THIS IS AMERICA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
As I live in Southern California, and the skies are supposed to be free from the noise of planes.... as we endure a no fly-zone in the US... I've been hearing nothing but the roar of planes for the last half hour... my guess is that Camp Pendleton has been mobilized and is on their way somewhere....

I thought of Bullet the Blue Sky... and so this has evolved...

This guy hides away
His face rarely seen where the damage blows
Like a lion dressed in buttons and bows
And he's creeping closer and closer
Throwing us down
One tower, two tower
And I can see those commercial planes
And I can see those commercial planes
Across the playgrounds where the children weep
Through the alleys of a busy city street
You take the elevator to the one-hundred and first floor
Wait as you see whats beyond the door
As you see the smoke rise from below
And though there are no walls you hear the city groan
This is America
This is America

------------------
-Elvis
http://interference.com

I like your song Elvis.

------------------
Catch the mouse
Squash his head
Put him in the pot

I like it.

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Very nice.

I was also deeply moved by so many members of Congress forgetting party lines and joining together in a moment of silence, and in a short song:

God bless America, land that I love
Stand beside her and guide her
Through the night with the light from above

From the mountains to the prairies
To the oceans white with foam
God bless America, my home sweet home

And, naturally, my thoughts also turn to our national hymn, the Battle Hymn of the Republic:

Mine eyes have seen the glory
Of the coming of the Lord;
He is trampling out the vintage
Where the grapes of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning
Of His terrible swift sword;
His truth is marching on.

------------------
- Achtung Bubba
September, streets capsizing,
Spilling over, down the drain

"You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're goin' up against. By God, I do. We're not just gonna shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy...bastards by the bushel."
from the film Patton

Last night, after the president's speech, I walked outside of my apartment here in MOntgomery, AL. I was walking to my car because I was headed over to my parents' home a few blocks away. The wind was really blowing and there was an eerie lightness to the sky. I could smell the rain coming. It was like the calm before the storm; it sent shivers down my spine. All of a sudden I stopped in my tracks- I could hear an aircraft soaring overhead. The sound was so loud. I realized that what I was hearing were military planes most likely from Maxwell Air Force Base on the north side of town. I felt sick and scared as the realization hit me that nothing will ever be the same again.

As an aside -- glad to see a Montgomery U2 fan. I'm originally from B'ham, and my little lady's from Montgomery.
smile.gif

And things will return to normal.

America goes on.

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

"You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're goin' up against. By God, I do. We're not just gonna shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy...bastards by the bushel."
from the film Patton

I live in a great country.

People can say that Americans have egos...
thats damn right, we do.

And if people in other countries aren't patriotic for their own country, and don't have egos to support patriotism - that's sad.

We're one, but not the same.

THIS IS AMERICA

------------------
-Elvis
http://interference.com

Actually, Bubba, I'm originally from Bham, too... just partially raised in Montg. Glad to meet ya. I know we will be allright; we're made of stronger stuff than they think... but it feels like the world, our world, has changed overnight. Like a little carefree kid that has had to grow up too fast suddenly. Am I making sense?

Yeah, my world has changed too.

But America will not become less free, America will not be frightened by this.
smile.gif

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

from the film Patton

As one of the many members of this forum that so rarely posts, but surfs the views & opininos of other, what i thought were like minded people,I am disgusted by the jingoistic hateful sentiment being shown. Sure there needs to be some form of retribution. But just remember that these revenge fantasies, WHEN fulfilled will be as equally devastating as NY. I hope that all the victims to come In this vicious circle will also be in your prayers tonight.

Originally posted by Elvis:
I live in a great country.

People can say that Americans have egos...
thats damn right, we do.

And if people in other countries aren't patriotic for their own country, and don't have egos to support patriotism - that's sad.

We're one, but not the same.

THIS IS AMERICA

I agree with you 100%, God Bless America....Land that We LOVE!!!!!

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by jinn77:
As one of the many members of this forum that so rarely posts, but surfs the views & opininos of other, what i thought were like minded people,I am disgusted by the jingoistic hateful sentiment being shown. Sure there needs to be some form of retribution. But just remember that these revenge fantasies, WHEN fulfilled will be as equally devastating as NY. I hope that all the victims to come In this vicious circle will also be in your prayers tonight.

I hear you, jinn77.

foray

Elvis: I live near van Nuys airport, very eerie to hear total silence around here. i have been hearing police helicopters( i guess) but thats it.
I am hearing that there are fighter jets patroling the Los Angeles area. Some of the planes youve heard could be those...although theyd be Marine jets of course - Hornets and Tomcats, unless youre hearing transport planes. If i heard the sound, i could possibly tell the difference between em. I wish i could see 'em.
Or perhaps youre hearing planes taking off from Edwards, March, or Vandenburg?
Whatever, i dont know,lol, i just like knowing they are up there!
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Wow-good song. And it is strictly military aircraft allowed to fly.

Lets all just pray for the safety of our men and women in the military.

Oh, they'll be alright. Anybody hurts my boys and I'll slit their throats myself.
mad.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Originally posted by Elvis:
I've been hearing nothing but the roar of planes for the last half hour... my guess is that Camp Pendleton has been mobilized and is on their way somewhere....

In Houston, fighter planes are "patrolling" the gulf coast as we have many oil refineries, NASA, and off shore drilling.

Thank God for them but how sad and scary that it's come to this.

------------------
This certainly does not feel very Elvis.

I'm proud of you guys, don't get me wrong, but there are people who are ruining everything for you.
I mean, how many have I heard say "Nuke all the terrorists states". Thats scary!! Keep fucking nukes out of this, I hate the very thought of nuclear war.

I'm also very anxious about the racial implications of this. How do you think a group of three musilms boarding a plane in New York will be treated now? It's scary...
and I hate how they have said the terrorists are 5 muslims based on the sole fact that they were on the list of passengers....stereotyping, no?

I have become so afraid lately. Thinking of the hundreds of freak ways I could die in the course of day...it's such a morbid thought, I can't handle it.
The more I think of all this...the more I hate the human race...when did we get so vengeful?

------------------
"We got no style...swagger...but no style"

Back
Top Bottom