Ticketmaster Not Mailing Tix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flyingfleet2000

Babyface
Just a little worried...
I was the winning bidder for 2 nosebleed seats at the MCI Center /DC show on Oct. 19th. (paid about $15 over face when you consider surcharges & shipping) I still have not received the tickets yet. The seller recently sent the following e-mail:

"AS OF RIGHT NOW , NO ONE HAS RECIEVED THEIR TICKETS FOR YOUR AREA , TICKETMASTER IS REFUSING TO MAIL OUT ANY TICKETS , AT LEAST TO ANYONE OUT OF STATE. I HAVE THE RECIEPT AND EVERYTHING IF YOU WANT TO SEE THAT I BROUGHT THEM ."

So, am I being shafted here? Any advice, encouragement? Anyone had the same experience? Thanks!

Of all the tickets I've gotten, DC is the sole set that I'm waiting for. They haven't even sent me an email telling me that the tickets have been printed which is what I have been receiving from Ticketmaster for the other shows I'm attending.

The Seller is telling the truth.

I got an e-mail that said they were mailed but I haven't recieved them yet. Minneapolis tix. But I'm from Canada so it could take some time I guess.

I just saw my DC tickets change to "tickets have been printed" this weekend and then only for 10/19, the 10/20 still say "purchased and waiting to be printed"

I'm still waiting on my DC tix from Ticketmaster, too.

Also waiting for pre-sale DC tickets here... hang in there, as most of us are doing the same. I guess the Ticketmaster Maryland office is the laziest in the country... :mad:

None of my Toronto tickets have been mailed out. Not the pre-sale or the regular sale and now it's starting to tick me off as I paid more money than it would have cost me to pick them up at an outlet.

I just might give them a call to see if i can change the method of delivery.

GA tix for DC 10/19 finally came--woo-hoo! Now comes the waiting....

I've yet to receive my 11/19 Atlanta GA's from the general sale, even though the "tickets have been printed" email got to me on 3/29. Has this happened to anyone else?

As far as the TOronto tickets go ...they wont be mailing those out till the mid/end of april. (that's what the nice lady on the phone said)

However, u can call Ticketmaster and have them change it so u can pick it up at an outlet. That's what I did, and now I have my tickets. yay :)

flyingfleet2000 said:
Thanks everybody! I'm still suspicious, but I feel a little more informed now...

I can attest to the fact that the seller is probably telling the truth. I'm in a similar situation with tickets for a different show (not U2). I know someone who got their tickets already, for the same show and venue, but I have not received mine, even though TM says they were finished printing and have been mailed. Same show, same venue, one's got tix, the other doesn't. I sent an email to TM and they assured me the tix were mailed out, but that sometimes there are delays. The only thing that can be done is to wait for that 48 hours before the show period to arrive and if you haven't got the tix, call em. I know this doesn't help for you since you're buying off ebay, and hopefully the seller isn't far from you where they may be able to hand deliver the tickets if they need to pick up from a Will Call window (if they're a good ebayer, they will do that if local).

Just sit tight...I'm sure things will work out.

DC is a separate arm of Ticketmaster - different office ticket stock etc. They more times than not will wait til 2-3 weeks before the event to print tickets.

Their customer service is separate too and easy to get in touch with.

You can call and request a print and a UPS send for as low as 14.50 if you are anxious to get the tix in your hand.

I received my 10/19 DC tickets today, but the 10/20 ones still haven't been printed.

I called today and they told me they had started to process the U2 tickets but had to stop because other events which were closer in time had to be begin being processed. The woman assured me that the remaining tickets would eventually be mailed.

retro said:
As far as the TOronto tickets go ...they wont be mailing those out till the mid/end of april. (that's what the nice lady on the phone said)

Actually, I've already received all of my Toronto tickets in the mail (both the Prop ones and the general sale ones).

flyingfleet2000 said:
Just a little worried...
I was the winning bidder for 2 nosebleed seats at the MCI Center /DC show on Oct. 19th. (paid about $15 over face when you consider surcharges & shipping) I still have not received the tickets yet. The seller recently sent the following e-mail:

"AS OF RIGHT NOW , NO ONE HAS RECIEVED THEIR TICKETS FOR YOUR AREA , TICKETMASTER IS REFUSING TO MAIL OUT ANY TICKETS , AT LEAST TO ANYONE OUT OF STATE. I HAVE THE RECIEPT AND EVERYTHING IF YOU WANT TO SEE THAT I BROUGHT THEM ."

So, am I being shafted here? Any advice, encouragement? Anyone had the same experience? Thanks!

Do they have positive feedback? If they have 100% positive feedback, I'd tend to lean toward them being honest about the situation...

anitram said:

Actually, I've already received all of my Toronto tickets in the mail (both the Prop ones and the general sale ones).

TM says my Toronto orders have yet to be printed.

Back
Top Bottom