Ticketless Entry Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This may be in another post so I'm sorry if it is. I was wondering about the rules for getting into the arena with a hardcopy ticket. I bought the tickets for Chicago 1 and 2 at a local ticket box office. Do you need to show the credit card on which you bought the tickets, or do you just need your ticket? My tickets are in 331 and I would like to give them to a friend of mine but not sure if he would even be able to use them if he needs to show the credit card it's on. Thanks for the advice

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Credit card entry is for GA ticketless only. If you have hard copy seats. There is no restriction

I just want to share this with everyone that'll help you breathe if your credit card got changed since you bought your tickets. Let me preface, I live near Chicago, bought some tickets through U2.com presale, some through regular ticketmaster onsale. So just today, Ticketmaster acted very quickly and helped put my new credit card info on my GA tickets for this week's shows. My original card was compromised and the credit card company sent out a new card to me a few weeks ago. I cut up the old card totally forgetting I'd need the original card for the GA ticketless entry.

So bascially, re-stating what I did to get my ticket issue fixed:
1) First, you won't get anywhere by calling Ticketmaster. They gave me an email address. I also went on ticektmaster.com,found this page that tells you what to do: Ticketmaster.com - FAQ | What if I'm getting in with Credit Card entry, but my card was lost or stolen?

2) I typed up the email to ccaccountupdate@ticketmaster.com. In that email I briefly explained the old card & new card thing quickly;
typed the order #'s of the shows I needed the new credit card attached to;
attached a PDF of my most recent credit card statement with the new card #, only sent the front page of the statement. They say the billing address of the new card statement has to match the old card billing address. **I blacked out all but the last 4 digits of the credit card # on that page;
put the best hours of the day they could call me back;

3) I got a phone call from Ticketmaster and they asked me to give them the new credit card # and expiration date of the card. Now the new card is attached to the ticket orders and said I can swipe my new card at the arena. They emailed me back a few minutes later with instructions how to see my orders. They did NOT charge the new card but they had to 'cancel' the old orders and put them on the new card. So my ticket orders have new order #'s but they did not charge my card a 2nd time.

AND ALL OF THIS WITHIN 72 HOURS OF THE FIRST SHOW!

I was impressed, Ticketmaster actually did me a solid. I forgot to look into this weeks ago and they did it within 2 hours of my request. Maybe I got lucky but still. So I hope this helps anyone else.
I printed copies of my new order confirmations just in case but they said I won't need them, and I see the last 4 digits of my new card on the new order confirmation.

I want to thank Reggie thee Dog for his post back on page 1 & everyone else for contributing to this thread. I didn't panic all that much because I remembered seeing this thread weeks ago. The first thing I did today when I realized my credit card situation was go here on the forum and find this particular thread. That's what blue crack addicts are good for, taking care of their fellow blue crack heads :D

Thank you mofo82 this is really helpful! I'll send another e-mail at the address you gave. Hope to get the same results, even if I live outside US (which is my biggest issue).

Thanks again, really!:up:

You can't buy mostly any tickets without a credit card, so they'd have to take the credit card with which the ticket was purchased.

Of course, someone could buy a resale ticket on Craigslist or whatever with cash, but it wouldn't be GA.

After I contacted them 1 week ago, still waiting for an answer from TM. Just in the same situation as many of you, got international tickets for 26th July, I've got my cc cloned and replaced by a new one, same bank account different card nr of course, which I've had to destroy (bank policy). I think I'll be at will call box with the CC statement from 12/2014 and my ID and the new CC and hopefully I'll be able to get my tickets! So tired of this all..:crack:
Keep you posted if anything happens, best of luck to you all guys!

Ok this is the TM answer, hope is useful to other fans.
(I've asked about opening times of MSGs BO)
'The credit card cannot be changed for Will Call pick up. However, you can take the credit card statement, along with your order # and a valid photo ID, to the Will Call window.
Will Call is located on the left hand side of the main lobby and is open anytime on the day of the show.'

Sent from my SM-G900F using U2 Interference mobile app

Ok this is the TM answer, hope is useful to other fans.
(I've asked about opening times of MSGs BO)
'The credit card cannot be changed for Will Call pick up. However, you can take the credit card statement, along with your order # and a valid photo ID, to the Will Call window.
Will Call is located on the left hand side of the main lobby and is open anytime on the day of the show.'

Sent from my SM-G900F using U2 Interference mobile app

This is the same answer I got, take photo ID, CC statement and order details to box office/will call/customer service window

What if you already have traditional hard tickets for Msg and there GA, do I still need credit card with my ticket or is it only electronic tickets? I have a friend who can't make it to Msg and wants to give me his 2 Ga and they are hard tickets not electronic. Would I need his credit card to use them?

What if you already have traditional hard tickets for Msg and there GA, do I still need credit card with my ticket or is it only electronic tickets? I have a friend who can't make it to Msg and wants to give me his 2 Ga and they are hard tickets not electronic. Would I need his credit card to use them?

nope, you'll only need ID or CC if have no hard ticket with you as is the case for Will Call and international customers, d.h. paperless customers

MSG is the only US venue that issued hard tickets since CC entry only is illegal in NY.

Hi, i don't know if any of you can help but i was just wondering if anyone had previously been to a concert in the O2 arena in London?

The thing is I got "tickets" - well actually it's ticketless entry but you know what i mean :wink: - to see U2 in October via the U2.com presale route, but as i dont have a credit card i used my mother's to purchase them. She isnt going to the concert nor will she be in London at the time. Does anyone know if i bring her credit card with me, my passport and the confirmation email etc would they let me in? I dont know if it'll help but we have the same surname ..

