickets sold equals higher gross.

There is just as much evidence for strategic pricing as their is for strategic scheduling. The individual results of Momentary and Division Bell easily show the impact of strategic pricing. If Pink Floyd had just charged a single $34 dollars price, nose bleed seats would have been empty in several area's, and than band would have lost money from tickets sold near the stage at only $34 dollars which could have been sold at $75 dollars. Both situations would have substantially reduced the gross for each show.

So Pink Floyd experienced a significant increase in gross due to tiered pricing of tickets VS if they had just charged an average ticket price for ALL seats in the venue. This is why nearly all major tours today used some form of tiered pricing.

My example was that of even HIGHER priced concerts in the modern age. Not The Division Bell tour, where the VAST majority of the tickets sold were very affordable hence the roughly $34 average price.
roll.gif

ONCE AGAIN, good luck trying to EVEN COME CLOSE to proving the above.

AND ONCE AGAIN, the REAL reason why The Division Bell tour was a higher grossing tour than the A Momentary Lapse of Reason tour, was because between 1987-1994, inflation increased 25-30% and Floyd's album sales increased 60-70%. This is beyond obvious when you look at concert stats & boxscores when comparing both tours and the individual markets that were hit on both tours. The demand levels for MANY other artists are also mostly based on this formula (U2, Rush, etc.), though the variables will obviously differ...

1. Is this for inflation? otherwise it doesnt make any sense.

2. I am not denying tens of thousands travel to see U2, so I'm not trying to argue that case. what I was denying was your comment about 10,000 from New Mexico and 10,000 from Utah when the state of colorado has a bigger population than New Mexico and Utah combined. No one in this forum can say how many people came from where to a single concert, its impossible. U2FanPeter commented on the thousands at the Northwest border, which I'm not denying either because those thousands could have come from N. Cali, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Montana and from flights coming into seattle. If you have proof from the border patrol that they were all from washington then I'll believe it, otherwise forget it. I am just trying to bring objectivity to this forum.

1. No, they're not based on inflation. Once the boxscores were released for both shows, I made a note of what the gross was in Canadian dollars, since they're listed in USD. And hence, Madonna's 2008 BC Place Stadium show in Vancouver, was the second highest grossing show in Vancouver history.

2. Again, the population of New Mexico and Utah and/or the differences of, shouldn't be considered an issue. You have to look at the demand levels of the artist in question and their draw in these regions. It's not impossible to figure out basically how many fans from New Mexico and Utah were at the Denver 360 show, but it is hard to know exactly. Regardless, it's beyond obvious there were basically 20,000+ fans from Utah and New Mexico at the Denver 360 show. And not only because of the reasons I've already gone over but also because when analyzing Denver's demand levels even dating back to the 80s, it's just not possible that Metro Denver alone could've grossed more than $4-$4.5 million at the 360 Denver show this year...

What's the point of this endless discussion about Muse and BEP anyway?
The majority of the openers are theatre acts in the markets they opened for U2. Claiming openers have brought in 10% of the total gross, therefore, is absolutely ridiculous.
By the way, Vegas and LA sold out before opening acts have been announced.

Edit:
U2 Announce 360-Degree Tour Details, First U.S. Dates
So, in fact, I was wrong. Black Eyed Peas and Snow Patrol have been announced on March 09. So Moggio was lying when he said that he didn't know about the opening acts when he made his prediction of the first Norh American Leg.

Just about every single sentence of the above is BS. We've gone over this MILLIONS OF TIMES ALREADY. NO ONE has utilized stronger openers for their tours than U2 has for the 360 tour. Tour schedules, stats, artists' demand levels and boxscores confirm this.
:rolleyes:

My points are ALL backed up with compelling evidence. And there is NO compelling evidence that shows I'm wrong about my points. Yet, you STILL continue to ignore it.

Ok, then why can't you do the following?

Name one source that you have sited and that can be verified by us through an internet link or another way in which it could be looked up by someone. Were looking for someone actually mentioning strategic scheduling and its level of impact on cities not visited.

My example was that of even HIGHER priced concerts in the modern age. Not The Division Bell tour, where the VAST majority of the tickets sold were very affordable hence the roughly $34 average price.
roll.gif

[/COLOR][/FONT]

Thats when the modern age began in terms of concert ticket pricing. 1994 was a turning point. Pink Floyd's Division Bell tour was the first large scale global rock tour to use tiered pricing and the benefits were huge. If $34 dollars is a affordable, $22.50 is a steal! Plus the $75 dollars tickets are more than double the average! If U2 had used tiered pricing similar to this on ZOO TV, attendance and gross would have been even higher.

