The player that everyone likes but you can't stand...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More people than you'd think lol. I just don't like how he always taunts the fans. Doesn't have much class. David Beckham also grates on my nerves from time to time. Seems like a nice guy but from what I've seen through the years his skills don't match his hype.

Last edited:
UberBeaver said:
Rooney. Something about the guy annoys me.

Probably because he is a hot-head and a jackass at times on the field. And I am a Man Utd. fan. :D But I love the guy!

ARod comes to mind right away.
Kobe soon after
I have always always always thought Mike Vick was overrated and a punk well before recent activities. Probably about 3-4 years ago for sure. But his brother is worse.
If I wasn't a Man Utd. fan, I would probably hate Cristiano Ronaldo. :)

that guy in the office across the hall. I swear he's hit everything in the building. It's not that I can't stand him but all the broken hearted chicks sobbing on my shoulder gets a bit annoying sometimes.

randhail said:

All Philly fans are just sad, jealous, bitter people. :wink:
A title in any sport should soothe them, so they won't be bitter for much longer, probably 60-70 more years of bitterness and then they'll taste victory.

OK 60-70 years is a huge stretch, but I want to give our resident Philly fans some ray of hope.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:angry:

Ok, how about Beckham and Armstrong? Those two are big time tools (even though Beckham is sex on a stick he's just too pretty).

Much better! I've got no problem with Beckham, but I can't stand his wife.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Wayne Gretzky. I get it, I really honestly do, but I just cannot stand him at ALL.

Who hates Wayne Gretzky? I'm an Islander's fan and he took our Cup away from us, but even we don't hate him. That's like hating Cal Ripkin.

I also can't stand Peyton Manning. Eli is ok though.

Beckham- too overhyped, annoying
Tom Brady- just too damn smug, tired of seeing his mug
Lance Armstrong- too overexposed, not interesting

I want to see these people LOSE just so the media will shut up about them, and they'll go away. I used to feel this way about Michael Jordan, but you don't see him much anymore so he's off the list.

AnnRKeyintheUSA said:
I want to see these people LOSE just so the media will shut up about them, and they'll go away. I used to feel this way about Michael Jordan, but you don't see him much anymore so he's off the list.

going with this line of thinking I am really surprised Tiger Woods hasn't been mentioned at least once. I have nothing against him as a person or anything but seriously, dude, lose something once and a while...

Last edited:
elevated_u2_fan said:

going with this line of thinking I am really surprised Tiger Woods hasn't been mentioned at least once. I have nothing against him as a person or anything but seriously, dude, lose something once and a while...

I didn't think of him because I don't care for golf. Now that you mention it, yes, he's overhyped too. Some people hate him because he took away the last sport where the old, fat white man could still shine in sports!

I don't see how someone who wins as often as Tiger does can be over-hyped. The same goes for Michael Jordan. The same was said about Michael Schumacher when he was in his prime and winning virtually every race. So he was a winner. So what? With Tiger, Roger, Jordan and Schumacher we were witnessing greatness.

I think as time passes we'll all be more appreciative that we were able to see and enjoy greatness and will be able to tell our kids and grandkids about their exploits. (cliché I know, but I enjoyed hearing stories about Gordie Howe, Maurice Richard, Hank Aaron etc and it made me wish I had been alive to see them in their prime.)

Since when is success ever a bad thing? Isn't it what all athlete strives for?

Back
Top Bottom