The White Stripes - Icky Thump, Etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just glad to see Meg back on stage.

I really cannot understand why people get surprised when criticism of the subject of a thread elicits a strong response the other way. This is the same sort of thing that MadForIt was doing in the Radiohead thread, which resulted in about 20 pages of equally hyperbolic reactions from both sides and completely derailed the thread.

Fuck you both.

That is totally inappropriate. Surely you know better.

As for the topic at hand...I love the White Stripes, but I thought that performance was a dud. I think it was the first time I've ever really been disappointed by something White Stripes.

That was pretty craptastic...

Poor Meg. She makes Lil Wayne look like a good guitar player...

She's not looking so good either these days...:reject:

That really rocks. Very cool segue between the two songs. Death Letter got a good reception from the crowd.

Hahaha...I can't believe they let Beck present at the Grammys. Awesome.

While the Conan performance certainly wasn't "great", I can't poopoo it too much, as if I would have seen them give the exact same performance of the song during a concert, I probably would have enjoyed quite a bit in that context.

I'm glad this was dug up just so that I could see GAF being told (completely unnecessarily) that he was being inappropriate.

This live film is supposed to be all sorts of awesome.

When you said GAF was being inappropriate, I immediately thought it must be related to underaged females or something about Meg.

I was wrong.

Which I guess is sort of the point.

I've been trying to perfect my guitar skills on Ball & Biscuit lately. It's tough to do on an acoustic guitar. When I return home for spring break, I'll have my electric again, and I'll really take a crack at that one.

Ha, I totally forgot about that. I've only been reprimanded like 3 or 4 times in my history on the site, and that was one of 'em. It made me feel like the time I was in 2nd grade and I was talking too much to my friend and Mr. Elrick made me sit by myself at the table in the corner of the room.

The White Stripes are awesome.

You were actually completely right that NSW would have a biased viewpoint, too. I don't understand his disdain for Jack White.

Tell that dirtbag to stop by and tell us what he thought of Shutter Island.

If he says he didn't see it yet, tell him to take a bath with a toaster.

Response:

Tell him that I saw it, and that Scorcese is glorying in shots of dead Jews, I liked it a lot.
*despite Scorcese glorying

The Same Boy You've Always Known

Damn it.:angry: I got all excited when this thread reappeared because I thought maybe there was finally news of a new album. Oh well, a live album should tide me over until they can get something new out. I hope that's soon. I love them.:love:

You know why this is funny, don't you PEEF DAWG?
"You fucking die" I said, to her. I said "You fucking die," to her. Huh? What? No, no! I was talking to Kim. I said "You fucking die." No, we were just goofing around. No, it didn't have anything to do with anything. She said, "Don't anybody touch this, it's my stuff" and I said "You fucking die" like that. I was finishing her part for her. You know what I mean?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom