Tour rumour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Perhaps Montreal is the first city? If the album comes out in early June, August 29th would be nearly 3 months away. Maybe they want to get some NA and Europe shows in this year, so they're doing a brief North American tour in Aug/Sep/Oct before the Europe tour that's rumored to begin in the UK in October? Hopefully!!!!

He also said that he wouldn't have much of a summer holiday, whatever the hell that means? At this point I wouldn't discount the Montreal tour rumor, but I'm not buying it either.

In the BBC interview,Edge said (about touring) that he' will be busy at the end of the year.

August is far from being the end of the year.

How is this any logic??? If the tour starts in august... they will be touring one leg for two months usually, so august september in Europe, then a short break, then half october - half december in the US. Wa HEY, the end of the year!

Well maybe they'll say SOMETHING to SOMEBODY this weekend at the Oscars to give us something more to speculate on. I predict more "lost in the music" vague-ness, though.

I'm not buying it. Especially with 2 album crap Bono is talking about. Ugh. Sorry for being negative nancy. Lol but we go thru this every time. It's getting old.

James Mercer has also talked about the "first record" which has been produced by Danger Mouse. And there have been various hints about U2 making a second album for some years now. Who knows, maybe it will happen.To me it sounds as if they do another album with different producers additional to the Danger Mouse one. This would also explain why the album hasn't been released yet even if, logically, it should have been ready for released late last year.

How is this any logic??? If the tour starts in august... they will be touring one leg for two months usually, so august september in Europe, then a short break, then half october - half december in the US. Wa HEY, the end of the year!

This poster does not deal in logic...

The tour must be penned in by now surely.

I mean u2.com are auctioning away a chance to meet Bono at a u2 show in the uk so there must be something planned.

It does say on the article that a tour is to be announced.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they have already designed and constructed the stage set and that they're currently rehearsing the new show.

I reckon the tour will kick off some time this summer.

SO perhaps the studio work now is trying to tie off a second album before tour committments start? They date for the first album and tour are likely set in stone now, and the don't NEED to announce the first one and hit promo mode yet. Maybe they feel that they can get the album done in time to concentrate on the first one from the release, start touring, and then drop album 2 for Xmas?

I don't think U2 can afford to release two albums in the same year. I'm still waiting for SoA, if it ever existed that is. If they're still in the studio it'll probably be because they're still tweaking the next album before its deadline.

They may finish the 2nd album in the coming months then release the 1st in June ,start touring arenas late summer finish up late winter/early spring 2015 ,release the 2nd album then tour stadiums for the rest of 2015/ early 2016

Sounds like a good plan.

Ok, so now with the rumor that they might be touring Latin America in the first few months of 2015 (see the new album thread), something tells me that the tour schedule could be something like this:

LEG #1 - Europe (1st leg)
LEG #2 - North America (1st leg)
LEG #3 - Latin America
LEG #4 - Australia/New Zealand/Japan
LEG #5 - North America (2nd leg)
LEG #6 - Europe (2nd leg)
LEG #7 - Middle East/South Africa

Of course, they could go the Madonna way and start in the Middle East, then go up to Europe and so on. But, I really think they will skip South Africa for this tour, at least. I'll be surprised if they skip Japan again.

It's nice to know that maybe we don't get the last shows.
Though, when they get here, they're always a tight music machine.

RECORD THE DVD IN CHILE, DAMMIT!! :angry:

They recorded their videos in...

Zoo TV: 5th Leg
PopMart: end of the 3rd Leg
Elevation: end of 1st Leg (Boston) / end of 2nd Leg (Slane)
Vertigo: middle of 1st Leg / ¿middle? of 2nd Leg (Milan) / 4th Leg (3D)
360: end of 2nd Leg

Yeah, it may be the 2nd leg, but a South American Stadium Show it's something to behold. I hope they do it (here in Chile, not in Argentina or Brazil :angry: )

Back
Top Bottom