Twilight Concert Series AKA Utah doesn't suck as bad as I usually say it does

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
The Twilight Concert Series AKA Utah doesn't suck as bad as I previously thought

Salt Lake City runs a series of free shows every Thursday at a nice out door venue through out July and August. Each night is a double bill Over the last few years, they've really turned it up a notch on getting quality acts. In 2007 I saw Yo La Tengo and the awesome double billing of Apostle of Hustle opening for Peter Bjorn and John. Last year Andrew Bird and Broken Social Scene. Here's the website:

2008 Twilight Concert Series

All of the dates for 2009 haven't been filled yet, nor have the openers been picked for all of them, but this is the mind blowingly awesome lineup that's been announced so far:

July 9 - Bon Iver & Jenny Lewis
July 16 - The Black Keys
July 23 - M. Ward
July 30 - Sonic Youth

I may need to leave work early, as I think I might have just soiled myself.

Not bad, not bad at all. Does this confirm that Scumby LUVS TWYLYTE?!?!

Thank god. I was afraid this had something to do with the book/movie.

The promoters may want to change the name, or they'll be overrun with 14 year old girls looking for their Edward. :yikes:

Thank god. I was afraid this had something to do with the book/movie.

The promoters may want to change the name, or they'll be overrun with 14 year old girls looking for their Edward. :yikes:

Twilight as in the Book and the movie has already had a concert series

Just found out today that Jenny Lewis was the girl from The Wizard, now this? Good omen for you, Scumbs.

Coincidentally, Jenny Lewis is also the girl from those dreams I have when I wake up all sticky.

jennylewis01.jpg

If you're referring to the Hottest Chick Around thread debacle, it's not my fault deep can't recognize a movie quote.

Just to clarify, the Twilight Concert Series has existed since the late '80's. There is absolutely no relation to the book and film which must not be named.

I think I will listen to some Bon Iver today in honor of these shows.

Seriously people. Sonic frigging Youth. For free. In Utah. Incredible.

Things I know about Utah include: Donny Osmond, Marie Osmond, all the other Osmonds, and Karl Malone. And some dinosaur.

But seriously that looks like quite a cool line-up, and for free too! Would think the Black Keys would be amazing live...

I thought nothing could beat the SY/Hold Steady show I saw for $6 last fall, but free SY? :drool:

I'm very jealous. I've been loving the Black Keys lately, and SY has become one of my favorite bands in the last year.

That series sounds really cool! I need to visit some Western states.

And I find it really sad that its impossible not to relate the word twilight with that stupid franchise whenever I see it anymore. :sad:

Mof--
Do you have a link for this wing-ding?

Sorry for the slow response, I went home for Easter festivities with the fam.

The link is in the first post, the site still isn't updated from last year though. Apparently the shows haven't been officially announced yet, but were leaked to a local newspaper or something.

In other "Utah may not entirely suck news", Death Cab for Cutie is playing here in July with mother f-in' Andrew Bird opening! I have a feeling tickets will sell out for that.

Death Cab for Cutie at Red Butte Garden (Salt Lake City, Utah) on 13 Jul 2009 – Last.fm

Yes. Yes, you do. :)

This summer seems likely to glue me to the East Coast, so I've resolved to explore some outdoors areas I've never been to. But I really want to do a cross-country road trip, one way through the Northern states maybe to Seattle, and through the desert/Southern states on the way back. I hope to convince people to do that next year/be able to myself. I'm also doing research for some documentary projects so trips to Haiti and the UK among other places that I'd like to do might prohibit that... oh and life/finances you know.

But U2's 2010 leg will definitely factor into my travel plans next year... I'll claim I'm doing research then too and get some sort of grant :lol:

Back
Top Bottom