Two different WITS...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScooterXX7

The Fly
I remember hearing when it first came out a Window In The Sky with an extended intro, Bono saying something like "Can you feeeel" with a backing of "Ooooooohs" before the first verse. Then I'm hearing a version that cuts right into the first verse. Do these two versions have any other difference than the cut intro?

Do you think Window in the Sky will be on the new album?

The version that cuts right in is likely the first one that leaked, which was taped from when a radio station played it on the air. The outro of another song was transitioned into the intro of WITS. I haven't heard a version where WITS abruptly starts in the first verse, but my guess is that you've got a copy where someone edited out the other song's outro, thereby cutting off WITS's intro. There may of course be another version or two, though---I don't claim to have heard them all! :wink:

As for it being on the next album, I doubt it. For one, I don't think the band would re-release a song that's already been released. Also, Bono's been quoted as saying that U2:18 (and thus WITS included) marks the end of something for the band. That said, WITS does sound like the majority of the other beach clips, so it may be more related to what's ahead than what's behind. Eh, I'm rambling....the short answer is--who knows! :wink: But I'm leaning toward no.

I think he means the one with that awesome guitar play they didnt choose , 402 i think.

The two different versions of WITS i know of are-

The single (aka the one that was released in the shops and on U218) which is around 8 seconds longer, has a stronger drum beat and "I know I hurt you and made you cry" sound different

The radio version: This appeared on the net in November 2006 and was a recording of a radio station. It has a shorter beginning and a much better "I know I hurt you and made you cry" which is arguably the best line in the song

vRS said:
"I know I hurt you and made you cry" which is arguably the best line in the song

I reckon Bono wrote it with crayons.

Back
Top Bottom