U S Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, a Democrat, shot at public appearance!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. Actually, this August it will be 10 years since it happened.

What I never let myself forget about that time is that while my mom was in the ICU, one of my brother's good friends was hit by a truck stepping off the curb. He was about 3 beds over from my mom. They were able to keep him alive for about a day. His family, fiancee and friends had time to see him and say goodbye even though he was in a coma.

So my mom survived her accident, but this nice, healthy, 30 year-old guy didn't survive his.

The ICU and rehabilitation wards are horrible and wonderful, but also good places for introspection.

:ohmy: wow

:hug: for you and your bro

continued health & safeness for your mom

:ohmy: wow

:hug: for you and your bro

continued health & safeness for your mom

Thank you. That's very sweet.

My brother's friend was hit on campus at the U of Minnesota. On a sad note, it just happened again in the last week on campus. Three students were hit by a car; one's critical in a coma. It happens too often, seems like every couple of months.

I mention this because so many people are coming into town for the U2 show in Minneapolis. People speed too fast on the streets that run through campus, so everyone please be careful when headed to TCF Stadium for the concert.

^ Watched it.

Mark Kelly is really one of the good guys. And I've always thought Gabby was really a beautiful woman, even now. It's amazing to see the progress she's made.

The beautiful smile of a beautiful person

t1larg.giffords.spb.jpg

OK, I see now. I was misreading both whom he was referring to and what it was he wanted to "prevent."

Well, you won't get any arguments against funding mental health services from me, though I'm not sure that was the problem here. Loughner had been suspended from his college a year before, for example, and college officials had met with him and his parents and told them they'd only readmit him if he provided written certification from a psychiatrist/psychologist that he wasn't dangerous to himself or others. (Instead, he withdrew and no treatment was pursued.) It's not at all legally easy to commit someone of majority age to treatment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom