To my fellow UKers/Irish folk.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question.

I registered on ticketmaster.co.uk and managed to get tickets for London during the pre-sale.

Tomorrow I want to try my luck for Dublin tickets during the general sale, so I thought I should also register my card info on ticketmaster.ie

But the Ireland dates do show on the tickemaster.co.uk page, so it looks like I could buy Dublin tickets using that account without having to get another one.

Anyone here bought Dublin tickets from ticketmaster.co.uk or without registering on ticketmaster.ie?

well to be fair the most i have paid with booking fee is about £55 for oasis - they usually were cheaper but put prices up a bit on this tour

I cant afford more - especially after spending nearly £80 a ticket for Jacko - but that is special circumstances as he is the KING

If i was rich i'd pay the £180 - i am a student

i got man city u2 for about £45/£50 but my mate got them - this time he is in Holland so he's off there

U2 can cash in as they know there are enough folk who will spend £180 - they should chill out on the prices and do more gigs!

My mum is saying she doesnt want to go because going to London is going to be expensive and a bit of a journey. :sigh: I can quite happily go alone, but I know she'd like to go. :( She said she'd liked to have gone to Dublin. I would too, but it'd probably end up MORE expensive, not to mention Im pretty sure you need a passport to get there.

Im going to try and get her a ticket anyway, no doubt Ill be able to sell it if she doesnt go. Im hoping my friend can use her connections to get us discounted flights/hotel.

:slant:

My mum is saying she doesnt want to go because going to London is going to be expensive and a bit of a journey. :sigh: I can quite happily go alone, but I know she'd like to go. :( She said she'd liked to have gone to Dublin. I would too, but it'd probably end up MORE expensive, not to mention Im pretty sure you need a passport to get there.

Im going to try and get her a ticket anyway, no doubt Ill be able to sell it if she doesnt go. Im hoping my friend can use her connections to get us discounted flights/hotel.

:slant:

Stay AWAY from London and AWAY from Wembley, somewhere on the Tube line and it is a LOT cheaper :wave:

:yes: And there are some really great youth hostels in London actually, I'm a fan of the Earls Court one.

u from usa? you'll need a passport anyway from USA to UK or IRE

Well duh. :lol:

No, Im on the Isle of Man. But since thats (sort of) the UK, and Ireland is technically another country, I think Id still need a passport. Ive been to the north on a day trip without one, but last time we went to Eire I seem to remember my mum covering us with her passport. :scratch:

Stay AWAY from London and AWAY from Wembley, somewhere on the Tube line and it is a LOT cheaper

Ill no-doubt be needing to get the train from the airport to Wembley. My fear is though if we get a hotel, HOW we get back there after the show. :huh: Ideally Id like a hotel near the stadium, but as you say, its gonna be pricey.

Never been to London so its all a bit much. :uhoh:

Last minute dilemma - London or Glasgow?

Im not all that bothered about atmosphere and whatnot, since Ill be sitting halfway between the grass and space I probably wont notice any difference.

But after some google Earthing, I notice that getting from Luton/Gatwick to Wembley is quite fiddly. Glasgow international to Hampen seems nearer, but then I couldnt see a direct train route.

Then theres the problem of hotels. Hampen seems a lot nearer to Glasgow itself, whereas London is HOWGE in comparison, so getting from the stadium at stupid o' clock to a hotel seems like a challenge.

If Im getting the plane to either Luton/Gatwick, or Glasgow Int., and intend to stay in a hotel, and need to make my own way to the stadia, which would be easier for me?

HALP. :scream:

Do London - surely there are tubes from Luton/Gatwick... there certainly is one from Heathrow, and daily tube passes for the whole of London are pretty cheap.

Can only get to Luton/Gatwick from here.

The thing is, it seems like a long way from the airports (either) to Wembley, and as far as I can make out theres no direct train. :/

My main worry is getting from the stadium back to the hotel when its finished. :huh:

Ah right... that's unfortunate!

There absolutely must be a train from these airports, they're massive airports! They'd be one into central london at least, and then just tube it :up:

Yeah, that's an issue - I think the tube stops at 12pm or 1pm... you'd probably make it though. This is the exact worry for me in Paris, but I'll tackle this problem when I come to it :D

Can only get to Luton/Gatwick from here.

The thing is, it seems like a long way from the airports (either) to Wembley, and as far as I can make out theres no direct train. :/

My main worry is getting from the stadium back to the hotel when its finished. :huh:

Wembley - International Routes

There's a bit of info on getting from either Luton or Gatwick to Wembley. As you say, both airports are a fair way away really but it can be done. From the info on this page, Gatwick seems the more straightforward of the two.

You should be able to find something a tube stop or two from the Stadium. Just google "wembley stadium hotels". Depending on how quickly you can get out of the stadium, you should be ok...you never know, for a crowd of that size, they may even keep the trains running a little later than normal - tho, I wouldn't count on that 100%

Ill no-doubt be needing to get the train from the airport to Wembley. My fear is though if we get a hotel, HOW we get back there after the show. :huh: Ideally Id like a hotel near the stadium, but as you say, its gonna be pricey.

Never been to London so its all a bit much. :uhoh:

If you need help PM me, I am near LHR and near Wembley, so I know the areas :sexywink:

if your an eu citizen u can get through most places in eu with your driving license

isle of man is sort of british isn't it?

mmmmm i wonder which one she went for

Hey All, Thanks for your advice! I wish I could have gone to both!! And I was very tempted to go for Glasgow but I went for Dublin! It's been my dream to see them there and as one of my friends said, if i went for Glasgow (it being more sensible) then I'd regret it and wish I'd gone for Dublin! And since when have i been sensible??!!! Haha!!

Fucking Wembley :madwife:

Got two for Sheffield (gotta text wayne :hyper: ) standing for Cardiff, hopefully buying two for Paris off a friend and can swap one for Wembley so... :hyper:

i got 2 Gen admission for cardiff on ticketmaster

but i have no confirmation email even though it says order completed etc - i printed the confirmed page and in my order history is says its fine

hope its ok

Me and my mates got 5 GAs for Dublin and 2 GAs for Sheffield!!!! So happy!!!

Unfortunately in our haste, we selected Ticketfast option, but I'm sure its all fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom