Top (insert number here) most awesomely overrated U2 songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure Bullet is overated really, its the band who are in love with it rather than the fans

2861U2 said:
Where The Streets Have No Name
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
SYCMIOYO
SYCMIOYO
SYCMIOYO

See, this just shows how much tastes vary with U2 fans. You listed my all time favorite U2 song live or studio as their most overrated and its your first pick. Your other two choices I dont have a problem with being listed though, even though I wouldnt say they were necessarily overrated.

I will probably get crucified for my overrated though.

1. Acrobat - its OK, I think it gets so much attention just because they didnt do it live on Zoo TV. I dont think its that great of a song. Lyrics are alright and Edge's solo is good, It just doesnt work for me. Its the only song on Achtung Baby I will occassionally skip. (I'm sure many will disagree with me though. :laugh: )

2. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock - again its ok, the studio version is pathetic. Here is a song I wished they would have re-recorded in the studio during Boy, October or War. It was cool they played it on Elevation, just because it was different. But overall I think the song is kind of dull.

Honorable Mention, Wild Honey. I say honorable mention just because I dont think alot of fans really think its one of U2's great songs. But it and New York are the only songs on ATYCLB I dont care for much.

Lemon
Mercy
COBL
Mysterious Ways

And most of POP is overrated (on this board) except for Gone & Please which are great.

LemonMelon said:
WOWY
Acrobat
Unforgettable Fire
Bad (studio)
Love Is Blindness

Now, where did I put that flame shield? :drool:

Ahh...here it is:

istockphoto_842320_flame_boy.jpg

Nope. You're wrong.

Re: Re: Top (insert number here) most awesomely overrated U2 songs

YBORCITYOBL said:

:mad:

Takes out Flamethrower
(JUST JOKING) :wink:

My List:

Pride *runs and hides*
ISHFWILF (see above)
Miami - I think it must just be me that doesn't "get" this song but the love it gets here I think is way over the top.
Lemon - okay song but once again the love it receives here....
TTTYAATW - Bleh

Mostly wrong. You're correct on Miami.

phillyfan26 said:
1. Lemon
2. WGRYWH
3. Dirty Day (studio)
4. Any song from the final six tracks of ATYCLB that someone has named as being good.
5. Wire

And LemonMelon, I disagree with all five of your song choices, so prepare for a flamethrower battle.

Dirty Day is such a stinker, you get points for simply listing it.

Re: Re: Top (insert number here) most awesomely overrated U2 songs

Zootlesque said:

I fail to see how that song is overrated. I don't even see it discussed much round here. :scratch:

My picks would be:

1. Pride
2. One
3. Beautiful Day
4. Vertigo
5. Elevation

And I like many of those songs. It's just.. they're so overplayed.

You need to stop listening to crap radio and watching MTV.

1. Dirty Day. Wow, the praise this song gets here, simply rediculous.

2. Discotheque - It's only average by U2's standards. Get over it.

3. MOFO - Again, good song, very interesting for U2, but some people here treat it like the second coming of Christ. I'd rather listen to Wild Honey, thank you very much.

4. 40 - Heard it twice on the Vertigo Tour and I must say it's one boring way to end the show. Sure it's a classic in their catalogue and it's awesome hearing everyone sing together at the end, but there are easily 20 songs I'd rather hear at the end of a killer show like Vertigo. Meh. Not even one of their better album closers.

5. One, yeah, it's an awesome song, but when just about every critic, interviewer, biopic, and half the band's casual fans consider it the best thing they've ever done....mmmm....I'd say it's pretty awesomely overrated.

There's the correct list.

Lancemc said:
1. Dirty Day. Wow, the praise this song gets here, simply rediculous.

2. Discotheque - It's only average by U2's standards. Get over it.

3. MOFO - Again, good song, very interesting for U2, but some people here treat it like the second coming of Christ. I'd rather listen to Wild Honey, thank you very much.

4. 40 - Heard it twice on the Vertigo Tour and I must say it's one boring way to end the show. Sure it's a classic in their catalogue and it's awesome hearing everyone sing together at the end, but there are easily 20 songs I'd rather hear at the end of a killer show like Vertigo. Meh. Not even one of their better album closers.

5. One, yeah, it's an awesome song, but when just about every critic, interviewer, biopic, and half the band's casual fans consider it the best thing they've ever done....mmmm....I'd say it's pretty awesomely overrated.

There's the correct list.

You get a gold star.

You nailed the trifecta:

Discotheque
Mofo
Dirty Day

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom