The Person Below Me #5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonocomet said:
I'm on the west coast (San Diego) and I know what you mean now, but I guess I think of a camp more like a big place you go in the summer... like 6th grade camp... not something that belongs to you. I had never heard of anyone that has their own camp! LOLh

Well, I guess it's something that is maybe Southern or at least on this coast? I don't know. I know lots of people who have camps, but I didn't know it was an odd word. What do you call it when someone has a plot of land alongside a lake or a river that they use to do recreational activities in the summer?

Sloane Peterson said:

Well, I guess it's something that is maybe Southern or at least on this coast? I don't know. I know lots of people who have camps, but I didn't know it was an odd word. What do you call it when someone has a plot of land alongside a lake or a river that they use to do recreational activities in the summer?

well.... I don't know! most lakes and rivers here are part of national forests or parks or county owned. People go camping in these areas but I've never known anyone who owned a plot of land just for camping on. Maybe someone from around here will come and tell me I'm nuts! Of course people may own undeveloped land here but it's never called a camp as far as I've ever known. wow! :lol:

bonocomet said:

well.... I don't know! most lakes and rivers here are part of national forests or parks or county owned. People go camping in these areas but I've never known anyone who owned a plot of land just for camping on. Maybe someone from around here will come and tell me I'm nuts! Of course people may own undeveloped land here but it's never called a camp as far as I've ever known. wow! :lol:

and true.

tpbm will now go get a snack

oops didn't mean to quote myself :huh:

Back
Top Bottom