I just realized I used my father's credit card to buy my single Toronto GA ticket :| sent an e-mail to TM to see how this will work out...:doh: I am a woman and he has a distinctly male first name or else I would just borrow his CC and take it to the venue.

You and I are in a similar situation. Didn't think anything of it at the time, figured having the card in hand would be enough.
But then I've heard rumours of them checking ID at some of the shows..and it's stressing me out. Last names match, first names...not so much.

Not sure if I should try to contact TM or the ACC to figure out whether this will be a problem.

This is the same predicament I am in for Montreal. One of my parents bought the ticket and I paid them the cash. I emailed evenko and TM and they said only the purchaser could be allowed admittance.

This is bullshit. I am going anyway.

Did you have any issues?
:)

Has anyone else had trouble with their actual card? I bought two sets of GAs on two different cards. Night 1, everything was fine. Night 2 (different card), the lady doing the scanning tried 4 times and wasn't getting anything. I was frantically pulling up my TM account on my phone when a manager came over, scanned two more times, and finally it went through.

So here's what happened to me in Chicago;
I had tix for the first 2 nights, GA CC entry tix.
A couple of months ago my wife lost the CC and we had it re-issued (with a different number etc), I called TM they told me I would need the following
Order details
ID
CC statement showing ticket purchase
New CC statement showing same address etc as above

turns out when I got to Will Call that night I only needed my ID & order details.

One positive; I ended up with hard tickets rather than the cheap little printed thing you get when you go in and scan your card.
In theory (not advocating this), if you wanted hard tix, you could just take your order details and ID to will call and tell them you no longer have that CC and you will get hard tix...

As for using someone else's card I think it may depend on who's TM acct they were booked on; obv the CC holder could go down to the venue with you, go to will call and say (as above) no longer have CC but show order details and ID and get the tix.
Obv if the CC holder cant get to the venue that's another issue....

So here's what happened to me in Chicago;
I had tix for the first 2 nights, GA CC entry tix.
A couple of months ago my wife lost the CC and we had it re-issued (with a different number etc), I called TM they told me I would need the following
Order details
ID
CC statement showing ticket purchase
New CC statement showing same address etc as above

turns out when I got to Will Call that night I only needed my ID & order details.

One positive; I ended up with hard tickets rather than the cheap little printed thing you get when you go in and scan your card.
In theory (not advocating this), if you wanted hard tix, you could just take your order details and ID to will call and tell them you no longer have that CC and you will get hard tix...

As for using someone else's card I think it may depend on who's TM acct they were booked on; obv the CC holder could go down to the venue with you, go to will call and say (as above) no longer have CC but show order details and ID and get the tix.
Obv if the CC holder cant get to the venue that's another issue....

Thanks for the info.When you say order details, do you mean the confirmation e-mail?
I suppose this is an option, tho don't know if I can get them into town since it's a workday.

Hoping MoonBrow will post their experiences. :)

Thanks for the info.When you say order details, do you mean the confirmation e-mail?
I suppose this is an option, tho don't know if I can get them into town since it's a workday.

Hoping MoonBrow will post their experiences. :)

I just went to my TM acct, went to the "orders" page, clicked on the U2 show and printed that;

So I contacted the ACC, and tried to get some answers about what the policies will be on Monday.
From the way she replied, I suspect they've had a number of calls about ids not necessarily matching the credit card used for payment. It would be great if someone else could call and get confirmation on what she told me ....that you simply need to have the actual card used, and then a photocopy of the card owner's id and a note giving permission to use it.

I asked about getting hard tickets and she seemed less certain about that.

I just realized I used my father's credit card to buy my single Toronto GA ticket :| sent an e-mail to TM to see how this will work out...:doh: I am a woman and he has a distinctly male first name or else I would just borrow his CC and take it to the venue.

Did you get a reply from TM that is consistent with what the venue told me? :)

I called ticketmaster a couple days ago as I have a similar problem. I was told as long as I brought my brother's credit card I'll be fine. She even sent me an email confirming that. I never called the ACC, though so I hope there isn't an issue.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

I called ticketmaster a couple days ago as I have a similar problem. I was told as long as I brought my brother's credit card I'll be fine. She even sent me an email confirming that. I never called the ACC, though so I hope there isn't an issue.

I might try and get the copy of his id, and a note as backup. Just in case?

I followed up with an e-mail to the venue (so I would have something in writing) and they confirmed what I was told on the phone.
I think it'll only matter if they actually check IDs ....but that seems to have been hit or miss. Maybe they figure no one will care if the first names don't match, as long as the last names do?

I'm just a little worried about having issues, so I'm coming prepared. Like a girl scout. lol

The venue said you need to bring a photocopy of the owner's ID? ugh, I can't get that from my brother in time.

Phoenix was the only venue asking for ID (and even then, only certain venue employees, not all of them).

I'll bring my letter from Ticketmaster. You'd think their policy would trump venue policy. .

Have not needed an ID yet(11 shows). Even in Phoenix (one venue employee asked people before the supervisor straightened her out) it wasn't necessary.

I can confirm the Phoenix thing too. The person scanning it tickets asked for ID one night but other employees weren't. The other night we weren't aided to furnish. So I could have argued my way out of it if I hadn't had it with me.

They asked for ID at Montreal 2. I was reminded of that today.
But Toronto will usually do the opposite of Montreal ;)

Back
Top Bottom