These U2 bashers piss me off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This post REALLY has me fired up:

"I HATE U2. Oh, I used to like them; now they're dinosaurs. And pretentious? They consider themselves Gods. And Bono is a loudmouth asshole who is now trying to be some kind of goodwill ambassador; it gives him even more time to travel the world in search of adulation and indulge in drinking and whoring. And by the way, has anyone seen recent picures of him? He's in his early forties but looks to be about mid-fifties. All those years of drinking and smoking and fucking supermodels must be catching up with him. He's such a fucking fraud. "

UGGHH!!!

Oh, it gets worse. Posts on pages 2 and 3 are hateful.

We need to post some good thigs over there to balance it out.. ;-)

who really cares? Do you know how musically inept these people are for posting this? I mean, if they took the time to write all that stuff they have nothing better to do, damn their just haters with no knowledge of real music. I could care less, the new u2 single is phenominal and is getting great acceptance from 90% of the people hearing it.

Seriously people, there are better things to spend your time and energy on than people who don't like U2. It used to piss me off, but it doesn't matter how great we think something is, there are going to be people who don't like it, no matter how ridiculous their reasoning seems to us.

Let's just focus our efforts on getting U2 out there as much as possible.

Foxxern said:
Seriously people, there are better things to spend your time and energy on than people who don't like U2. It used to piss me off, but it doesn't matter how great we think something is, there are going to be people who don't like it, no matter how ridiculous their reasoning seems to us.

Let's just focus our efforts on getting U2 out there as much as possible.

:up:

Don't waste your energy trying to change the minds of such ignorant people. It just fuels their fire. Kind of like the Henry Rollins thing...our reactions to his comments on the radio probably gave him more of a rise than anything.

Don't get me wrong, it pisses me off too. I just hate to give them any kind of reaction.

They have no idea how stupid some of their comments really are...since when does sleeping with supermodels make someone look old? :wink:

As soon as I saw this I knew we were gonna get the same old lectures, not everyone likes U2, don't let it upset you :blahblah: but honestly now, not liking the music is one thing, but spreading outright LIES and gossip on someone is rotten and unacceptable :down: Most people who read those things don't know better like us, and they'll believe it. That's not right.

Last edited:
i detect a spot of jealousy

if they dont like them - just ignore them - they probably arnt bright enough to get most of the lyrics, and definitely not artistic enough to appreciate the music.

and if they had any idea about politics what so ever they would realise theres not many people - famous or otherwise - that have promoted as many truely noble and great things as bono - truely a star in every sense of the word

ignore the heathens

"dont believe in goldman his type is like a curse instant karmas gonna get him if i dont get him first...i believe in love"

U2Kitten said:
As soon as I saw this I knew we were gonna get the same old lectures, not everyone likes U2, don't let it upset you :blahblah: but honestly now, not liking the music is one thing, but spreading outright LIES and gossip on someone is rotten and unacceptable :down: Most people who read those things don't know better like us, and they'll believe it. That's not right.

Then please, feel free to go over there and defend them. Drive yourself crazy arguing with people who hate everything about U2 and won't listen anyway.

Look at it this way: do you think Bono would give a shit that some pathetic internet nerds spend their time making up shit about him!! I'm sure he is using his hundred dollar bills to wipe the tears away.

you know what the problem is? its the fact that these people who like to bash bono think of religious people as closed minded... the funny thing is that it seems that these religion haters are the ones who look closed minded when you really look at the situation

also i find that people who don't know who u2 are usually don't know much of the charitable works he does and the amount of time he spends in politics, they just think hes an uneducated dummy talking to politicians

I read the first page of those comments. I didn't think they were bashing U2 so much. And I don't care to read it any further. :shrug:
It's no different on this forum, when some other artists are mentioned.

So what's the big deal? That some people don't like U2 and write inane things to make this obvious? As a wise member here once said "the more chance we have for concert tickets".

:)

Marty

I like reading these kinda things.....it makes me laugh that bit about Bono looking like he's in his 50's and fucking all these super models....hehehe you gotta see the funny side. The people who write this stuff must really have so much hate in them, I remember reading comments like this 12 years ago about U2 being pretentious and being Gods, but you compare them to all the groups around today and no fu#king group comes near. They influence every group that is around today, Coldplay, Travis, Oasis, Keane......etc they all love U2 and that is fact. U2 ARE GODS, they make the most original and exciting music out there.

Yeah, some of it is pretty funny, actually. Like the reason Bono travels so much is because he and his wife don't get along very well. Right. It's so obvious they despise each other!:wink:

Who gives a shit what these wankers are saying. As far as I'm concerned its less people in line for me as I try to get tickets. They're probably totally apeshit about bands that I would only listen too at the threat of gunpoint.

brachanam9 said:
This post REALLY has me fired up:

"I HATE U2. Oh, I used to like them; now they're dinosaurs. And pretentious? They consider themselves Gods. And Bono is a loudmouth asshole who is now trying to be some kind of goodwill ambassador; it gives him even more time to travel the world in search of adulation and indulge in drinking and whoring. And by the way, has anyone seen recent picures of him? He's in his early forties but looks to be about mid-fifties. All those years of drinking and smoking and fucking supermodels must be catching up with him. He's such a fucking fraud. "

UGGHH!!!

:blah: I wish these guys could be a little bit more original. How many times have we heard these comments? :yawn:

This comment has "jealosuy" written all over the place.

Bono's American Wife said:

Then please, feel free to go over there and defend them. Drive yourself crazy arguing with people who hate everything about U2 and won't listen anyway.

I'm not going to do that. I just think there is a difference between just not caring for certain music and insulting people personally.

Don't worry to much about them. Some people don't like U2. Just like some people don't like pizza. But all that means is more pizza for me, and more pizza for you.

It's okay not to like the music. It's not okay to spread untrue rumors about the band members' character:|

Eh, it doesn't really bug me that much. Mainly because I know that most of the people who are saying negative things about the band are probably into Linkin Park, or something like that. It's just a matter of taste. I don't care for Madonna or Britney Spears in the slightest, but does that make the people who like those artists bad? No. Of course, I wouldn't go and say things about them like these people are doing with U2...but oh well. Sticks and stones.

One thing did bug me though - the person who said U2 imitated Coldplay. What an ignorant little twat!

GibsonGirl said:
One thing did bug me though - the person who said U2 imitated Coldplay. What an ignorant little twat!

Oh, I didn't see that one. That bugs me too, since it was Coldplay who copied U2 in the first place! And Bono's farts sound better than Martin's whiney old voice but that's another story :censored:

U2Kitten said:

Oh, I didn't see that one. That bugs me too, since it was Coldplay who copied U2 in the first place! And Bono's farts sound better than Martin's whiney old voice but that's another story :censored:

Blargh, yes! I like Coldplay (actually, I only truly liked them two years ago when I had no U2 to keep me occupied)... but the moment anyone says that U-fokkin'-2 copied Coldplay... that's just crossing the line. He/she needs to reverse that statement entirely.

Yeah, you can't copy somebody who copied you! Shows how ignorant of music history some people sadly are :sigh:

U2 copied Coldplay heheheh he's probably only 12 years old the kid that said that. Coldplay and Chris Martin love U2, and I reckon Coldplay are a pretty decent band but to be in the same league as U2 lets see if they can make 5 or 6 really quality albums, let alone 10. Me thinks Coldplay are a bit one paced and their next record will be the one that really tests them, their music sounds a bit all the same and their comes a time when you have to change.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom