To U2, the band, not their f**kin' principle management. IMPORTANT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MacPhisto066

The Fly
To U2, the band, not their f**kin' principle management.

I, like many others of your hardcore fanbase, have downloaded the new album. I have no explanation to give you, as I don't feel any remorse for my actions.

The reason for this is that I pledge at this day and time, that I will purchase How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb as soon as it hits the shelves, whether it be on november 23 or sonner. The downloading part was simply to ease the waiting of four long years that had become too difficult for the weak peopke we are.

Interference is a great site and the Interferencers are auguably your strongest defenders all across the world. I have always had a great deal of admiration for U2. With all due respect, take control of the idiots that serve you as Principle management, tell them to pull their heads from their rear ends, and do not harm Interference. They, we, are not the problem. We are respectful fans, and our words will be backed by our actions, come 15 days from now.

I welcome any of my fellow Interferencers to join me on this thread in supporting U2, the band. And also make a firm engagement they will buy the bew record, whether they have already downloaded it or not.

Cheers. See y'all on the road.

MacPhisto066 said:

I welcome any of my fellow Interferencers to join me on this thread in supporting U2, the band. And also make a firm engagement they will buy the bew record, whether they have already downloaded it or not.

:up:

I've downloaded it, and I've bought the $40.00 box set on Amazon.ca. I don't think I would have bought the box set, had I not known how brilliant this album is.

MacPhisto066 said:

I, like many others of your hardcore fanbase, have downloaded the new album. I have no explanation to give you, as I don't feel any remorse for my actions.

The reason for this is that I pledge at this day and time, that I will purchase How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb as soon as it hits the shelves, whether it be on november 23 or sonner. The downloading part was simply to ease the waiting of four long years that had become too difficult for the weak peopke we are.

Interference is a great site and the Interferencers are auguably your strongest defenders all across the world. I have always had a great deal of admiration for U2. With all due respect, take control of the idiots that serve you as Principle management, tell them to pull their heads from their rear ends, and do not harm Interference. They, we, are not the problem. We are respectful fans, and our words will be backed by our actions, come 15 days from now.

Uhhhhhh, have I missed something? Has PM threatened this site, or some of the members of this site?

MacPhisto066 said:

Amen!

Wish, no one knows for sure, but take a look at the "Important message from principle management to all U2 fans"

You will find the reasons as to why I'm doing this thread.

By the way, I apologize for all the mispelling. Goddamn keyboard.

I agree with the thread. I made a pledge to buy myself and my family each a copy. I did it last time when ATYCLB leaked so no worries from this fan.

Great album and please do not harm interference.com. It has been the best thing for music since the creation of vinyl.

:wink:

I would say that I don't see anything wrong with downloading the album if you are going to buy it. I do think that interference should have been a bit more careful about letting people post links to warez and pirated stuff. If someone comes down on them, that's their problem. Many web sites and forums explicitly forbid links to such... Besides, how hard is it for people to get the album on a p2p network? They have to get it here? Doesn't make any sense.... if they get in trouble, they've got no one else to blame but themselves.

I disagree Stoven. The downloading happened with too much force, too fast. It was impossible for only one site to get it under control in such a short delay.

Why, of all the pirates of this world, Interference (who really and genuinely support U2) should pay ?

I suppose you always respect the speed limit and do all your stops, right ? Of coursenot. None of us do. You see the point, my friend ?

Oh, and by the way, in response to the thread.... U2 is the best band in the world, and I will without a doubt buy the CD. I have all their CD's already, so why not have the complete set?

People who would rather download the album illegally are idiots... 10 years from now, they'll have nothing because the quality will suck. The quality of the download is NOT CD quality. And, their hard drives will probably fail and crash, then they'll have nothing :)

I PLEGDE ALLIGENCE TO THE BAND!!!.... AND TO BUYING THE ALBUM, AND THE U2 IPOD , AND TO TRAVELLING HALFWAY ACROSS THE WORLD TO SEE THEM LIVE BECAUSE CHANCE ARE THEY ARE STILL NOT GOING TO COME TO MEXICO.

I solemnly pledge to buy the album Nov 23 2004 I have already bought the limited edition as well from Amazon.
I will also buy the singles when they come out ...hopefully tommorrow
Yes i did download the whole album as well but
I have been a U2 fan and supporter for 11 years now i have bought every single book magazine single and album they have released..i will not stop ever supporting U2 i love the band very much! they mean too much to me.
And if U2 read this thank you guys for another wonderful magical soulful album!!!! :) :bow:
:dance:

You know while I support Interference, calling U2's management "idiots" will not sit well with the band or their management. No one I've seen has threatened this site directly. We all need to cool off until the threat is real.

And yes I will be buying a U2 iPod, the CD album and the digital box set.......

Yeah really. PM has done absolutely nothing to this site. Relax.

Oh and yes I've order the ipod, the collectors edition etc, etc, etc.

If anything they should consider giving us some commission since many of us are actually out there peddling their products.

Last edited:
Ordered my Ultra Super Deluxe Box Set today. Buying all 3 Vertigo singles tomorrow. I have the downloaded tracks, but they only wet my appetite for the real deal.

Can I propose a theory on the leaked CD?

Rumor has it that some people who attended the “Into The Heart” fest in Toronto were handed copies of the album by Universal reps. With BP Fallon in attendance and Bono on the phone speaking to the crowd, it would appear obvious that the band, Universal records Canada and Interscope all knew people were gathered in Toronto in the name of U2.

With pictures of the Ultra Deluxe Version of HTDAAB being leaked by Universal Canada a day or two before the leak of the CD, I am beginning to suspect the leak occurred on purpose and with Universal Canada’s blessing. Did the band endorse the move? Is this all just an elaborate twist to move up the release? Am I just a crackpot? :huh::huh: :huh:

If ANY of this is true....isn't Principle Management to blame? How can they blame us if they slipped and allowed this to happen? we are only human, and have waited 4 long years for new material.

Last edited:
stoven said:
Besides, how hard is it for people to get the album on a p2p network? They have to get it here?

hard. trust me. :crack:

The leak did not occur on purpose IMO. It's from the same release group that leaked the Eminem and Destiny's Child albums, among many others.

oh, topic? um yeah, I'll be buying multiple copies of the album. I pledge allegiance to U2!!111 :bow: :D

You know what really sucks, I was just reading another U2 forum and someone there actually found a little shop that was selling the CD today, and worse than this the person actually bought it.

I swear, if I saw a shop selling this CD today I would have probably gone to the police.

coach said:
I PLEGDE ALLIGENCE TO THE BAND!!!.... AND TO BUYING THE ALBUM, AND THE U2 IPOD , AND TO TRAVELLING HALFWAY ACROSS THE WORLD TO SEE THEM LIVE BECAUSE CHANCE ARE THEY ARE STILL NOT GOING TO COME TO MEXICO.

I pledge alligence...to the band...of Mr. Schneebly.

Er, what I meant was, I WILL buy the super ultra special edition boxset type thing of How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, because it's a bloody brilliant album. U2, you've saved my life again... I'll be with you until the end of the world. And everyone that has met me knows full well I will buy anything with Bono's face on it :D hell I'll buy anything that says "U2" unless all it talks about is spyplanes :p

I don't feel guilty about downloading the album, because when it's released I may be very busy and wouldn't have had time to properly listen to and digest it... How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb was the best thing that's happened to me all year. I got it at the exact right time - Dubya being re-elected, a lot of shit going on in my personal life (my computer at my mom's died...that's over 1000 Bono pictures LOST!!!!! and not to mention, y'know, my dad and stepmon are getting divorced, which, uh, REALLY sucks. a lot more than losing Bono pictures.)... but U2 came to lift me out of it all. It all seems bareable now that I know that I can listen to songs like Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own and Yahweh... despite all the shit that's going on, I'm truly happy. Bono, Edge, Adam, Larry - thank you.

That ended up being a lot longer than I intended, sorry :huh: point is I'll buy the album and anything else U2 I can (I want the iPod, hopefully will get it for Christmas) and I'm not distributing the album or anything. I downloaded the tracks, burned them straight onto a CD, and that CD hasn't left my CD player yet. Despite how fucking amazing this album is I'm not giving copies to people... so no need to worry.

MacPhisto066 said:
I suppose you always respect the speed limit and do all your stops, right ? Of coursenot. None of us do. You see the point, my friend ?

You'd think it would be hard to shut down threads with links to the album, but there are much larger forum sites that do it in a short amount of time. After what, 2 days, there are still links on this site to get the album. I actually don't even think it's interference's fault, but they should police such links just as other forums do. Then we wouldn't be having this discussion about whether or not this site is responsible... which I don't think they are, but if I was them, I would make sure there was no doubt.

On a side note, I do obey all traffic lights and stop signs... I never go over the speed limit more than 5mph. Speeding is one thing, but blowing through a red light or stop sign will get you killed :)

Well after seeing that a U2 fan would actually buy a copy of this album from some fuckin loser store, that obviously is just out to profit from this leak, I think we should also pledge to report anyone selling this album to any authority that will listen.

This has pissed me off to no end.

And what kills me more is this was posted in one of the forums that won't allow links to the leak, but no one even batted an eyelash about buying the bootleg today.

i know not everyone will buy the album, but i'll buy the album and probably all the singles. some established artists put their whole albums on their sites for free download before they are released . Neil Young is one example. He knows he has quality material and a loyal fan base who will buy his cd when it comes out. Sting usually previews every song but one on radio before it gets released. Again, he has confidence that what he has is good and loyal people will buy the album and pay for concert tickets. If there hadn't been a leak and it streamed legally on the 16th on radio we would have recorded it, but still we would buy it a week later. Obviously their will always be some people with no morals that will just take and never pay. I wonder how they would feel if they worked all week and didn't get paid for it! How about working months on a cd and not getting paid. I think we just love U2 music so much we just can't wait when we know something is out there(they probably are just as eager for everyone to hear it and react). I must admit with all this new material I still keep lookng to see if 'fast cars' has leaked yet. Just can't get enough. I hope the day will come that when an album is mixed at 5 pm it will be ready for legal download at 5:30 pm. That might solve the problem.

I don't think Principal Managment would shut down U2 sites providing links to the album leak. That would be extremely bad PR.

That being said, I pledge to run to the store as soon as humanly possible on the day the album is released (whether the 16th or the 23rd) and plunk down my money for a hard copy.

IF the record company was handing out copies of the album in Toronto, then why would they come after U2 fans who downloaded the CD that they provided to the general public, even if it was in limited quantities?

Even if company personel got their wires crossed, Principle Management need to look for the leaker inside their ranks. :eyebrow:

I'm with all of you. I'll be buying a copy for all my siblings, plus my best friend, plus the Deluxe Edition (book/CD/DVD -- Fast Cars). Add to that the I-pod and I'll be shelling well over $1,000 in the name of love.

I hope PM has a good sense of humour. . .and as they probably are closer to the band then any one of us will ever be, I'm sure they do. I think it would be a good idea not to rip on them or for that matter, verbally attack them for a message they probably didn't even author.

The internet is a powerul tool and if you can read the signs along the way you can proabably come to the right decisions about fact and fiction. . .if not, continue believing that TV is reality.

Screw PM. Who are they? Until I hear or see some expressed opinions from the band members themselves, I would take this crap seriously. I personally didn't download and probably won't because I have better things to do with life, memory on my computer and I can wait. It's really not that serious to me but I understand. November 23rd can't come soon enough although I will probably wait til christmas and get it as a gift from one of my kids. Can you believe that? I will wait for christmas? Does that make me less of a fan than any of you? No, I just have other things in life going on:wink: RELAX! Oh, and what would you need 3 copies for? My God. people!:lol:

Last edited:
I personally don't understand why are you argueing so much on this matter...
You're very lucky to have the chance to buy the album on Nov 22th. I'm from a former "east block" country... and I won't have the chance to buy HTDAAB until... probably... next Easter. Maybe you understand now why I was so anxious to download the album before its release... So stop argueing about such a non-sense thing...

Back
Top Bottom