The Unforgettable Fire 8-Track?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
This isn't so much me looking for an item (well, I am looking for it) as just kind of curious. Has anyone ever come across this 8-Track? Any idea the value or anything?

I keep an eye out for it ever now and then, but so far I've yet to see it...anywhere.

I have a dream of owning every edition of TUF, but this one I just can not find.

aww, really? the only 8-track i've ever half-assedly (wow, didn't think that was a word but my comp says it is) searched for is rio, which i found on ebay once. ebay saved searches are a godsend, back in the day i found a few things that way.

TUF is so hard because it wasn't really commercial released. It was one of the last 8-tracks made from what I understand, and only released because of a contract deal Columbia House had to adhere to.

I'm bringing up this old thread to see if anyone has since found more info. on this. I'd love to get a TUF 8-track! :drool:

For those who don't know what 8-tracks are, they are a type of cassette popular in the 70's. The format lasted until the end of the 80's. One couldn't really rewind, but one could forward to a different "track" on the tape. They were portable (advantage over records) and players were found in cars (my friend's family had one in their car years ago). One could even record on an 8-track. The track jump feature made it easier to play certain songs more (compared to traditional cassette tapes). Of course, the advent of the CD made all of this moot. :)

Some 8-tracks are more collectible and U2's are up there because none were through the label, but rather through those record clubs, like Columbia House. "Rattle and Hum" was one of the last 8-tracks ever released.

I believe there were only 4 U2 8-track tapes (or cartridges) released (see below).

The picture of "Wide Awake in America" 8-track is the only picture I can even find on the internet! JT and R&H 8-tracks are a tad easier to find as those albums were more successful.

The Unforgettable Fire 8-Track:

unfire-8track.jpg

The Unforgettable Fire and Wide Awake in America 8-Tracks:

120794991042.jpg

The Joshua Tree 8-Track:

4838052089.jpg

Rattle and Hum 8-Track:

9om.jpg

Back
Top Bottom