2. Again, the population of New Mexico and Utah and/or the differences of, shouldn't be considered an issue. You have to look at the demand levels of the artist in question and their draw in these regions. It's not impossible to figure out basically how many fans from New Mexico and Utah were at the Denver 360 show, but it is hard to know exactly. Regardless, it's beyond obvious there were basically 20,000+ fans from Utah and New Mexico at the Denver 360 show. And not only because of the reasons I've already gone over but also because when analyzing Denver's demand levels even dating back to the 80s, it's just not possible that Metro Denver alone could've grossed more than $4-$4.5 million at the 360 Denver show this year...

The Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang Tour
November 24, 2005
Denver Colorado
Pepsi Center
GROSS: $2,707,590
ATTENDANCE: 15,091
CAPACITY: 15,385
SHOWS: 1
SELLOUTS: 0
Average Ticket Price: $179.42

So how many fans from New Mexico and Utah traveled to this show?

The Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang Tour
November 24, 2005
Denver Colorado
Pepsi Center
GROSS: $2,707,590
ATTENDANCE: 15,091
CAPACITY: 15,385
SHOWS: 1
SELLOUTS: 0
Average Ticket Price: $179.42

So how many fans from New Mexico and Utah traveled to this show?

360 played Denver on a Saturday in May, first US show in 18 months.

Denver B-Bang was a Thursday in November that also happened to be day after THANKSGIVING!!!! 2000 - 2005 Holiday Dates

Actually there is no proof of that. NONE! I would think it had an impact, but I can't prove it. The show was delayed and placed at the end of the tour which also drives up sales. Again, there is no way to prove one way or the other unless you knew precisely who purchased their tickets because of the opening act.

I missed this earlier.

Vertigo Hawaii significantly altered and added to the seating format(stadium has moving stands) in the building when it was postponed and Pearl Jam was added. It was always the final date fo the tour.

Probably because the promoter didn't want to report poor results.

We still don't have most of the last leg of Bigger Bang thanks to Michael Cohl blocking the results.

While that may be frequently true, there have been some curious omissions.

Vancouver 3 Tenors was the probably the worst of the bunch gross wise. Streisand didn't report her $12mil gross for 2 arena shows in Vegas in 1993. Robbie Williams didn't report his 375,000 tickets sold at Knebworth 2003. The Jaguares didn't report their unconfirmed 104,000 done at Azteca Stadium one night in 2001.

Where did I say Sinatra "never toured outside Vegas/AC"?:wave: Where did I say Sinatra NEVER had tiered ticket prices? :hyper:Where did I say they he never charged more than $30 dollars?:hyper:

Now, if you have any boxscore information that would show that Pink Floyd's Division Bell Tour was not the first major global tour to use tiered pricing, lets see it.

Using matching emoticons I connections your questions to answers.

:wave:Again, were interested in major tours by Rock and pop artist across the entire country. Not a string of dates in Atlantic City or Las Vegas. :wave:LOL We want to see multiple boxscores from various cities and regions in North America.

Originally Posted by Maoilbheannacht:
:hyper:"The Division Bell Tour was the first major tour to be priced this way. Since then, nearly every other artist in the industry has followed this tactic for pricing. ":hyper:

Both of these major acts toured internationally on relatively thorough tours. Both were very sporadic with boxscore reporting and billboard online is missing months and months of issues from this time period.

Pavarotti
Freedom Hall
Louisville Kentucky
Jan 30th 1986
10,645/11,755
$500-$15

Sinatra
New Jersey Meadowlands
Dec 5-6 1987
38,974 sellout
$1,164,950
$35-$25

Just about every single sentence of the above is BS. We've gone over this MILLIONS OF TIMES ALREADY. NO ONE has utilized stronger openers for their tours than U2 has for the 360 tour. Tour schedules, stats, artists' demand levels and boxscores confirm this.
:rolleyes:

No they don't! :D
I don't want to copy paste any tour schedules, but just look them up on the artists' websites. I have already posted boxscores showing that Interpol are a theatre act in all markets they will open for U2 and that The Fray is a theatre act in Edmonton.

Please provide us some tour schedules and boxscores, proving that Snow Patrol, Interpol, Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, Florence & The Machine, Springbok Nude Girls, Glasvegas, OneRepublic, Razorlight and The Fray are strong openers in the markets they opened for U2 (73 shows!). NONE of the above artists can even gross close to 10% of what U2 have grossed in these markets, even not with their own show, their own stage, a full setlist and their own ticket prices! There is no doubt about that.

Then, of course, we have Muse who grossed an average of 6-7% in the same or close markets they opened for U2. Boxscores prove that. I'm sure I have already posted them in this thread or the other one. So even Muse could not gross more than 6-7% in the markets they opened for U2 with their own show, their own stage, a full setlist and their own ticket prices and after they had been able to increase their popularity in these markets by opening for U2. How would they have been able to contribute 10% as an opening act when they can't even gross that much on their own, after opening for U2?
Then there's Muse in South America. They've played theatres there in 2008 (the boxscore is available in the other thread). In 2011, they would need to be able to gross $3.3 million in Sao Paulo and $2 million in Argentinia with their own show, their own stage, a full setlist and their own ticket prices in order to contribute 10% to the U2 360° figures. We all know that this is insane.

We're talking a total of 89 shows of which openers did not contribute even close to 10% of the gross.

So I guess Jay-Z, the Black Eyed Peas and Elbow must have contributed about 30% on each show to get to an average of 10% :D

I thought the 10% rule applied more to attendance than gross?

The cheap seats are frequently the hardest ones to sell in some markets with so-so sightlines. Paying $15 for the opener and $15 for U2 is plausible for acts that have theater tickets in the $30 range themselves.

I'm trying to think of any articles that hint at what openers get payed on these major tours. I can't see most of the 360 acts feeling charitable with their time and resources.

360 played Denver on a Saturday in May, first US show in 18 months.

Denver B-Bang was a Thursday in November that also happened to be day after THANKSGIVING!!!! 2000 - 2005 Holiday Dates

I was only asking Moggio how many fans he thought traveled from Utah and New Mexico for the the Stones show in Denver.

But, I'll go ahead and respond to your Moggio routine.

Often in the United States, Thanksgiving weekend is a four day weekend. A perfect time to take a road trip! You don't even have to take off work! This would be an added boost both in Denver, but also for people having to travel long distances.

For U2, while having a show on a Saturday is good, its still just a regular weekend. Also, an outdoor show in May in Colorado is not the same as May shows in many other area's of the country. It can get cold at night outdoors. It snowed on POPMART.

I missed this earlier.

Vertigo Hawaii significantly altered and added to the seating format(stadium has moving stands) in the building when it was postponed and Pearl Jam was added. It was always the final date fo the tour.

Yes, but there is no way to prove that x number of people were there only for Pearl Jam.

Using matching emoticons I connections your questions to answers.

Both of these major acts toured internationally on relatively thorough tours. Both were very sporadic with boxscore reporting and billboard online is missing months and months of issues from this time period.

Pavarotti
Freedom Hall
Louisville Kentucky
Jan 30th 1986
10,645/11,755
$500-$15

Sinatra
New Jersey Meadowlands
Dec 5-6 1987
38,974 sellout
$1,164,950
$35-$25

Look, did Sinatra or Pavarotti launch any tours on the scale of U2, The Rolling Stones, Pink floyd, or any other major rock act? If we look at over 95% of major tours from the 1980s, are we going to find significant tiered pricing in any of them?

Oh, the Sinatra Boxscore above is not at all tiered pricing on the scale used by Pink Floyd on Division Bell and this is in an arena.

I thought the 10% rule applied more to attendance than gross?

LOL Sure you did. :wink:

The cheap seats are frequently the hardest ones to sell in some markets with so-so sightlines. Paying $15 for the opener and $15 for U2 is plausible for acts that have theater tickets in the $30 range themselves.

I'm trying to think of any articles that hint at what openers get payed on these major tours. I can't see most of the 360 acts feeling charitable with their time and resources

Most artist would jump at the chance to open for U2 given the massive exposure they get when playing in front of a U2 sized crowd! Once again, the benefit in many cases is not to the headliner, but to the opener!

Why else would a 1st week April show moved to the 2nd week of December have such an attendance fluctuation?

1. We don't have precise attendance figures or a boxscore for what would of happened in April.

2. For Americans, the show now takes place nearly a full year after all of the North American shows were completed.

3. Its an extra 8 months to promote and sell tickets!

Wow, your really digging in to the Moggio routine. :wink:

Look, did Sinatra or Pavarotti launch any tours on the scale of U2, The Rolling Stones, Pink floyd, or any other major rock act?

Yes, but he didn't need the fancy production or take 4-5 years between "tours". He also played stadiums on occasion from 1980-1994.

He regularly toured the globe until he was around 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom